What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R14 Fri :: Broncos 22 Bulldogs 44 @ Suncorp

Round 14 :: Broncos v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Broncos to show the Dogs as the true myth's that they are.

Broncos easily.

Brisbane 36
Dogs 12
:lol:
Dogs getting a lucky break again.
They had 2 weeks to prepare for another tough match, and now the Broncos can't even train together.

Can the draw and other influences work out any better for this myth of a team.

Brisbane get their players on the field, and they will destroy the Dogs.

Broncos 36
Dogs 12.
You had the easiest draw of the lot in the first 8 rounds.
You've had 2 byes before other teams have had any.
You got a bye after City/country and the test match.

You got to play Saints after your bye, having 2 weeks to prepare for it. Saints players playing their 4th game in 12 days, and you still lost.

You got to play the Storm after they played a Monday night game.

You played Newcastle minus their Origin players. And they had a sh*tload of players out (which obviously is a Newcastle problem).

Then you get to play Brisbane this week after a bye and 2 weeks to prepare for them. Now they have been struck down by a swine flu crisis.

Pretty cruisy draw if you ask me.

You lost 2 points for having 14 men on the field and scoring that try with 14 men on the field. I'm sure Penrith would like those 2 points.

No byes left and you guys have to play some quality teams in the next 8 weeks. No resting up and 2 weeks to get ready for big games.
The Dogs slide down the ladder will start in around 3 weeks, there were already signs of it against the Knights.
LOL nice backflip. Join the St George Gymnastics Club or something :lol:
If either of those sides from last night are serious about winning the comp, then their goal line defense must improve.

Everytime both sides went to the opposing 20 in the first half, they scored.
Brisbane ran out of gas in the second half which blew the scoreline away.

The goal line defense from both teams was quite poor.
And I'm not trying to have a go at either side, that's just stating a fact.
Waaaaaaaa! Can't handle second ey?

drake

First Grade
Jesus Christ Timmah, anyone would think it was you that ran out and defeated an unprepared team that shouldn't have been made to play.

Just imagine how excited you're going to be when you lose your virginity.

thommo4pm

Coach

Again for you, with a decent preparartion and all things being equal, Brisbane would belt the Dogs.
Brisbane had 1 training session together to get ready for the Dogs, your team had 2 weeks.
It took you 65 minutes to finally get over them.

And as I said earlier in the thread, you haven't denied anything I stated over the draw for the Dogs.
You know it's all facts.

Can you tell me that your goal line defense was good last night?
If you say yes, well that tells me what kind of judge of a footy match you are. :crazy:
I already had my doubts, but that would just confirm it for me. :roll:

Can't handle second????
You're on top of the ladder right now, have we played yet this round?
If you are ahead of us after we play tomorrow then you have bragging rights.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Jesus Christ Timmah, anyone would think it was you that ran out and defeated an unprepared team that shouldn't have been made to play.

Just imagine how excited you're going to be when you lose your virginity.

thommo4pm

Coach
Don't be so sure, we have a good record at Suncorp, we won there last year

You guys have a decent side, I'll admit that.
I just personally think Brisbane would beat you if they had a decent preparation.

In my opinion, and it's obviously going to be different to you and the other Dogs fans....I don't think the Dogs will match it with the likes of Brisbane, Melbourne, Saints and possibly Newcastle when it comes time for the finals.

If anything I think you'll be quite mentally fatigued by then.
You've got 3 months until the finals now, and you don't have any byes left. Sides will come gunning for you for the rest of the season as you are currently on top of the table.
There is going to be some very tough football week in week out for you blokes.
One or two injuries to players like Ennis, Patten and Hannant and you guys are in trouble.
3 months is a long time to try and be "up" before the Finals begin.

Timmah

Staff member
Decent preparation my ass. These guys are top-level athletes who've been training together all season. Would it kill you to admit we were the better team? I love how we execute a commanding victory over a top eight team and we're not good enough, yet Newcastle lose to the Warriors and they're "possibly up there".

Spend some time worrying about the Dragons' ability to stay "up there" for the next 3 months, we'll be fine.

jimmythehand

Juniors
You guys have a decent side, I'll admit that.
I just personally think Brisbane would beat you if they had a decent preparation.

In my opinion, and it's obviously going to be different to you and the other Dogs fans....I don't think the Dogs will match it with the likes of Brisbane, Melbourne, Saints and possibly Newcastle when it comes time for the finals.

If anything I think you'll be quite mentally fatigued by then.
You've got 3 months until the finals now, and you don't have any byes left. Sides will come gunning for you for the rest of the season as you are currently on top of the table.
There is going to be some very tough football week in week out for you blokes.
One or two injuries to players like Ennis, Patten and Hannant and you guys are in trouble.
3 months is a long time to try and be "up" before the Finals begin.

That's a pretty ordinary opinion if you ask me. We look to be enjoying our footy like no other team is. We're throwing it around in our 20, scoring tries at will and our defence is going okay without having an intenseness about it. It's teams like the Dragons that play an intense game of footy all the time that are going to struggle to be "up" for it for an extended period of time. They are under pressure to be following Bennet's game plan to the letter while we've got guys like Eastwood stepping off both feet pretending he's a centre and running amok.

Any team that has one or two key injuries are going to be in trouble. Why are we going to feel it worse than any other team? Completely rubbish point.

Completely rubbish post actually. You're entitled to your opinion but good luck getting it right.

0neye

LORD MOFFEYE SAID, LET THE PIG FLY:lol::lol:;-)
flying-pig.jpg

drake

First Grade

Easy to say before we play... we handled the 2 days pretty well.

How does second feel Timmah? Still cutting yourself over Jamie Soward?
ladder2.jpg

thommo4pm

Coach
That's a pretty ordinary opinion if you ask me. We look to be enjoying our footy like no other team is. We're throwing it around in our 20, scoring tries at will and our defence is going okay without having an intenseness about it. It's teams like the Dragons that play an intense game of footy all the time that are going to struggle to be "up" for it for an extended period of time. They are under pressure to be following Bennet's game plan to the letter while we've got guys like Eastwood stepping off both feet pretending he's a centre and running amok.

Any team that has one or two key injuries are going to be in trouble. Why are we going to feel it worse than any other team? Completely rubbish point.

Completely rubbish post actually. You're entitled to your opinion but good luck getting it right.

Fair enough if you think it's rubbish, you're opinion.

I think you'd struggle with 1 or 2 injuries cause I don't think you have the same level of depth as other clubs.
Time will tell, and hopefully for your club you don't get any injuries.

We've had our best forward out for the past 6 weeks in Jeremy Smith, would you guys cope as well without your best forward in Ben Hannant for 6 weeks.
We've also had Matt Prior out for 3 weeks now, how would you guys go without Hannant and Ryan?
How would you go without Patten? He is invaluable to your team.

I never said your team wasn't enjoying their footy, just stating it's hard to be mentally fresh and up for these games for such a long time.
As I said above, time will tell.

Timmah

Staff member
Three weeks :lol:

Brilliant, four or five players out for Origin and it's "three weeks" :lol:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Three weeks :lol:

Brilliant, four or five players out for Origin and it's "three weeks" :lol:

Yep, you take the bye, add Origin, and then the quarantine week and guess what? You have a team that hasn't trained together as a full squad for how many weeks?

Brilliant is not a word you should be using.

Timmah

Staff member
As a full squad :lol: You make it sound like they haven't trained at all.

Any excuse will do ;-)

ouwet

Bench
Fair enough if you think it's rubbish, you're opinion.

I think you'd struggle with 1 or 2 injuries cause I don't think you have the same level of depth as other clubs.
Time will tell, and hopefully for your club you don't get any injuries.

We've had our best forward out for the past 6 weeks in Jeremy Smith, would you guys cope as well without your best forward in Ben Hannant for 6 weeks.
We've also had Matt Prior out for 3 weeks now, how would you guys go without Hannant and Ryan?
How would you go without Patten? He is invaluable to your team.

I never said your team wasn't enjoying their footy, just stating it's hard to be mentally fresh and up for these games for such a long time.
As I said above, time will tell.

Obviously any team who losses players are going to stuggle, especially key players. Matt Prior is hardly as important to the Dragons as Ryan for the Doggies.

We've got John Kite, Jarrod, Hickey, Holdsworth (Been playing on the bench lately), Millard, Utai, Tee Mari (Injured but due back soon), Winitana, Barba, Crisp etc all as back up. Worry about the Dragons and not the Doggies!