What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R14 Sat :: Panthers 6 Sea Eagles 20 @ CUA

Round 14 :: Panthers v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
Shocking game by us. We're nothing without Lewis and Jennings. Bulldogs 13+ would have to be a certainty next week. Only some good try savers have kept us from copping a big hiding. The season was looking good but injuries are threatening to make it another season of mediocrity. Its like the late 90's all over again. Manly will surely make the 8 on this form and someone has to make way for them. Its looking likely that it will be us. Hurry back Lewis, Jennings, Gordon etc we DO NOT have the depth to cover for them.

As I type another error. Just not good enough. I'm not convinced that Elliot deserves his new 3 year contract.

Last edited:

bboy_insane

Juniors
This is what I can summarise from what I've heard. Scrappy game, both team could win it but Eagles made more opportunities and Panthers couldnt finish.

Correct?

pantherz9103

First Grade
We were pathetic tbh. That's what happen when your attack has no structure and you constantly have little guys getting bashed by bigger blokes. Too many little blokes and we were monstered. Very disappointing but I'll keep telling myself it was because we were missing several of our best players. But still I expected better than that crap.

thommo4pm

Coach
We were pathetic tbh. That's what happen when your attack has no structure and you constantly have little guys getting bashed by bigger blokes. Too many little blokes and we were monstered. Very disappointing but I'll keep telling myself it was because we were missing several of our best players. But still I expected better than that crap.

Sorry mate, don't think you can use the injury excuse for tonights match.
Manly had just as many quality players out as Penrith did.

Scrappy match, lacking any real intensity.
Jury still out on Manly I feel, Penrith I don't think can make the 8, and may find themselves out of the 8 next week.
Can't see them matching the Dogs, especially without Petero, Jennings and Lewis.
Newcastle have the bye, so they go to 18 next week.
Manly play Canberra and you'd have to think they are a good chance in that one, so they'll move ahead of Penrith.

I think Penrith will be compeitive and nuisance value for the rest of the year, but personally I don't think they can make the 8.

clipser

Juniors
manly and the panthers played pretty scrappy tonight.. both teams had plenty of chances to score but the football seemed like it was crawling with spiders.

Was anyone else cringing at Orfords 5th tackle kicking? jesus it was horrible... no height, no direction... not even kicking towards any chasers...

cupid

Juniors
What are we going to do with all these backs? We still have B.Stewart and Jamie Lyon gone, and even without these two guys we still win, I don't think I could of said the same if it was last year.

abpanther

Staff member
COngrats to Manly, you were the least sh*t side of the two, terrible game.

We have very little depth so we need this side to be healthy to compete, to lose Lewis, Jennings and Gordon, then to lose Daniella and Elford (temporarily) before the game left us up against it, good effort in the first half (should've led with all that ball) but way too many errors in the second half. Still plenty of passion out there on the defensive side, but we lack strikepower with Jennings out.

Will be tough to rebound against the Bulldogs next week, I still think we can make the 8, Elliot needs to decide between Coote and Sammut, can't have both out there.

murraymob

Coach
i would like to congratulate the man of the match Matt elliott for coaching a team of talented footballers and making that talent disapear.
The game was up there with the worst i have ever seen from a Penrith team
3 play the ball errors not acceptable
selection of some players question able .Manly deserved to win tonight they where the best of 2 terrible teams
Blair the human doughnut how does he get selected
grant ,paulo are struggling and need more time at windsor

abpanther

Staff member
i would like to congratulate the man of the match Matt elliott for coaching a team of talented footballers and making that talent disapear.
The game was up there with the worst i have ever seen from a Penrith team
3 play the ball errors not acceptable
selection of some players question able .Manly deserved to win tonight they where the best of 2 terrible teams
Blair the human doughnut how does he get selected
grant ,paulo are struggling and need more time at windsor

I don't see how the coach can be blamed for pathetic play the balls, sure Blair played like crap, but who else does he have to play at his disposal? The reality is the Panther junior base is struggling at the moment, not many players pushing for FG, Toyota Cup team got smashed again. I agree Grant and Paulo were both sh*thouse.

murraymob

Coach
abs compare the 2 teams and the structure they play .This is a direct result of the way they are coached.
Manly shift the ball wide forwards running with depth
penrith flat in attack with a least one to two balls from walsh just inside passes well before the line.Penrith would use a backline 2 times a game.While mistakes are made by players the way they play and direction they play is a result of the coaching

abpanther

Staff member
I don't think Manly had much structure either, apart from Watmough's try they weren't any more direct through their forwards than we were. Our attack relies on Walsh much like theirs relies on Orford.

The reality is with the injuries in our backline there is little speed out there, why would we try to promote it out wide if our backs are below average, better to play up the middle through our forwards, problem was we made way too many errors.

bigfoot

Juniors
Even though I didn't see the whole game, we were rubbish. Terrible handling/shocking completion rate, and didn't take advantage of opportunities.

Congrats Manly, deserved win.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if they end up taking our place in the Top 8 later on in the year.
To be perfectly honest we have absolutely no depth to cover for the loss of players, and our performance looked like the Panthers of 2007 and 2008. :x

Latest posts