What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R15 Fri :: Bulldogs 19 Panthers 12 @ ANZ

Round 15 :: Bulldogs v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I get the feeling we'll be missing Josh Morris too, but Daryl Millard is a worthy replacement for him anyway.

mxlegend99

Referee
Things just keep getting better for the Panthers:

Coote's Season Over

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lachlan Coote will miss the rest of the season due to the shoulder injury he picked up in the game last Saturday night. It is the same shoulder he injured towards the end of last year and it requires surgery in the next week or two.

His injury adds to a long list of injury concerns for the Panthers with Luke Lewis, Michael Gordon, Adam Woolonough and Geoff Daniela all missing time due to injury. Michale Jennings is expected to overcome his injury to take his place in the second Origin game being played in Sydney next week.
That means from a full strength side, we're missing:

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon
3. Michael Jennings
4./5. Geoff Daniela
10. Petero Civoniceva
13. Luke Lewis

Adam Woolnough would also be pushing for a first grade spot at full strength, and with Petero Civoniceva playing for QLD would be almost certainly in the side somewhere.

Depending on Geoff Daniela, we're down between 6 and 7 players against a side who is near full strength and sitting at the top of the ladder. I'm not sure i want to watch this game. :lol:

mxlegend99

Referee
Panthers are down 7 players for this match. Bulldogs by atleast 50+

Round 15 Teams Announced

Tuesday, June 16, 2009
The team is:
1.Jarrod Sammut 2.Brad Tighe 3.Gavin Cooper 4.Maurice Blair 5.Shane Elford 6.Wade Graham 7.Luke Walsh 8.Frank Puletua 9.Paul Aiton 10.Tim Grant 11.Trent Waterhouse (C) 12.Frank Pritchard 13.Nathan Smith

Interchange: 14. Matthew Bell 15.Joseph Paulo 16.Masada Iosefa 17.Andrew Emelio 18. Junior Tia-Kilifi

That centre/wing combination is beyond pathetic. Shane Elford is a class above in ever aspect of his game... and he's well past his best IMO.

bigfoot

Juniors
Panthers team:
1.Jarrod Sammut 2.Brad Tighe 3.Gavin Cooper 4.Maurice Blair 5.Shane Elford 6.Wade Graham 7.Luke Walsh 8.Frank Puletua 9.Paul Aiton 10.Tim Grant 11.Trent Waterhouse (C) 12.Frank Pritchard 13.Nathan Smith
Interchange: 14. Matthew Bell 15.Joseph Paulo 16.Masada Iosefa 17.Andrew Emelio 18. Junior Tia-Kilifi

Source: http://penrith.panthers.com.au/Forum/Topic123595-34-1.aspx

That team is terrible. f**k me. :crazy:

I think we would get done by most NSW cup teams.
Hopefully Tia Kilifi gets a run before Tighe, Cooper or Blair in the backline. Even then, it would surprise me if we lost by less than 30. :(

mxlegend99

Referee
With any luck our halves won't pass the ball to our backs. :lol:

We usually complain about our backs never getting the ball, this week we're going to be praying it doesn't happen. If we don't pass it to them, the Doggies might not realise they're there and forget to target the absolutely useless defenders in Tighe, Blair and Cooper. :sarcasm:

Caged Panther

First Grade
Elford has been a much better buy for us then I expected but you still know you're in trouble when his the best player in the 3/4 line. Can anyone say Train Wreck.

mxlegend99

Referee
Agreed. Been very happy with how Shane Elford has gone for us. I thought he would be a slower, more injury prone version of Luke Rooney. Instead he has been a quicker more reliable Luke Rooney.

That intercept try he scored a few weeks back was something that Luke Rooney could only dream of doing. They would have caught him well before halfway IMO. Assuming he was even quick enough to intercept the ball.

choc_soldier

Coach
Panthers backline = face palm.

facepalm.jpg

Supercoach Elliott strikes again!

murraymob

Coach
we cab still win.Dont write the panthers off.If walsh runs the ball we will be in it

on the positive side greg waddell makes his return to football on the bench for u20.its a long road back but he is a future champion of our club

choc_soldier

Coach
That is good news about Waddell... maybe, just maybe if he displays solid form and stays injury free, we may see him in first grade towards the end of the season.

Or am I just being a tad unrealistic?

murraymob

Coach
choc i would doubt he will hit first grade this year.Knee injuries are a long road back .He has to first get the u20 spot then work up from there.But its good news in a bleak weekfor us panthers

thommo4pm

Coach
This could get ugly for Penrith.
If Ennis and Morris are in the Origin team it will be closer.

Penrith will fall out of the 8 this weekend, and I think they will struggle to get back into the 8 after this weekend.

Timmah

Staff member
I think Ennis and Morris are NSW-bound. That would see Daryl Millard and Mick Sullivan come in as far as I can tell.

thommo4pm

Coach
when was the last tiem Dogs used ANZ Stadium? sure feels like a long time :?

Round 8 against the Tigers.
They've had 2 byes since then, and also played a home game at Gosford.

Round 9 = bye
Round 10 away to the Dragons
Round 11 = Home match in Gosford
Round 12 away to Newcastle
Round 13 = bye
Round 14 away to Brisbane

Timmah

Staff member
Bullsh*t we don't host Newcastle and Saints this year... two marquee games as evidenced by near-sellout crowds for both games, both would get 20k+ at ANZ. Who schedules the draw and tries using the "more derbies" claim when matches like those only happen once in a season?

ouwet

Bench
This could get ugly for Penrith.
If Ennis and Morris are in the Origin team it will be closer.

Penrith will fall out of the 8 this weekend, and I think they will struggle to get back into the 8 after this weekend.

Ennis and Morris will run out tomorrow for the Doggies.

However Penrith are out bogey side... No matter what team they put out on the field, they'll fire up big time.

jimmythehand

Juniors
yeah how many times have they beaten us against all odds over the last few years? Some of my favourite games have been against the Panthers, they're usually high scoring affairs and often very close. Definitely not taking a win for granted in this game.

Latest posts