What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sun :: Dragons 48 Sea Eagles 18 @ WIN W'gong

Round 18 :: Dragons v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cletus

First Grade
Ok to set this straight.
The key positions on a footy team according to most "experts"....1,6,7,9.

Manly :
1 - Missing Stewart, had Robertson who has been fullback just about all year for them.
6 - Bailey, has been 5/8 all year
7 - Orford, has been half for them all year.
9- Ballin, has been hooker for them all year.

Saints :
1 - Missing Boyd, Morris played fullback, has been on the wing for just about every match this year.
6 - Soward, has been there all year
7 - Hornby, has been there all year
9- Fien, first game at the club

Tell me who was better off in those key positions.

Fact - Saints had 7 top line forwards out.
Fact - Manly had 4 (including Lestrange who is suspended)
Fact - Manly had 3 backs out (Stewart, Lyon, Williams)
Fact - Saints had 1 main back out, Boyd.
Fact - Saints had 1 forward on the bench (named bench) who has played 2 1st grade games....the rest were backs.

Fact - Bulldogs travelled overseas minus a lot of players (equivalent to Manly) and beat the Warriors after playing on Monday night.

I know you aren't a Manly fan (I don't think you are anyway), but you clearly have an issue with Saints...and it's you who can't seem to admit that.
Say what you like about the Dragons fans, we are biased, but we are also harsh on our team when need be.
You just don't like Saints for whatever reason and you let your hate get in the way of true and realistic judging of them.

So with so many players missing why do you think the game means anything? Lyon and Stewart are as important to Manly as Soward is to St George, if Soward and a host of other players where out would you think todays sort of match would mean anything?

ironhorse

Juniors
I know you aren't a Manly fan (I don't think you are anyway), but you clearly have an issue with Saints...and it's you who can't seem to admit that.
Say what you like about the Dragons fans, we are biased, but we are also harsh on our team when need be.
You just don't like Saints for whatever reason and you let your hate get in the way of true and realistic judging of them.

nah dont have any problem at all with the saints at all infact, just feel the need to try and balance the ledger in here abit sometimes . LU is swamped with red and whites if we joined in the chorus where would this forum be ? Plus all the Saints fans seem to fire up over every little comment :D Manly were very unlikely to win todays match despite what many here allude to ,look at our own poll 75% , my own footy tipping comp at work is similar ...dragons on paper were near full strength out there ...Look at the way Manly fell away at the last 30 mins consistant with playing a tough game 6 days ago ... both teams full strength its was a totally different ballgame imo .... but if dragons fans are convinced otherwise that you were similarly disadvantaged and had no bearing on the game good luck to you !

Firey_Dragon

Coach
nah dont have any problem at all with the saints at all infact, just feel the need to try and balance the ledger in here abit sometimes . LU is swamped with red and whites if we joined in the chorus where would this forum be ? Plus all the Saints fans seem to fire up over every little comment :D Manly were very unlikely to win todays match despite what many here allude to ,look at our own poll 75% , my own footy tipping comp at work is similar ...dragons on paper were near full strength out there ...Look at the way Manly fell away at the last 30 mins consistant with playing a tough game 6 days ago ... both teams full strength its was a totally different ballgame imo .... but if dragons fans are convinced otherwise that you were similarly disadvantaged and had no bearing on the game good luck to you !
What paper is this written on?

We were missing 8 players from our regular starting 17.

thommo4pm

Coach
So with so many players missing why do you think the game means anything? Lyon and Stewart are as important to Manly as Soward is to St George, if Soward and a host of other players where out would you think todays sort of match would mean anything?

Are you telling me the 2 points were not important?
That's why the game / match means something.
It keeps us 2 points clear at the top, with the bye next weekend.
You guys would have been well entrenched in the 8 with the 2 points, however now you are outside the 8.

"If Soward and a host of other players were out for Saints" ...far out, how many more blokes did you want us to have on the sideline? :roll:

You don't think that, Poore(NSW), Weyman(NSW), Creagh(NSW), Smith(NZ), Prior, Costigan(QLD), Paea are important aspects of the Dragons side and their go-forward, along with another Australian rep at the back (Boyd)for us who wasn't playing today.

We could barely scrape together a forward pack for today's match, and Bennett stated that himself on the ABC this afternoon.

Garts

Bench
Today's games showed who the contenders were IMO - the chips were down and the Saints had the stock to get through and put the points on the board. Soward is cruising toward the Dally M imo.

Manly crumble when they're missing a couple of blokes and the frustration showed as well. Fantastic afternoon in Wollongong.

What did the other game show? Do not forget who won on Monday ;-)

Jasdragon

Juniors
we were never going to win backing up Monday Night, Playing at Win and 6 starting players out, though I am dissapointed by the score.

No need to go into panic mode yet, If we do lose next week however maybe we should start worrying.

The Dogs won in a worse state than Manly was in.

Last edited:

Jasdragon

Juniors
bit harsh i think ... if the dragons didnt win that by a cricket score there was something wrong . The dragons were at near full strength there ,only missing Poore and creagh i think Manly were missing most of their run on side , at win stadium backing up from a short turnaround and tough game monday against the dogs .

:crazy::lol: full strength you have no idea!

Cletus

First Grade
Are you telling me the 2 points were not important?
That's why the game / match means something.
It keeps us 2 points clear at the top, with the bye next weekend.
You guys would have been well entrenched in the 8 with the 2 points, however now you are outside the 8.

"If Soward and a host of other players were out for Saints" ...far out, how many more blokes did you want us to have on the sideline? :roll:

You don't think that, Poore(NSW), Weyman(NSW), Creagh(NSW), Smith(NZ), Prior, Costigan(QLD), Paea are important aspects of the Dragons side and their go-forward, along with another Australian rep at the back (Boyd)for us who wasn't playing today.

We could barely scrape together a forward pack for today's match, and Bennett stated that himself on the ABC this afternoon.

What I'm saying is this game doesn't mean a lot when comparing the teams at full strength. St George have the depth to cover for missing players, Manly just don't. Just as an example, Brett Stewart has scored more tries in 2 games than Robertson has all season. Replacing Boyd with Morris or Nightingale is much of a muchness.

Disco

Bench
Its interesting how fans of the Saints and The Bulldogs constantly feel the need to point out that there leading the comp

caspersparks

Juniors
My god... get a grip.

Saints were missing 8 or 9 players today themselves you goose - they've got plenty of players willing to step up, whereas your side has about as much depth as a wading pool. They are the form team of the comp, with reason, and are MUCH better than Manly.

goose?? yes i am aware saints were missing players.. like i said come the finals, "both" (understand?) teams will be different, im talking full strength vs full strength.. i stand by my opinion..

thommo4pm

Coach
Its interesting how fans of the Saints and The Bulldogs constantly feel the need to point out that there leading the comp

Are the fans of our respective clubs not allowed to be happy with how our teams are going at this stage of the year? :roll:

Far out mate, we are allowed to enjoy the footy season as it progresses.

Jasdragon

Juniors

Mate what f**king drugs are you on???????? 8 players out is no where near full strength you fool.

Last edited:

Jasdragon

Juniors

Like Manly fans didn't point it out when they were on top last year.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What did the other game show? Do not forget who won on Monday ;-)
I'm afraid the Grand Final ain't played in mid-July.
goose?? yes i am aware saints were missing players.. like i said come the finals, "both" (understand?) teams will be different, im talking full strength vs full strength.. i stand by my opinion..
:lol: Manly aren't the same team as last season. Menzies and Bell are bigger losses than you first anticipated IMO... and Orford's kicking will lose you games no matter how strong the rest of your team is. He's turned to mush this year.

Latest posts