What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sun :: Dragons 48 Sea Eagles 18 @ WIN W'gong

Round 18 :: Dragons v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garts

Bench
bit harsh i think ... if the dragons didnt win that by a cricket score there was something wrong . The dragons were at near full strength there ,only missing Poore and creagh i think Manly were missing most of their run on side , at win stadium backing up from a short turnaround and tough game monday against the dogs .

Weyman, Smith and a couple more.

The BigFella

Juniors
I don't think it is harsh, I expected them to get beat for all of those reasons. It was the way that they rolled over and conceded 50 odd points. Some of the dragons tried were pretty sad for the eagles players. And the senior player at manly were probably worse thatn the new ones. In my opinio that is just not good enough

bit harsh i think ... if the dragons didnt win that by a cricket score there was something wrong . The dragons were at near full strength there ,only missing Poore and creagh i think Manly were missing most of their run on side , at win stadium backing up from a short turnaround and tough game monday against the dogs .

Ben Creagh, Justin Poore, Michael Weyman, Darius Boyd, Neville Costigan, Jeremy Smith, Matt Prior.............

FFS give us some credit. I don't care who takes the field, they should be good enough, BUT at least be fair and call a spade a spade. "near full strength" LOL, well I guess if the papers say so it must be true.

Gaba

First Grade

Dragons had more players missing then manly did

dragons had, weyman,boyd,costigan,smith,creagh,poore,prior,m paea

who would all be in the top 17

Kiki

First Grade
hahahah full strength, wtf?? as OwnWhen just said we are missing half our bloody team!! we just have what's that called....oh...DEPTH.

wasn't expecting this score. enjoying watching it unfold on TV right now. we are contenders this year no doubt about it.

cupid

Juniors
we were never going to win backing up Monday Night, Playing at Win and 6 starting players out, though I am dissapointed by the score.

No need to go into panic mode yet, If we do lose next week however maybe we should start worrying.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Drags werent fulls strength. Well played, deserved it. But Manly were missing the more important players to their respective teams.

Watmough, Lyon, Stewart and Stewart are the backbone of Manly.

Then there is Perry, Rodney, Williams.

Garts

Bench
Dragons did have heaps out. I think we were more affected with our players out as we rely so heavily on them where as the Dragons do not. That is a credit to Dragons, they do not rely so heavily on a few individual players like we do. And the fact you guys have been consistantly better and playing as more of a team all season you were not as affected by missing so many players.

If both teams were at full strength today I would have still tipped the Dragons, although it would not have been a 30 point flogging.

The BigFella

Juniors
Both sides were missing up to 7 starting players, the eagles were hurt more because 6 of the 7 they were missing are recent internationals, and then they lost Matai during the game to give 8 starting players with 7 of them internationals missing.
Given this fact the dragons had gret depth and handled the issue mutch better than te embarrasing performance Manly delivered.
Great performance Dragons, and as I said earlier not good enough Manly.

Yeah the last few posts are good calls.

We are a very balanced side so we tend to cope well most of the time.

I'm happy to admit Manly were missing guys who are 'crucial' to them, because their balance and depth isn't as good. I guess we get jack of people only noticing one side of the ledger. We've actually rarely had our best 17 on the paddock.

Ah well, it all matters not anyway. Not yet.

The REAL games are in September. That is where you either earn or lose the right to carry on like a good sort. I'm just happy we are where we are.

ironhorse

Juniors
Manly were missing key players ,and the rest of their regulars were backing up from a short turnaround and tough game Monday night ... st george had their important players on the park ,if they didnt comfortably win that game at WIN stadium there was something wrong imo .

Gaba

First Grade
Actually most so called experts were saying the dragons would struggle with the lost of weyman and thier forwards, soward and co wouldnt be able to take control of the games they play in, but as people have already posted it shows the dragons have depth and majority in the comp dont

Last edited:

Kiki

First Grade
exactly Gaba. we are missing most of our starting forwards. we just have amazing depth and that's something i am so thankful for.

i am sick of other teams making excuse when they lose to the Dragons. it's like no one can accept that we are actually a good team this year.

The BigFella

Juniors
the 2 obvious thing from today are :
MANLY HAVE ZERO DEPTH, COUPLE OF INJURIES AND THEY ARE OFFICIALLY GONE!

DRAGONS HAVE A QUALITY TOP 20 ODD AND ARE VERY WELL BALANCED SIDE AND ARE A VERY VERY REAL THREAT, THEY ARE THE BENCHMARK!

Garts

Bench
I can not believe Robbo only has 4 tries this year. Stewart has 5, he only played 2 games.

Whilst you may be correct saying these are excuses we are coming up with no one is really saying the Dragons are a bad side Kiki, far from it. Most of us are saying Manly are more negatively affected losing these players than the Dragons are as we heavily rely on them. It is a positive that the Dragons do not.

ironhorse

Juniors
exactly Gaba. we are missing most of our starting forwards. we just have amazing depth and that's something i am so thankful for.

i am sick of other teams making excuse when they lose to the Dragons. it's like no one can accept that we are actually a good team this year.

I think its the other way around but you are unable to see it ? Seems like alot of the dragons fans around here have a very deep seated inferiority complex :roll: Yeah they are a good side but Manly were at a very clear disadvantage from the outset Today whether you like to admit it or not . It is not an excuse it is a fact .

Broncodr01d

Juniors
St George-Illawarra Dragons, the premiership favourite and deservedly so. They have all the boxes ticked this season. The only hurdle for Bennett is ensuring they don't choke when it matters come finals time. Something they have done since 1979.