What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 R2 :: Sat :: Panthers 26 Bulldogs 28 @ CUA

Round 2 :: Panthers/Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Gates open 5:00pm

pen-main.jpg

PENRITH PANTHERS
1. Lachlan Coote
2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Shane Elford
6. Luke Lewis 7. Jarrod Sammut
8. Tim Grant 9. Paul Aiton 10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Gavin Cooper 13. Nathan Smith​

Interchange: 14. Frank Pritchard 15. Adam Woolnough 16. Frank Puletua 17. Masada Iosefa
Reserves: 18. Matthew Bell 19. Wade Graham​

bul-main.jpg

BULLDOGS
1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri 3. Josh Morris 4. Jamal Idris 5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts 7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant 9. Mick Ennis 10. Michael Hodgson
11. Gary Warburton 12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg​

Interchange: 14. Lee Te Maari 15. Chris Armit 16. John Kite 17. Ben Barba​

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Matt Cecchin
Chris James
Sideline Officials: Peter Kirby & Russell Turner
Video Referee: Steve Clark​

Toyota Cup
Penrith v Bulldogs
CUA Stadium, Saturday 5:15pm​

NSW Cup
Windsor (PEN) v Auckland (NZW)
Windsor Sports Complex, Saturday 5:00pm​

NSW Cup
Newtown (SYD) v Bankstown City (BUL)
Henson Park, Saturday 3:00pm​

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Only reason to tip Penrith would be due to our good record over the Bulldogs in recent years. But based on Round 1 form, the Bulldogs by as many as they like.

Completely contradicting that previous statement - Penrith by 6

Timmah

Staff member
That post hurt my head :lol:

I'm gonna say we'll come crashing to Earth with a big thud.

Penrith by 2 or 4.

Will tip the Bulldogs regardless as they are my team (learned my lesson from last week lol, lucky i changed my tip to bulldogs last minute), assuming the same dogs side from last week is named, Bulldogs 1-12.

Gaba

First Grade
If penrith comes to play then they will go close but if they played like they did last week then LOL

Caged Panther

First Grade
If we name the same side as last week Bulldogs.

If we drop tighe and bring graham in shifting lewis to lock, still the dogs but in a much tighter contest

Timmah

Staff member
We're notoriously sh*t at CUA, R2 2007 a prime example of that. Even with our solid performance in some ways it still felt like we punched above our weight and at the beginning of the second half I noticed the same sluggishness creeping in before we hit back.

I'll pick us in my tipping comp but I'm not holding my breath. We must contain Civo.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well i never feel confident going into a Doggies game because we are always coming off very poor form. To top it off Matt Elliott always names ridiculous teams to face the Dogs (last year Lewis made his debut in the #7 jersey). Yet for some reason we have a very good record against them over the last few years.

In the past 4 games (with ME as coach) we have beaten the Bulldogs 4/4 times, scoring 152 points while the Dogs have scored a total of 50 in those games. Our last encounter was a 52-16 victory after one of the biggest losses in the clubs history.

Although the Dogs are due to pay us back.

royceruled

Juniors
dogs are always hard to play at most times. their big boppas are moving foward and their backs scorching the grass. all i know is it is going to be a good game :)

The Panthers tend to play well against us, however we seem to be a completely different side since our last meeting. Given the fact that both teams have named unchanged line-ups, and i was very impressed with what i saw from us last week, will tip the dogs, but it should be a close one.

Timmah

Staff member
PANTHERS: 1. Lachlan Coote 2. Michael Gordon 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Shane Elford 6. Luke Lewis 7. Jarrod Sammut 8. Tim Grant 9. Paul Aiton 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Gavin Cooper 13. Nathan Smith Interchange: 14. Frank Pritchard 15. Adam Woolnough 16. Frank Puletua; Reserves: 17. Masada Iosefa 18. Matthew Bell 19. Wade Graham
BULLDOGS: 1. Luke Patten 2. Hazem El Masri 3. Josh Morris 4. Jamal Idris 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Ben Roberts 7. Brett Kimmorley 8. Ben Hannant 9. Mick Ennis 10. Michael Hodgson 11. Gary Warburton 12. Andrew Ryan 13. David Stagg
Interchange: 14. Lee Te Maari 15. Chris Armit 16. John Kite 17. Ben Barba

Referees Matt Cecchin & Chris James; Sideline Officials: Peter Kirby & Russell Turner; Video Referee: Steve Clark

Shorty

Staff member
This is a hard one to tip.
I'm going to say the 'Dogs based on their line up - Matt Elliott makes strange team choices.
Penrith have a good record against the 'Dogs but I think this year is different.