What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R20 Sat :: Bulldogs 8 Eels 27 @ ANZ

R20 Bandaged Bear Cup :: Bulldogs v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Massive wake-up call and massive congrats to Parra, on fire last night and really gave brought the game to us. Sucked to lose Stagg in the lead-up but we should've been on our game.

To those suggesting it's "end of the line" and that we've hit the wall, please, do go on thinking that. It's the exact same mentality teams had about Manly after they got their arses kicked by Souffs last year.

nadine

Juniors
I was at the game working as security guard and i heard 15000 free tickets were issued out loool.
That was already announced before the match it was for the Bandage Bear Cup, so traditionally they hand out tickets to hospital staff and patients via the Children's Hospital at Westmead. It's an awesome cause.

Great win by Eels, a few of the top 8 teams would be thanking them this weekend sinice the matches so far have been all over the place.

Last edited:

Bodsy

Juniors
Was at the game. Good game. Enjoyed it as a fan of neither team. I an feel a big game next week. Dogs should start to worry.

Timmah

Staff member
I was at the game working as security guard and i heard 15000 free tickets were issued out loool.

Given that someone paid for them (i.e. the clubs and ANZ Stadium) and the people turned up, why laugh? Jealousy at the fact that you can't even fill Brookvale? :lol:

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
The tickets were given out to the staff at the childrens hospital who do a fantastic job saving the lives of children. Why laugh at that? The clubs should be congratulated.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
If the Doggies play like that again, there certainly won't be a fairytale for Haz and Tadpole this year. The Eels weren't even playing that good.
Good crowd though, 31,664...must be the biggest ANZ has had this year..
Well done to both clubs on giving out tickets to hospital staff at Westmead, its a great initiative, should be done more....

Timmah

Staff member
Eels weren't playing that good? :lol: What game did you watch? They had awesome intensity, fantastic go-forward and brilliant line speed, they spanked us because they played to 100% of their ability.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Eels weren't playing that good? :lol: What game did you watch? They had awesome intensity, fantastic go-forward and brilliant line speed, they spanked us because they played to 100% of their ability.

I didn't watch the game, I heard it on 2GB, the guys on it said the eels were ok but not brilliant, guess you shouldn't believe everything you hear, eh?:crazy:

I'm aware the dragons weren't brilliant. We had butter-fingers syndrome early in the second half and bombed a few scoring opportunities. Our defense was at its usual best though. If we commit those sorts of fundamental errors in attack against Melbourne it could get ugly.

jimmythehand

Juniors
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25833993-5018866,00.html

Parramatta coach Daniel Anderson says his team's 27-8 NRL victory over the Bulldogs on Saturday is easily the best the Eels have played under his leadership.

"That was a wow performance," Anderson said post-match.

"Outstanding and I can only applaud the effort in everything we did. I thought we were tough ... they just had all the field position.

"It's our best performance of the year, easily. They had a full-strength team and they kept asking questions."

Timmah

Staff member
Again, if we had a full-strength team - David Stagg would've been playing.

Timmah

Staff member
Never said anything about the Eels being full strength :?