What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R22 Mon :: Broncos 30 Sharks 10 @ Suncorp

Round 22 :: Broncos v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Broncodr01d

Juniors
I am not sure we have been played in to form - this was one of the lower quality games of the season and apart from glimpses of some good stuff, we played our part in the low quality produced (look at our first 20 minutes as an example).

A win is a win. Ugly or not, it will bring much needed confidence to the team who are running around with no real game plan. Wait - there is a game plan - but no if plan A fails, there is no plan B. We aren't adaptable like we once were. The very good teams in this competition are, we aren't one of them.

I will digest the rest over the week ahead. We have a tough run home, no Bronco fan should be doing cartwheels tonight.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
What a cat ben Teo is trying to take out luke covell like that. covell would of dropped him if he wanted to go.

sharks in late and go down 30-8, will be 30-10 when covell slots this

Reasonably satisfied with that, not doing cartwheels but definitely some positive signs for next week. Actually looked like a team in that second half

Ridiculously we're one point out of 5th now.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Don't know whether they're really back in form or not, but they have a bit of confidence now. Will be interesting to see how they go against us. If we lose, we may as well be gone for 09.

TheFrog

Coach
I'd love to see the Sharks win this one but I'm tipping the Broncos because I have no faith in the Sharks at all. But then again tipping the Broncos and seeing them lose seems to work so I'll do it again :D

This was a perfect result. Broncos think their problems are solved but in fact they played a side who looked every inch wooden spooners, and still they took an eternity to get going. Next week they will suffer another nasty, season-ending defeat.

Couldn't help but feel sorry for the Sharks tonight. They just had nothing to offer in attack, but tried so very hard.

Broncos will notice the rise in standard of their opposition from this point on.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
At least the Broncos stood up in defence tonight. Given how low the confidence is its hard to put on a great attacking show. Was also good to finally get a decent game out of Teo.

Sorry to Cronulla supporters, but the Sharks were a bit woeful :(

skeepe

Immortal
That was one of the worst games I've seen in a while, and the absolute cherry on top was the absolutely disgusting refereeing. Absolute bollocks that was.

Yet more proof that Robert Finch is ruining this great game of ours and must either resign or be sacked with immediate effect. He is solely responsible for the utter shambles that is the NRL refereeing ranks.

Can't believe Ben Te'o wasn't sent off for deliberately trying to tear Luke Covell's ligaments... hopefully the match review committee have him up on a contrary conduct charge and rub him out for a long time... there's playing it hard, then there's deliberately trying to injure someone through foul play.

Speaking of which, I have absolutely no love for Gallen however if there's one player I'd love to see him be given free reign to act out his grubby instincts it's Justin Hodges... easily the worst attitude in the NRL.

BWNB

First Grade
Teo is filthy, i cant believe i agree with Skeepe but i do.
How are the Broncos fans going to defend him?

Vossy

Bench
Uhhh... there was nothing in it?

sh*t that was easier than I thought.

take the blind fold off..if that was gallen, people would be calling for his head..

grub, taking covells leg, pulling it back to his backside and twisting his foot..