What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 R3 :: Sat :: Eels 18 Raiders 16 @ Parramatta

Round 3 :: Eels v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spike

First Grade
Ill get pinged by spike and his whine police for this but those referees where bloody disgraceful tonight.

Yet you abuse me when I call it a week before the game. Hate me all you want, but you can't deny that I was right.

In relation to the game, a 50 point thrashing could have been the only better result.

Timbo

Staff member
Guys, I'm as one eyed as they come but, we lost tonight because we put in a totally spineless final half hour.

The refs were appaling but we are totally to blame for our loss.

Yet you abuse me when I call it a week before the game. Hate me all you want, but you can't deny that I was right.

In relation to the game, a 50 point thrashing could have been the only better result.

I abused you because you continually tell us we "all" do it after every game, im yet to see your evidence of this.

As for the referees tonight? Im quite within my f**king right to question them after that bullsh*t, but hey, im a raiders fan so apparently its all I do, go f**k yourself spike you merkin.

bigfoot

Juniors
I've certainly noticed it. I've made a fortune backing Parra particularly when they play at home. They always get looked after by the officials.

They get "looked after" by the officials no matter where they play. More than looked after, they get the game given to them so obviously you would think the refs actually WANT everyone to know they are doing it. :lol:
I can barely remember a 50/50 decision that has gone against them in years.
f**king joke. This coming from a completely unbiased opinion.

Timbo: The raiders were better tonight in absolutely EVERY single way. Honestly. And I'm not one eyed.

shear_joy9

Coach
Guys, I'm as one eyed as they come but, we lost tonight because we put in a totally spineless final half hour.

exactly.

also, any person that believes kelly is good enough to start in an nrl game should not be coaching.

Their tries should'nt have been scored, and 6 months ago, wouldnt have been scored, our defence is bloody woeful this year.

_goParra

Juniors
Two dissallowed tries, 1 was a try , 1 was a 50/50. Both turned into 12 point turn arounds.

As well as that there was the no advantage on the Campese penalty which was another try.

u r f**king blind, the first was a clear obstruction and second one was clearly short. I agree the ref was terrible but those decisions were fair.

thommo4pm

Coach
They get "looked after" by the officials no matter where they play. More than looked after, they get the game given to them so obviously you would think the refs actually WANT everyone to know they are doing it. :lol:
I can barely remember a 50/50 decision that has gone against them in years.
f**king joke. This coming from a completely unbiased opinion.

Timbo: The raiders were better tonight in absolutely EVERY single way. Honestly. And I'm not one eyed.

Spot on.

The worst call of the night had to be the Inu advantage in the first half. Fair dinkum, he had run almost 10 metres and then lost the ball from the force of the tackle.
Luke Burt knocked on from the kick in front of his own sticks....all these things add up.
Carney should have been given benefit of the doubt at worst and that would have been 20-4 possibly 22-4...game over.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
u r f**king blind, the first was a clear obstruction and second one was clearly short. I agree the ref was terrible but those decisions were fair.

The first one was a try. The scrum just split and all players were holding each other, the slow motion replay made it look alot worse than it was. 99% of the parra players had no idea someone had gone up the middle till well after he was past them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We were crap tonight, Raiders were the better side, very lucky win. But we are carrying the worst halfback in the comp.

thommo4pm

Coach
The first one was a try. The scrum just split and all players were holding each other, the slow motion replay made it look alot worse than it was. 99% of the parra players had no idea someone had gone up the middle till well after he was past them.

Can't disagree with that.
Despite what Flannagan did, the Parra players were never ever going to get near Carney from the scrum.

bileduct

Coach
Spot on.

The worst call of the night had to be the Inu advantage in the first half. Fair dinkum, he had run almost 10 metres and then lost the ball from the force of the tackle.
Luke Burt knocked on from the kick in front of his own sticks....all these things add up.
Carney should have been given benefit of the doubt at worst and that would have been 20-4 possibly 22-4...game over.
For mine the worst call was the Milne sinbin immediately followed by the Harrison "held" call which led to a Parra try.

First of all there was no way that Harrison had been held, and seconly, the excuse offered by the ref that a player was immediately held with a leg in the air was TOTAL HORSEsh*t - Harrison's feet were planted firmly on the ground.

thommo4pm

Coach
For mine the worst call was the Milne sinbin immediately followed by the Harrison "held" call which led to a Parra try.

First of all there was no way that Harrison had been held, and seconly, the excuse offered by the ref that a player was immediately held with a leg in the air was TOTAL HORSEsh*t - Harrison's feet were planted firmly on the ground.

I had forgotten about the Harrison one, that was very ordinary also, you are right.

_goParra

Juniors

you are hilarious... raiders hooker was driving parra players sideways... they were litereally pushing the eels aside to create room for carney... if that is not obstruction...

But it was a good move... if they had been a bit more subtle about it they might pull if off.

We were bad , parra were worse and the refs worse again.

The Milne sin binning was a total disgrace should never of happened , this made our team defend with a man down and Parra had 90% of the ball in that time. this would of had an effect later in the game.

Im not gonna start on the other crap ref calls.

Latest posts