What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 R3 :: Sat :: Eels 18 Raiders 16 @ Parramatta

Round 3 :: Eels v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Y2Eel

First Grade
The first one was a try. The scrum just split and all players were holding each other, the slow motion replay made it look alot worse than it was. 99% of the parra players had no idea someone had gone up the middle till well after he was past them.

Yeah cos the Canberra players didnt part the scrum down the middle at all :lol:

It worked in the 80's only because the video ref wasnt around...

Y2Eel

First Grade
They get "looked after" by the officials no matter where they play. More than looked after, they get the game given to them so obviously you would think the refs actually WANT everyone to know they are doing it. :lol:
I can barely remember a 50/50 decision that has gone against them in years.
f**king joke. This coming from a completely unbiased opinion.

Timbo: The raiders were better tonight in absolutely EVERY single way. Honestly. And I'm not one eyed.

HAHAHA f**k off

bigfoot

Juniors
HAHAHA f**k off
:roll: Yeah because I'm a Raiders supporter and you're NOT an Eels supporter, eh? What reason do I have to be one eyed, biased or lie?
I kind of wish I was an Eels supporter but also feel sorry for you at the same time.
You don't get terrible refereeing decisions all the time which is good, HOWEVER, unless you are totally blind you must know deep down your team doesn't deserve some of its wins including today's, and so I don't see how you could enjoy it as much.

skeepe

Immortal
I am f**kING ROPABLE. Steve Lyons you are a deadset merkin. What the f**k was that kind of performance by an alleged "top grade referee." I have never seen such a disgracefully biased performance by a referee in all my f**king life.

1. Inu runs 10 metres, loses the ball. "No advantage." 10 metres is a f**king HUGE ADVANTAGE YOU DICK!

2. The Milne sin-binning. f**k me have you ever seen a worse call in all your life? Ever ever ever? Luke Burt DIVES FORWARD WITHOUT A f**kING HAND ON HIM! And we manage to hold out the subsequent penalty, only for...

3. Bronson Harrison called held as soon as the Parra players touched him. f**k OFF YOU merkin LYONS. THERE IS NO WAY IT WAS HELD!

4. Parra then score a try off the back of these 2 disgraceful decisions. Without these two f**king awful decisions, you can take 4 points off their score and already we have a Raiders win.

5. The Carney no-try in the first half... absolutely no way in the world the Parra morons were going to get to him. That said, I'm happy with this ruling if it's consistent throughout the rest of the year. Flanagan should have moved away as soon as the scrum was finished.

6. Luke Burt clearly knocks on from a kick. Called backwards, denying us an attacking opportunity. On it's on, you can understand it as one bad call, but when they all add up together like this...

7. The only penalty we got in the second half was one that actually disadvantaged us. For a start, it was never a penalty. Secondly, it was play on anyway because the Raiders picked up the ball and were in for all money. Thirdly, it appears that a quick tap is no longer permitted from a penalty. Why did we have to wait for the entire Parramatta defensive line to be set before we were allowed to take it? A f**king joke.

8. Justin Carney's no-try in the second half - he definately grounded it, at worst it was benefit of the doubt. This call changed the game. A Carney try, and Canberra go on to win. From the next set, Hayne intercepts. That's 6 more points you can take off Parramatta's score.

9. The constant lying in the ruck, grapples, and above all FLOPS from Parramatta that went unpenalised... and then two bullsh*t penalties go Parramatta's way for, in all honesty, far far far less than they got away with all game. They scored another try off one of these, so another 4 points should disappear from Parra's score, if the game is refereed fairly.

It is completely undeniable by anyone that the Raiders were the better team. The refereeing was atrocious, and single-handedly accounted for 14 of Parramatta's 18 points, as well as costing the Raiders at least 4, if not 6. If refereed fairly, the final score would have been Canberra 20, Parramatta 4. And I don't think anybody who viewed the game objectively would come up with a different argument.

Seconded...

To think we could have gotten Bennett but the powers that be decided that Furner was the best option?

Nothing against Furnace but...geez...No Henry is showing.

It would have been bennett or stuart, 5 games including trials this year and we are yet to have a victory.

Y2Eel

First Grade
:roll: Yeah because I'm a Raiders supporter and you're NOT an Eels supporter, eh? What reason do I have to be one eyed, biased or lie?
I kind of wish I was an Eels supporter but also feel sorry for you at the same time.
You don't get terrible refereeing decisions all the time which is good, HOWEVER, unless you are totally blind you must know deep down your team doesn't deserve some of its wins including today's, and so I don't see how you could enjoy it as much.

Oh I ment f**k of as you said you wernt biased you may hate the eels.....

Who gets terrible refereeing decisions all the time? :lol:

Don't be too hard on the Raiders, Cows are 1/3..

There isnt that much difference in personel, and yet we are looking a vastly different team under furner, our attack has been shambles since that first half against the tigers. The back end of last season our attack didnt only go for one half.

Kiki

First Grade
i literally cannot believe parra won that games.

the milne sinbinning was a deadset joke.

bjm8

Juniors
It is completely undeniable by anyone that the Raiders were the better team. The refereeing was atrocious, and single-handedly accounted for 14 of Parramatta's 18 points, as well as costing the Raiders at least 4, if not 6. If refereed fairly, the final score would have been Canberra 20, Parramatta 4. And I don't think anybody who viewed the game objectively would come up with a different argument.

As a non-biased viewer (hate ya's both) i agree wholeheartedly. I went and watched a Qld Cup game yesterday that was dominated by similar, seemingly biased poor decisions by the ref and left saying "if i wanted to see a footy game dominated by a bullsh!t ref i'd watch the nrl." This game was it obviously.

thommo4pm

Coach
I am f**kING ROPABLE. Steve Lyons you are a deadset merkin. What the f**k was that kind of performance by an alleged "top grade referee." I have never seen such a disgracefully biased performance by a referee in all my f**king life.

1. Inu runs 10 metres, loses the ball. "No advantage." 10 metres is a f**king HUGE ADVANTAGE YOU DICK!

2. The Milne sin-binning. f**k me have you ever seen a worse call in all your life? Ever ever ever? Luke Burt DIVES FORWARD WITHOUT A f**kING HAND ON HIM! And we manage to hold out the subsequent penalty, only for...

3. Bronson Harrison called held as soon as the Parra players touched him. f**k OFF YOU merkin LYONS. THERE IS NO WAY IT WAS HELD!

4. Parra then score a try off the back of these 2 disgraceful decisions. Without these two f**king awful decisions, you can take 4 points off their score and already we have a Raiders win.

5. The Carney no-try in the first half... absolutely no way in the world the Parra morons were going to get to him. That said, I'm happy with this ruling if it's consistent throughout the rest of the year. Flanagan should have moved away as soon as the scrum was finished.

6. Luke Burt clearly knocks on from a kick. Called backwards, denying us an attacking opportunity. On it's on, you can understand it as one bad call, but when they all add up together like this...

7. The only penalty we got in the second half was one that actually disadvantaged us. For a start, it was never a penalty. Secondly, it was play on anyway because the Raiders picked up the ball and were in for all money. Thirdly, it appears that a quick tap is no longer permitted from a penalty. Why did we have to wait for the entire Parramatta defensive line to be set before we were allowed to take it? A f**king joke.

8. Justin Carney's no-try in the second half - he definately grounded it, at worst it was benefit of the doubt. This call changed the game. A Carney try, and Canberra go on to win. From the next set, Hayne intercepts. That's 6 more points you can take off Parramatta's score.

9. The constant lying in the ruck, grapples, and above all FLOPS from Parramatta that went unpenalised... and then two bullsh*t penalties go Parramatta's way for, in all honesty, far far far less than they got away with all game. They scored another try off one of these, so another 4 points should disappear from Parra's score, if the game is refereed fairly.

Mate I think the fact that so many other teams supporters, myself included, have come in and said that Canberra were rorted last night is an indication we all feel the same way.

It doesn't get your 2 points back, but I agree with everything you stated above.
The refereeing last night was abysmal at best.
If the match was called fairly, Canberra win by 20+.

scottyeel

Bench

Lol, maybe your team should have remembered how to tackle for the last 20 minutes and they would have won.

scottyeel

Bench
We were bad , parra were worse and the refs worse again.

The Milne sin binning was a total disgrace should never of happened , this made our team defend with a man down and Parra had 90% of the ball in that time. this would of had an effect later in the game.

Im not gonna start on the other crap ref calls.
Lol 90%, yet it was 60%-40% possesion to the raiders at half time.
Raiders had enough ball to lead by 20 at half time.

Latest posts