What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R1 | Mon | Tigers 26-22 Sea Eagles | SFS

Result: Tigers v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2010info-r1wstman.jpg

2010teams-wst-main.jpg

1. Tim Moltzen 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui
8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah (c) 10. Keith Galloway 11. Liam Fulton 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. Jason Cayless 15. Junior Moors 16. Mark Flanagan 17. Daniel Fitzhenry

2010teams-man-alt.jpg

1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Tony Williams 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Jamie Lyon (c) 7. Kieran Foran
8. Jason King (c) 9. Matt Ballin 10. Josh Perry 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Chris Bailey 13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange: 14. Terence Seu Seu 15. Brent Kite 16. George Rose 17. Shane Rodney

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jared Maxwell & Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Gavin Reynolds & Paul Holland
Video Referee: Chris Ward

Toyota Cup Round 1
Tigers v Sea Eagles @ SFS, Mon 4:45pm AEDT

NSW Cup Round 1
North Sydney (SOU) v Western Suburbs (WST) @ Henson, Sat 3:00pm AEDT
Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) v Newtown (SYD) @ Henson, Sat 5:00pm AEDT

nrl2010-r1wstman.jpg

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
honestly i can see tigers doing that whole close to the end then they blow it out a bit. mainly coz of the halves imo

GB!

Juniors
manly to start better than last year winning 5/6 first matches.

manly by at least 16 against the tigers.

p.s. i don't think lote is a fullback, sooner tigers realise this, the better they will be IMO. centre or wing

brooksy19

Bench
Tigers should win, lets hope its not a heart attack match like they last time these two meet in a Monday night classic.

simon says

First Grade
I really dunno who will win this game......but the last one was a dead set cracker.

Its my second fave game of the year behind the eels one.

Both were played at finals intensity in front of a huge house full of fans.

Great stuff!!

Gaba

First Grade
sheens will have the counter game plans for manly's set up plays for stewart

tigers to win

Big Pete

Referee
Should be the game everybody watches.

Both teams trial form was pretty scratchy. But I suspect Tigers will be too good for Manly here.

Expect the usual run away try from Benji to spark an emphatic 14 point win.

People to question Manly early.

Truthy746

Juniors
A great way to start the season that's for sure, too bad I'm gonna miss out on watching it. Both teams are pretty evenly matched across the park, and it's just going to come down to the answering of a few questions.

- How will Lote adapt in his first game back to League in a new environment, in a new position?
- The Foran/Lyon combination, will it prove successful after Orford's departure?
- How will Jason Cayless play in his first game back in the NRL after a stint in the Super League?
- Will the Manly forwards, particularly props, return to the form of 2008 after a disappointing 2009?

With that said, it's going to come down to a touch of brilliance from someone from either side. A Benji Marshall miracle, a barnstorming run by Anthony Watmough, Lote Tuqiri leaving defenders in his wake, or Brett Stewart's speed being simply too much to handle?

I'm going to back Manly, I think they just have too much strikepower for the Tigers to contend with and that they will be a much improved attacking outfit with the departure of Orford. Foran/Lyon will be a winning combination. Watmough will continue with his career best form, Brett Stewart will return to his after a controversial 2009. However, it's going to be a close and a great game and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the bounce of the ball is what determines who leaves the Sydney Football Stadium with the victory and two points.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i dont know about everyone else, but even though he might be a little underdone being rushed back into round 1, im still buzzing to see tuqiri in a league jersey again.
and the manly reserve grade side sunshine coast sea eagles are playing the northern pride (cowboys reserves) next weekend too