What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R1 | Mon | Tigers 26-22 Sea Eagles | SFS

Result: Tigers v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bicey_18

Bench
A great way to start the season that's for sure, too bad I'm gonna miss out on watching it. Both teams are pretty evenly matched across the park, and it's just going to come down to the answering of a few questions.

- How will Lote adapt in his first game back to League in a new environment, in a new position?
- The Foran/Lyon combination, will it prove successful after Orford's departure?
- How will Jason Cayless play in his first game back in the NRL after a stint in the Super League?
- Will the Manly forwards, particularly props, return to the form of 2008 after a disappointing 2009?

With that said, it's going to come down to a touch of brilliance from someone from either side. A Benji Marshall miracle, a barnstorming run by Anthony Watmough, Lote Tuqiri leaving defenders in his wake, or Brett Stewart's speed being simply too much to handle?

I'm going to back Manly, I think they just have too much strikepower for the Tigers to contend with and that they will be a much improved attacking outfit with the departure of Orford. Foran/Lyon will be a winning combination. Watmough will continue with his career best form, Brett Stewart will return to his after a controversial 2009. However, it's going to be a close and a great game and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the bounce of the ball is what determines who leaves the Sydney Football Stadium with the victory and two points.

No Orford, Brett Stewart scandal hanging over them, away from home... Flogging much? ;-)

caspersparks

Juniors
not sure, alot of uncertainties in both teams... but i think alot of people on here are underestimating manly

aussies1st

Staff member
Never know with the Tigers, they were a hard team to predict last season, had some good wins but also some shockers. Manly look good on paper, probably the only thing swinging me to the Tigers is home ground advantage.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
referees announced... but no sign of either teamsheet...

GB!

Juniors
lote named at wing which i think will suit his game and the tigers better than if he was at fullback.
but where will lote play when the tank tuiaki come back?

should be a tough battle up front, but i still think the eagles backs have a slight advantage (if t-rex shows up to play)

it will be closer than my earlier prediction of manly by at least 16

i'll now say manly by 4, close to match of the round IMO

nqcowboy87

Bench
gonna be interestin in regards to tuqiri if i where him id be buggered, he hasnt had a proper off season break since he went back to pre-season with the tahs last year. and to come back to a game thats similiar to union but still different and to get off a plane and jump right into training. even in brad throns first game back from union in 2005 you could see he still had a tendency to play the union style. however tuqiri vs tony willimas should be interesting if tuqiri goes infield or tyhey line williams up on the wing

Noa

First Grade
If I was a supercoach Id switch Lawrence to T-Rex if theyre not on the same side and tell Benji to stop using him as a decoy. He should run rings around him.

Tigers by 26.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If I was a supercoach Id switch Lawrence to T-Rex if theyre not on the same side and tell Benji to stop using him as a decoy. He should run rings around him.

Tigers by 26.

the marshall-lawrence combo last year completely demolished the unagile frame of jamal idris. with matai a left center id imagine t.williams will line up on the right, opposite lawrence.

if benjis timing is right it could get ugly...

effnic

Bench
Holy sh*t talk about no one rating us. I will go with manly by 20 thanks
Manly 42
Tigpies 22

Manly by 2...not confident in any way though but just can't tip the Tigers until they string some consistency together.

Latest posts