What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R12 | Fri | Dragons 30-0 Eels | WIN Jubilee

Result: Dragons v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No Parra fan has said anything about Hindy being out - it's been mentioned twice in this thread, once by Timmah and once by Big Pete (Titans fan).

A Dragons fan also brings it up in this thread: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=6632488&postcount=14

And while I'm sure there are Eels fans whining about it in the Parra forum, whingers should be allowed to carry on like whiny little bitches in their own forum. That's why I avoid posting in the Eels forum - there's far too much negativity there. Especially after a loss.

I'd say consensus there right now is to sack the entire team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Went back 5 pages found 1 reference to that you moron.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why round 26 last year lets us "get back" at Dragons fans.

"Yeah Dragons fans your team might've smashed us this time but in round 26 last year you also smashed us. EAT A f**kEN DICK BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!!!"

Makes loads of sense. :roll:

thommo4pm

Coach
I'm still waiting for an explanation of why round 26 last year lets us "get back" at Dragons fans.

"Yeah Dragons fans your team might've smashed us this time but in round 26 last year you also smashed us. EAT A f**kEN DICK BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!!!"

Makes loads of sense. :roll:

You know you are the biggest whinger of the lot, you just go about it in a different way, trying to cover it up.

Hope you managed to get some sleep last night. :lol:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You know you are the biggest whinger of the lot, you just go about it in a different way, trying to cover it up.

What am I whinging about?

The Dragons played great and smashed us. It was a horrible game for a Parra fan but I'm looking forward to next week.

Hope you managed to get some sleep last night. :lol:

Actually I didn't sleep much through the week so last night I got 9 hours. I feel great. :lol: I will admit though that when I woke up one of the first things I thought of was the game. :(

Stil, we've got Melbourne next week and we've been waiting for those bastards since October.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Absolutely pumped after that performance. We could have scored more if we hadn't dropped the ball so much, but I'm absolutely stoked with the doughnut. We defended so, so well.

Interesting that Parra are second favourites for the Premiership. Obviously a lot of people out there willing to part with their money on the hope that Parra can find the same afterburners two years in a row. I would have thought on form Manly, the Gold Coast, and Penrith would have received a bit more love from the punters.

In regards to forward passes if you pass the ball forward and one of your players comes from an onside position and takes the pass the referee calls a scrum. In this case Tahu threw the ball to Burt who was standing in front of Tahu and so was offside. Penalty was the correct decision.

I'm glad someone else picked this up. Burt was standing offside when the pass was thrown.

St.George getting away with their usual quota of forward passes I see

Not as many as Queensland did on Wednesday though... :p

As for the Boyd pass to Morris, yes it was forward, but given we've had two tries robbed from us due to bullsh*t forward pass calls this year (vs the Titans and Manly), we're still 1 down. Of course the most important thing is that if all 3 of these calls had gone the other way, all 3 games would have still had the same end result.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Interesting that Parra are second favourites for the Premiership. Obviously a lot of people out there willing to part with their money on the hope that Parra can find the same afterburners two years in a row.

It's not so much about repeating last season's script but about two other elements:

1. Ability to make the finals. Parra are still in the 8 after 2 straight losses. They'll probably make the 8.

2. Ability to win in the finals. Despite having a fairly average team overall, we also have a few bona fide game-breakers. And come finals time, average players lift which cancels out a lot of the disadvantage they offer during the regular season.

I would have thought on form Manly, the Gold Coast, and Penrith would have received a bit more love from the punters.

Form's a deceptive thing. It's a bit like sequences of red or black on the pokies - if the machine's showing 12 reds in a row do you push red or black? The answer is it doesn't matter.

Obviously the performances of footy teams aren't completely random but they're a lot more random than most people expect. Especially in the middle of the table, and at finals time.

Personally I think Golf Coast should be Premiership favourites with either Manly or St George second favourites. Parra should be behind them.

I don't base this on form, I base it on relative playing rosters - the Dragons, although they have less game breakers than the other three sides, do have better depth. That means that losing a few players won't hurt them the way it will hurt the Titans, Eagles or Eels.

Come finals time, if the Titans are without Prince or Campbell or Bailey they're no chance. Likewise with Manly and their reliance on Lyon or Stewart. Parra are nothing without Hayne (obviously) and they'll struggle if Mateo or Moimoi are injured (or just playing bad).

Who could the Dragons miss that would kill their chances? The only one that comes to mind is Soward and he never plays well in the finals anyway.

All four teams are a decent chance of winning the comp if they make the finals but of the four only Parra aren't guaranteed to get there in the first place.

Penrith will probably finish around the middle of the table and won't go far in the finals if they do make it. Especially with Civoniceva or Jennings injured.

I'm glad someone else picked this up. Burt was standing offside when the pass was thrown.

He certainly was. I don't know if the official rule says "deliberate forward pass" and if it does it's geniused. Like they said on the commentary, nobody throws a deliberate forward pass because they all know they'll have to turn over possession.

The penalty is for a pass thrown to a player in an offside position, as opposed to the scrum awarded when the forward pass is thrown to a player who is onside when the pass is thrown.

As for the Boyd pass to Morris, yes it was forward, but given we've had two tries robbed from us due to bullsh*t forward pass calls this year (vs the Titans and Manly), we're still 1 down. Of course the most important thing is that if all 3 of these calls had gone the other way, all 3 games would have still had the same end result.

It all comes out in the wash.

Even if a forward pass didn't appear to change the result, very few people notice the forward pass from dummy half that allows a team to get a roll-on that leads to a holding down penalty that leads to a try.

You can't say any forward pass did or didn't affect the result because everything affects everything else.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Y2Eel, you might only be able to find the words "Round 26 2009" words once but the sentiment is there in plenty of posts from Parra fans.

Some of you need to swallow the bitter pill.

Jason Maher

Immortal
@Popou: overall good post, except the pokies analogy. You can't really compare results of football games to something random like pokies, roulette wheels, dice, or cards. The key factor is dependence: the result of each roll of the dice is completely independent from any preceding rolls of the dice, whereas the results of any sporting contest are very much dependent on preceding results (in a probablistic rather than deterministic way). Every post by a non-Dragons fan taunting us that we'll choke again in the finals because we did last year and in prior years confirms this.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
But the nature of football hasn't. Otherwise we may as well just play a 12 round comp. I'm sure the Dragons would love that.

:crazy: Righto you just don't get it!

Flawed logic mate. To disprove something only requires one example of the theory not applying. I gave you 4 examples in the last 5 years.

Your the one with he flawed logic by thinking this season is the same as the last, there are way to many factors that differentiate the two e.g. players, injuries and the draw etc. I understand what your saying about it's not over by rd 12 if you are at the bottom and you can easily make the finals. My point is teams around that position are more likely to miss the finals than make it.

Mate do you even know how footy teams work? Every team tries to win every game. Nobody plans to lose X amount of games early in the season, what a stupid comment.

No you just don't get it as usual. That comment was based on the fact, Parra fans seem to be quite confident that you will be there come finals time and I was just pointing out your form this year suggests to most that you very likely will have to put together a solid streak at the end of the season to make the finals, that should be concerning to any fan or club especially as other teams are aware that you have done it before.

Round 26 last year we also got smashed by the Dragons. I don't see how bringing it up lets us "get back" at them.

No it's the fact you bring that up while eluding to the result that occurred the following week.

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
The only problem with that is the angle of the TV camera.. Two Touch judges standing right in position would have had a better angle then we did at home....

It looked good for me but they were right under the sticks..

The camera was directly behind the touchies, they had no better angle to view it from. The footage showed it clearly going through the goal. It's irrelevant in the final wash, but it was a pretty poor decision.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Heaps of people I have spoken to noticed it. It was a shocking decision it wasn't even a hard one to spot.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Y2Eel, you might only be able to find the words "Round 26 2009" words once but the sentiment is there in plenty of posts from Parra fans.

Round 26, 2009 is relevant to everybody, not just Parra fans, because it means never give up hope.

It probably applies the least to front-runners, which is probably why Dragons fans don't like hearing it.

@Popou: overall good post, except the pokies analogy. You can't really compare results of football games to something random like pokies, roulette wheels, dice, or cards.

I made the point that footy matches aren't completely random, but every game does have a considerable random element, which a lot of people seem to overlook.

The key factor is dependence: the result of each roll of the dice is completely independent from any preceding rolls of the dice, whereas the results of any sporting contest are very much dependent on preceding results (in a probablistic rather than deterministic way).

Yes, but if you've won 10 in a row, are you more likely or less likely to win?

I think it depends on too many factors for it to mean anything.

Every post by a non-Dragons fan taunting us that we'll choke again in the finals because we did last year and in prior years confirms this.

I think they're just small-minded bogans trying to chop down a tall poppy.

The Dragons didn't choke last year; they overachieved on their way to the Minor Premiership and they were the best (legally assembled) team all season. They just lacked the stars to make a dent in the finals - they certainly didn't choke. Before the season started nobody tipped them to win the comp.

But this year all the youngsters are a year older and more confident and now they actually are favourites, which is tough, because Manly and the Gold Coast (and Melbourne obviously) all have better playing rosters.

Your the one with he flawed logic by thinking this season is the same as the last, there are way to many factors that differentiate the two e.g. players, injuries and the draw etc. I understand what your saying about it's not over by rd 12 if you are at the bottom and you can easily make the finals. My point is teams around that position are more likely to miss the finals than make it.

Mate, we're not at the bottom - we're comfortably mid-table.

No you just don't get it as usual. That comment was based on the fact, Parra fans seem to be quite confident that you will be there come finals time

Because we always are. We made the finals in 4 of the past 5 years, and the last 3 times we were knocked out by Melbourne ('06, '07 and '09).

And right now we're in the 8. We're on track to making the finals. Why wouldn't we be confident?

and I was just pointing out your form this year suggests to most that you very likely will have to put together a solid streak at the end of the season to make the finals

Our form has us in the 8. If we keep going as is we'll make the finals. What part of that can't you understand?

No it's the fact you bring that up while eluding to the result that occurred the following week.

Because it shows you're never dead and buried, despite what you might think. Are you this much of a quitter in real life?

Kiki

First Grade
big thing i noticed at the ground last night, where were all the Parra fans? did the bandwagon break down on the way to Kogarah? HELLO LIFELONG EELS FANS??

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
big thing i noticed at the ground last night, where were all the Parra fans? did the bandwagon break down on the way to Kogarah? HELLO LIFELONG EELS FANS??

Watched on telly mate, like most Eels fans.

I think we all felt a big loss coming after the performance against Cronulla.

Y2Eel

First Grade

Some of you need to swallow the bitter pill.

HAHA Epic fail timmy epic fail :lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
The camera was directly behind the touchies, they had no better angle to view it from. The footage showed it clearly going through the goal. It's irrelevant in the final wash, but it was a pretty poor decision.

The camera was to the left of them.. I thought it was a goal but it was too close to say either way...

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Because it shows you're never dead and buried, despite what you might think. Are you this much of a quitter in real life?

bullsh*t it's your way of watering down saints wins over you this year so they are easier for you to cope with while at the same time having a little shot at the Dragons about last year (that's all this is about) and what the f**k has quitter got to do with me or with this argument??? Mate you say some random sh*t and go off in some weird directions, you try and twist the most simple statements.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
bullsh*t it's your way of watering down saints wins over you this year so they are easier for you to cope with while at the same time having a little shot at the Dragons about last year (that's all this is about) and what the f**k has quitter got to do with me or with this argument??? Mate you say some random sh*t and go off in some weird directions, you try and twist the most simple statements.

Be careful writing teams off mate. It's a long season.

Don't forget when you wrote off the Eels after round 26 last year.