What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R12 | Fri | Dragons 30-0 Eels | WIN Jubilee

Result: Dragons v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rodent

Bench
yeah, except in this case he threw it forward out of his hands :lol:

one of the most blatant cases you'll see and you're trying to defend it? haha.
Boyd runs then passes and then pulls up. Despite pulling up he still ended up in front of where Morris caught the ball. Ignoring wind resistance, as long as Boyd didn't accelerate after passing, this proves it was a fair pass.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is it worth arguing over?

There's 20-30 forward passes every game. Most of them aren't pulled up.

But it all comes out in the wash.

Ulysseus

Bench
Nice win.
The Eels had a few missing though, be interesting to see how they go when they are matched pound for pound again.
Credit to Kyle Stanley, he has his priorities right by having hes defence in order very early on in his career.

And........... Boyd > Hayne

Without disrespecting Hayne, Boyd showed what you can achieve by playing more like Luke Phillips and just charging back with avengeance than prancing around at the back like Mundine did at times, f**k that used to sh*t me.
Should be more kamikaze runs from the back, less riverdance.

petetheileet

First Grade
Saints ground a pretender side into the ground...

If you have a good line speed and prevent second phase play, eels wont score many points, bad defense and they will carve you up....

Boyd was great after playing origin two nights ago

Boyds pass was borderline i see worse let go and better called up

Sowards goal was just that.... a goal...like wtf??? it was obvious, seriously can anything happen from this???

Tahu is just terrible...he probably the best candidate for the bloke who looks the worst when he is in a loosing team, he is just terrible, cant attack, cant defend, boils over, he is the opposite of a Bennett type player which means he is sh*t!

Keatings and Mortimer should take the ball to the line.

Dragons defense was awesome

Nightingale as always played above his weight

Go the Mighty Red V!!!!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And........... Boyd > Hayne

Without disrespecting Hayne, Boyd showed what you can achieve by playing more like Luke Phillips and just charging back with avengeance than prancing around at the back like Mundine did at times, f**k that used to sh*t me.
Should be more kamikaze runs from the back, less riverdance.

Hayne won the Dally M on the back of high-risk play. He's also won us a load of games for it.

Boyd might make more consistent yardage on each run (especially when his team is dominating) but he's also less likely to break the line than Hayne.

They're two completely different types of players.

petetheileet

First Grade
you sound like a dopey nob

btw to add to my previous post....

an incredible effort by saints back 3

according to nrl.com stats, each of the dragons back 3 made more than 175m....

how often does that happen??

petetheileet

First Grade
or i can do the logical thing and wiat till round 22 to write a team off....

its an opinion you dopey knob!!

Didgi

Pete, I'd appreciate it if you stopped that train of thought right now ;-):p was there any hint of Costigan carrying an injury today?

petetheileet

First Grade
Yeah mate... parra are a bit precious...

cant score a point in 120mins and your a mad man for thinking they cant win the comp....

yeah mate not sure, costigan plays on the edge and today spilt over a few time, he wasn't a happy chappy on the field today..

he might needs a weeks rest, not the mentally toughest bloke known to man

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**k mate give it a rest you sound pathetic it's not 2009 it's 2010!

So what's changed, beside the date?

Round 12 is never time to slit your wrists:
  • Round 12 last year Parra were coming 3rd last.
  • Round 12 in 2007 and eventual semi-finalists Brisbane were coming equal last.
  • Round 12 in 2006 and eventual semi-finalists Parra were running 3rd last.
  • Round 12 in 2005 and eventual top 4 team St George as well as eventual Premiers Wests were both outside the top 8.
It's a very even comp now and half the teams make the finals. Round 12 is far too early to be writing any team off.