What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R12 | Fri | Dragons 30-0 Eels | WIN Jubilee

Result: Dragons v Eels

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STG-Dragon

Juniors
So what's changed, beside the date?

Round 12 is never time to slit your wrists:
  • Round 12 last year Parra were coming 3rd last.
  • Round 12 in 2007 and eventual semi-finalists Brisbane were coming equal last.
  • Round 12 in 2006 and eventual semi-finalists Parra were running 3rd last.
  • Round 12 in 2005 and eventual top 4 team St George as well as eventual Premiers Wests were both outside the top 8.
It's a very even comp now and half the teams make the finals. Round 12 is far too early to be writing any team off.

Lol a lot has changed teams players etc etc.

Mate I'm not writing the Eels off at all, It's just all you ever talk about is last year (and you didn't even win the comp), I know that all you have but geez give it a rest.

Last edited:

thommo4pm

Coach
So what's changed, beside the date?

Round 12 is never time to slit your wrists:
  • Round 12 last year Parra were coming 3rd last.
  • Round 12 in 2007 and eventual semi-finalists Brisbane were coming equal last.
  • Round 12 in 2006 and eventual semi-finalists Parra were running 3rd last.
  • Round 12 in 2005 and eventual top 4 team St George as well as eventual Premiers Wests were both outside the top 8.
It's a very even comp now and half the teams make the finals. Round 12 is far too early to be writing any team off.

Whatever helps you get to sleep tonight mate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol a lot has changed teams players etc etc.

Nothing's changed mate - I just showed you how round 12 is a poor indication of how a team's tracking.

Mate I'm not writing the Eels off at all, It's just all you ever talk about is last year (and you didn't even win the comp), I know that all you have but geez give it a rest.

I'm sorry.

Kiki

First Grade
wow, what an amazing effort from my boys. so many players backing up but they KILLED IT. i was at the game and absolutely beaming with pride.

things i noticed

1) Flossy Nightingale and B.Moz and their insanely good defence. they are both so good in attack obviously but i am soooooo impressed with both their commitment and their awesome instinct in defence.

2) DARIUS BOYD! he has been building up all year to run at the line and godamn he really hit it tonight. like hard! and passing the ball. he is like a different player to last year.

3) the way the 3 players above all ran the ball up the middle like forwards. inspiring to see that sort of passion from backs

4) starting to see Sowie's confidence come back a bit, he has been fairly quiet this year but i think he is hitting his strides

5) i thought Hayne tried really hard all game but he was just shut down by Uncle Wayne's game plan and the Dragons flawless defence

Randor

Juniors
Nice win by the dragons, some great defence although I guess Tahu and co. didn't offer much.

I was at the game and one thing I'm a bit curious about is the Soward conversion miss mentioned earlier. From where I was it looked like a near miss, that said I was on the hill a long way away from it and wasn't in line.

I'm assuming that it looked like it went in on the broadcast but could that be from the dud camera angle channel nine likes to use for pretty much everything?

STG-Dragon

Juniors
Nothing's changed mate - I just showed you how round 12 is a poor indication of how a team's tracking.

Mate players in teams etc have changed and so has the schedule. And you didn't prove sh*t, I'm sure I could find a hell of a lot more examples of teams being near the bottom in rd 12 not making the semis. Regardless you better hope your team isn't trying too replicate, what they did to make the finals last season in this season that would be very unwise. I actually think Parra will make the 8 and prob in the top 6, but nun of that was what my original post was about, it was about you always bringing up rd 26 and the 1st semi, when in arugments with saints fans.

I'm sorry.

So you should be!

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach

I'm sorry.

I'm confident we'll make the finals series... Are you? The eels will drop out of the 8 this weekend, and the way they're playing they don't look like securing any more points in the near future.

cleary89

Coach

I'm sorry.

thirrrrrrtyyyyyyyyyyyyyy nillllllllllllllllllllllll. thhhirrrrrrrtttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyy nilllllllllllll.

come back and post when you can score a try.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Good win in the end by the Dragons. Their back three were just brilliant and their halves controlled things nicely.

Eels were flat, they will only get better from here.

We heard that in round 1 after we beat them as well. Unless they get their forward pack in order, edge defense and fluency in attack all working simultaneously, I can't see them even making the finals this year let alone being a force.

Parra have a lot to work on if they're going to be competitive against teams that won't give up in 80 minutes of football. They have the cattle to do it, but they're already starting to run out of time to try and get it to "click" then build onto that. I don't think they look anywhere near as good as last year, even at this time of the year. Last year you knew they could still tear teams a new one when it clicked, this year they look pedestrian in attack even if they are winning. They've probably only played 4 or 5 good halves of footy in 12 rounds.

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Did people take notice the dragons not once kicked the ball dead or into touch to slow the play down.

Apart from hayne first kick which went out on the full, the eels tried to match the dragons by keeping the ball in play, but the dragons defense was too good on the night.

I think both teams deserve credit by not kicking the ball into touch to slow the play down,

there were no 20 meter restarts either

I cant recall a game being played like that where there was no kick into touch for a rest

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Is it just me or was that conversion good??

Rewound it and played it again and looked like it went straight through to us??

Good for sure... I can't believe it wasn't mentioned in the broadcast.

goala.png

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can the NRL analyse that and give the Dragons the two extra points?

BTW, epic lol @ Parra fans falling back on "Round 26 2009" to get back at Saints fans.

For whatever it was, R26 last year Parramatta looked like a team that took their foot off the gas and were beat from go to woe. Last night they simply looked outclassed and didn't have answered. The scoreline probably wouldn't have been as devastating had Hindy not pulled out pre-game but the Dragons are in good form, credit to them.

thommo4pm

Coach
Parra can claim they had Hindy out all they like.

Fact is we had double the amount of players out, and more than double the amount of players backing up from Origin.
Parra were bashed.

Agree with everything you wrote Timmah, Hindmarsh might have made a 1 try difference for them last night.

Firey_Dragon

Coach

BTW, epic lol @ Parra fans falling back on "Round 26 2009" to get back at Saints fans.

For whatever it was, R26 last year Parramatta looked like a team that took their foot off the gas and were beat from go to woe. Last night they simply looked outclassed and didn't have answered. The scoreline probably wouldn't have been as devastating had Hindy not pulled out pre-game but the Dragons are in good form, credit to them.

That would require the NRL admit their referees were wrong... Does that ever happen? It was a blatant wrong call though, Soward looked pretty stunned running back for the kick-off, I'm just glad that it had zero effect on the game, but I'm sure Soward wouldn't be too happy given how hard he's worked to improve his kicking from the start of the year.

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
In the rabbitohs v tigers game last year the touchies were sacked for missing the goal, the same should be done with these ones

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That would require the NRL admit their referees were wrong... Does that ever happen?

Yes, but that didn't change the result of the 2009 minor premiership... :p

In all seriousness, given it has no bearing on the result of the game, I don't see why the NRL can't amend the score...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate players in teams etc have changed and so has the schedule.

But the nature of football hasn't. Otherwise we may as well just play a 12 round comp. I'm sure the Dragons would love that.

And you didn't prove sh*t, I'm sure I could find a hell of a lot more examples of teams being near the bottom in rd 12 not making the semis.

Flawed logic mate.

To disprove something only requires one example of the theory not applying. I gave you 4 examples in the last 5 years.

Regardless you better hope your team isn't trying too replicate, what they did to make the finals last season in this season that would be very unwise.

Mate do you even know how footy teams work? Every team tries to win every game. Nobody plans to lose X amount of games early in the season, what a stupid comment.

I actually think Parra will make the 8 and prob in the top 6, but nun of that was what my original post was about, it was about you always bringing up rd 26 and the 1st semi, when in arugments with saints fans.

It's not just arguments with Saints fans - it's a valid example for any team.

A team can turn their form around in just a week. The comp is that even now and it's a long season. We'll turn it around - both for good and bad - a few more times this season.

Talking about current form as though it's got anything to do with the end of the season is wishful thinking. Especially when it comes to Parra.

I'm confident we'll make the finals series... Are you?

Not as confident as you blokes, obviously, but I reckon we're about 90% chance.

The eels will drop out of the 8 this weekend

Actually no they won't.

Very few teams are displaying consistently good form (have I mentioned the evenness of the comp?) which is why St George's efforts over a season and a half are so admirable.

and the way they're playing they don't look like securing any more points in the near future.

See my comments above re: form.

Parra lost 4 out of their first five and then won 4 in a row. Now we've lost 2 in a row. They're a very up and down team and will almost certainly finish the season somewhere between 6th and 8th.

When they hit the finals they'll either be playing well or poorly and that'll determine how they go.

If anything, it proves an 8 team finals series is farcical. After last year's average season, Parra had no right to play in a grand final yet they hit the finals with confidence and kept winning. That's unfair to the teams who consistently play well for 26 weeks and then suffer a drop in form (everyone has a drop in form during the season).

I think a five team finals is fairer but the more teams in the finals, the more money the clubs make.

they're already starting to run out of time to try and get it to "click" then build onto that. I don't think they look anywhere near as good as last year, even at this time of the year. Last year you knew they could still tear teams a new one when it clicked, this year they look pedestrian in attack even if they are winning. They've probably only played 4 or 5 good halves of footy in 12 rounds.

After this weekend we'll still be in the 8. This time last year we were running 3rd last.

It's a long season mate. Most teams will see their form go up and down a couple of times between now and the finals.

It's got nothing to do with getting back at anyone - that's your own loser attitude coming out (but did you love the flogging Parra gave you a couple of weeks ago? :lol: And you're lower than us on the table even if you flog Melbourne by 100 points.)

Round 26 last year we also got smashed by the Dragons. I don't see how bringing it up lets us "get back" at them.

Mate, far too good. And I don't think Hindy would've made any difference (he's a shadow of the player he was 5 years ago).

Parra can claim they had Hindy out all they like.

No Parra fan has said anything about Hindy being out - it's been mentioned twice in this thread, once by Timmah and once by Big Pete (Titans fan).

Your lot are the ones who whinge about players being out.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Good for sure... I can't believe it wasn't mentioned in the broadcast.

goala.png

The only problem with that is the angle of the TV camera.. Two Touch judges standing right in position would have had a better angle then we did at home....

It looked good for me but they were right under the sticks..

Y2Eel

First Grade

Went back 5 pages found 1 reference to that you moron.. EPIC LOL :lol: EPIC LOL:lol: Whats with the Epic LOL sh*t