What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R23 | Fri | Broncos 14-30 Eels | Suncorp

Result: Broncos v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scorpio30

Bench
Haha...Mitchell was heading to the corner but Falou was going to mow him down so he heads back the other way and Winterstein almost gets him.

Rovelli

Bench
Big win for the Eels. For and against is bad, but if they win out and head to 30 points, I think that will be enough for them.

kay

Juniors
Might have something to do with Brisbane directing 100% of their play towards Inu/away from Burt

which is why I was surprised at Gould speaking about inu and hayne's lack of involvement which he emphasized when the former was put in for a try.

boxhead

First Grade
Was a great game; I feel sorry for Broncos fans, Thaiday was very unlucky to score the try that would have put ya's back in the game, and they were definitely better than the Eels for the majority of the game. I think they were just unlucky on some occasions, and the Eels got lucky on others (i.e. Luke Burt's try).
On that note, what did you Broncos fans think of Luke Burt's chip-kick-for-himself try? I think it's got to be, when considering the context of how close the game was and how the momentum was with the Broncos, one of the tries of the season?
Your thoughts?
My ratings for the teams also;
Broncos 7/10
Eels 6/10

EDIT: Also yes I agree some of the decisions were a bit suss, some favoured the Eels and led directly to tries :(
This from an Eels fan mind you.

Last edited:

some11

Referee
Well Gillett at 5/8 worked wonders didn't it, just like Carroll at halfback 09 preliminary final.

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Notice who wasnt there to congratulate burt, despite being the 2nd closest support player?

"Awww, hes stealing my limelight"

That's funny - I saw the 2 of them having a laugh about it. One walks up to Burt and makes some comment, Burt laughs and points and obviously says something like "that's how you really do it"

[in your version I think Burt cops a ragepunch on the chin by the other person who then storms off to the showers after spitting on Mateo for winning motm]

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The turning point was the Burt try, if that wasn't scored Brisbane really had the momentum coming home IMO. Shouldn't have been awarded with the obvious forward pass earlier on but sh*t happens, Tigers will hopefully smack Parra round next Sunday

Big Pete

Referee
That and the Inu strip penalty. That was a real 50/50 call and the Broncos had the Eels absolutely pegged inside their own corner.

sarahk

Juniors
That's funny - I saw the 2 of them having a laugh about it. One walks up to Burt and makes some comment, Burt laughs and points and obviously says something like "that's how you really do it"

[in your version I think Burt cops a ragepunch on the chin by the other person who then storms off to the showers after spitting on Mateo for winning motm]

LOLLLL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So true old man craigy, i saw it the exact same WAY you did because i was actually keeping a lookout for Hayne and i saw them talking and laughing with each other.

Latest posts