What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R5 | Fri | Dragons 34-16 Broncos | WIN

Result: Dragons v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Gee it's probably a penalty under the laws but I wish they would make up their minds, it's given about 50% of the time.

Don't think it was serious enough for a touch judge report though, not by a long shot.

skeepe

Immortal
Weyman throwing an elbow. Would have been penalised for that if he was still a Raider.

Iafeta

Referee
The problem I have with it is that the defence made the mistake. If the decoy ran into the defender then fair enough, but otherwise it should have been a try. If they want to blow penalties for running behind a player do it no matter where it happens on the field, not just when the team is attacking the line.

No they didn't. The offence made the mistake. The offence should know the rules and failed to construct a play within them. The way the Broncos defender was held up highlights the advantage created not by anything outstanding, but more an illusion.

A well constructed play of this type would involve the player who receives the ball being a couple of metres back, but then you would argue he would lose the advantage being 'hidden' gives.

One of Gus Gould's usual man-lub comments is "The defence should not have been forced to make that decision". This is a perfect application of a comment he religiously makes in relation to decoys and obstructions. Tonight for whatever reason it didn't suit him so he went off like a yo-yo on automatic recoil.

Danish

Referee
Can a broncos fan explain why Lockyer isn't touching the ball on the last?

Wallace has got nothing

ironhorse

Juniors
Sterlo just commenting on the dragons having a go at each other , i was going to mention the same .... no surprise to see d young involved in both incidents.

Big Pete

Referee
Soft late tackle penalty.

Don't know if Gould's whinge is warranted...but those kinds of penalties annoy me.

user_nat

Coach
Another nothing penalty.
Lets see if they can score off a penalty again..

.. and as I type that, they go over.

Latest posts