What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

Vic Mackey

Referee
Same

I don't see this being a good singing at all

i dont know mate, i reckon hed be an absolute weapon. would depend which half they paired him with. purely as a rugby league fan id love to see it

in saying all this doesnt he have a history of whoring himself around, only to sting the titans for an extra $100k on his contract every year?

Nealo 12

Bench
He won’t come to Penrith, it’s a ploy for more money or he’ll end up at the roosters
(edit well played skeep can’t believe the green horns fell for your trap)

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Do Rooster and Panther want to end any chance of a premiership from next year in the immediate future. Fifita stinks unless it’s a contract season.

nick87

Coach
As a RL fan i'd love to see Fifita get out of the Titooooons
Tino too, and AJ Brimson... the idea of these guys wasting their entire careers at a moribund club like the Titans is depressing
Penrith have lost enough, it's reasonable for them to get in on this. The Roosters is less palatable purely on a "why always them?" position but no question the cap space would be there for them too

I just want to see Fifita in a team that actually can maybe get the best out of him on a week to week basis.

MugaB

Coach
As a RL fan i'd love to see Fifita get out of the Titooooons
Tino too, and AJ Brimson... the idea of these guys wasting their entire careers at a moribund club like the Titans is depressing
Penrith have lost enough, it's reasonable for them to get in on this. The Roosters is less palatable purely on a "why always them?" position but no question the cap space would be there for them too

I just want to see Fifita in a team that actually can maybe get the best out of him on a week to week basis.
Agreed with all that, but he might end up killing most of the halfbacks he runs over playing with a decent team tho... RL is short on halfbacks these days

Might be best to leave him at the titans

Wb1234

Referee
Did you use your calculator this time WB,
That's less Than Penrith are offering, how does that work? Or is their a famous golf game involved
Panthers get Fifita is a massive coup to replace jfh

he will have to take a pay cut to do it but it would revive his career

chooks offering a four year deal vs 3 years panthers hence the lower figure

he’s already had a meeting at Trent Robinson house

MugaB

Coach
Panthers get Fifita is a massive coup to replace jfh

he will have to take a pay cut to do it but it would revive his career

chooks offering a four year deal vs 3 years panthers hence the lower figure

he’s already had a meeting at Trent Robinson house
Pay cut, you can't take a pay cut, he is already on a certain amount at the titans, that's obviously a rort in the system, if he was getting less at the titans then yeah, but he on a million, htf does that work out

Wb1234

Referee
Pay cut, you can't take a pay cut, he is already on a certain amount at the titans, that's obviously a rort in the system, if he was getting less at the titans then yeah, but he on a million, htf does that work out
That’s a good point

his option is 1 million pa for 2 years

dragons also interested but obvi no chance

MugaB

Coach
That’s a good point

his option is 1 million pa for 2 years

dragons also interested but obvi no chance
Big chance if the auditor steps in and says you can't sign on unders, theyd be the only club willing to play extras

Wb1234

Referee
Big chance if the auditor steps in and says you can't sign on unders, theyd be the only club willing to play extras
He said no without meeting them lol

titans will offer more to keep him which imo he stays there so he’s not serious about winning a comp

MugaB

Coach
He said no without meeting them lol

titans will offer more to keep him which imo he stays there so he’s not serious about winning a comp
Yes well obviously not winning any comps there, but maybe his Mrs is wanting to go to Penrith for when they start their women side (probably next season or '26, stadium rebuild depending)

Last edited:

Chimp

Bench
Absolutely - whatever another club actually pays him, the NRL have to apply the value of his Titans 2025 deal as a minimum. It wasn’t just the titans who offered him that sort of money, there were a few clubs willing to pay $1m. And there’s clubs now that would be willing to pay $1m+ (Titans, Dargons, Raiders), so there is his market value. If they allow him to go to a Premiership contender for less than his current deal, that makes the salary cap pointless. (Or should I say even more pointless) as it is clearly not giving an equal distribution of talent.

Absolutely - whatever another club actually pays him, the NRL have to apply the value of his Titans 2025 deal as a minimum. It wasn’t just the titans who offered him that sort of money, there were a few clubs willing to pay $1m. And there’s clubs now that would be willing to pay $1m+ (Titans, Dargons, Raiders), so there is his market value. If they allow him to go to a Premiership contender for less than his current deal, that makes the salary cap pointless. (Or should I say even more pointless) as it is clearly not giving an equal distribution of talent.
That wasn’t the intention of the cap to begin with but to save clubs from themselves, wasn’t it? And even then, it was meant to function with the draft. The system clearly needs a review, though.