What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | SF1 - W4 v L2 | Fri | Raiders 24-26 Tigers | Canberra (CAN elim)

Semi Final Result: Raiders v Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2010info-fw2canwst.jpg

2010teams-can-main.jpg

1. Josh Dugan 2. Reece Robinson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joel Monaghan 5. Daniel Vidot 6. Terry Campese (c) 7. Josh McCrone
8. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs 9. Glen Buttriss 10. David Shillington 11. Joe Picker 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Shaun Fensom

Interchange: 14. Alan Tongue (c) 15. Trevor Thurling 16. Dane Tilse 17. Scott Logan
Reserves: 18. Travis Waddell 19. Danny Galea

2010teams-wst-alt.jpg

1. Sean Meaney 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Mitch Brown 5. Beau Ryan 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robert Lui
8. Todd Payten 9. Robbie Farah (c) 10. Keith Galloway 11. Liam Fulton 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington

Interchange: 14. Andrew Fifita 15. Bryce Gibbs 16. Simon Dwyer 17. Daniel Fitzhenry
Reserves: 18. Mark Flanagan 19. Chris Lawrence 20. Ben Murdoch-Masila 21. Sam Latu

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Tony Archer and Jared Maxwell
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Jeff Younis
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan

Toyota Cup Finals Series - Week Two
Cowboys (W4) v Raiders (L2) @ Canberra, Fri 5:15pm
Tigers did not qualify

QRL Intrust Super Cup Grand Final
Souths Logan (CAN) did not qualify

NSW Cup Finals Series - Week Two
Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) progressed to Week 3
Western Suburbs (WST) v Wentworthville (PAR) @ Leichhardt, Sun 1:00pm

nrl2010-fw2canwst.jpg

Last edited:

Parra Guru

Coach
Ok, can someone please confirm for me the winner of this one plays Saints on Sunday 26th at ANZ??

gronkathon

First Grade
I will have to wait and see who from the Tigers is available.

Canberra are a great side at the moment but anything can happen in a game of football.

Looks like a half day and a drive down the Rememberance Driveway on Friday for me

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ok, can someone please confirm for me the winner of this one plays Saints on Sunday 26th at ANZ??
Nope, Sunday finals stopped a couple of years back.

Roosters v Panthers > winner v Titans @ Suncorp, Fri 24th 7:45pm

Raiders v Tigers > winner v Dragons @ ANZ/SFS, Sat 25th 7:45pm

If Benji and Ellis both play it should be a cracker.

If one or both miss the game, Raiders will win pretty easily.

As much as I would like to see the raiders get through ( i love an underdog!) How big would a dragons V Tigers game at ANZ be! much like the 70K there for dogs v eels last year.

MacDougall

First Grade
Replay of the 05 prelim final vs. Raiders and Dragons continued rivalry, gee it's hard to tell what directive the refs will be given this week.

I feel that the potential Roosters vs. Tigers gf though will ensure victory for the Westies.

Ulysseus

Bench
If the Tigers are short on troops, then Canberra win.
If the Tigers have the troops and try for the miracle balls they don't always work, then Canberra win.
If Canberra maintain what they did in the opening 40 against Penrith, then Canberra win.
If Wests try to make it a battle in the middle, then Canberra win.
If Wests go for some quick sprints against a tiring Raiders pack at opportune times, then Wests can win.
If Wests string some quick points together and force Canberra to play desperate in their own half, then Wests win.

A few possibilities exist.

If I had to choose one and one only, I think Canberra will do them over, good workout against Penrith without sustaining injury, Wests look a bit more battered.

Tigpies will be more bruised from their game against the Roosters then the Raiders will be. Tigpies have injuries to key players. The game is in Canberra. Tigers will probably win :( after saying all of that

Parra Guru

Coach
Nope, Sunday finals stopped a couple of years back.

Roosters v Panthers > winner v Titans @ Suncorp, Fri 24th 7:45pm

Raiders v Tigers > winner v Dragons @ ANZ/SFS, Sat 25th 7:45pm

Thanks Tim. Got offered anz members passes as the other half follows Dragons so just had to confirm with them when I'd need em.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I am not super confident. The Tigers have beaten the Raiders twice this year. That was before the run of form though. Still a young side can explode at any time.

Just happy to have made it this far. Hope to face the dragons next week. GO Raiders.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
We have some battered bodies, but McKinnon and Lawrence may both be back. Fulton and Gibbs will be right, bit worried about Ellis but he's tough as nails and will play.

Marshall will play IMO, he'll be in the hypeabaric chamber all week and will get needled up on game day, there is no way he will miss this match.

If Pat Richards could play in the GF with his serious ankle injury in 2005, then Marshall will play with a badly bruised knee.

It will be tough but I give us every chance if we play like we did for 65 minutes against the Roosters.

dragondad

First Grade
Should be an absolute cracker and for that reason I hope Marshall/Ellis and maybe Moltzen all play.

I think Raiders will win,but no-one will give the Tigers a chance and they are well in this match.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
I want the Raiders to win and go through against the Dragons :)

But I won't mind the Tigers going through either. Don't mind either teams.

skeepe

Immortal
Tickets selling pretty fast, already around 8,000 sold which is almost unheard of for a Canberra game.

Sleep

Juniors
I can't see the Raiders losing this one. All the momentum. At home and the Tigers are pretty beat up.

Hopefully I'll be there to watch it live.

Latest posts