What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Matiunz

Juniors
So what we were saying about players watching and supporting both sports in NZ was true?

Becoming more and more common for All Blacks to do sessions with other sports to help develop their game with a different perspective in a professional environment, a few have done sessions with AFL clubs also as well as NFL clubs etc.

Mounga would make a handy convert as a half, at 30 probably left his run too late though.
Thrived at Super Rugby level but never really shone at internationals sadly

Wb1234

Referee
So what we were saying about players watching and supporting both sports in NZ was true?

Becoming more and more common for All Blacks to do sessions with other sports to help develop their game with a different perspective in a professional environment, a few have done sessions with AFL clubs also as well as NFL clubs etc.

Mounga would make a handy convert as a half, at 30 probably left his run too late though.
Article said his two older brothers were league players but they wouldn’t let him play it

he’s too old now for the nrl

Matua

Bench

He'd make Johnson look like a defensive dynamo in comparison. DMac would have been a handy convert back in the day, can pretty much do everything Mo does in attack but with the addition of courageous defence.

Actually pity he didn't go to league back then, as you say he was a Super, um, superstar but average in the test arena.

He'd make Johnson look like a defensive dynamo in comparison. DMac would have been a handy convert back in the day, can pretty much do everything Mo does in attack but with the addition of courageous defence.

Actually pity he didn't go to league back then, as you say he was a Super, um, superstar but average in the test arena.
Had a chuckle at the article referring to him as an All Black “legend”.

That said, pretty sure 2m pa is the biggest contract a NZ player has ever earned (?) so that’s pretty legendary I suppose.

Matiunz

Juniors

Good call on Mackenzie, probably better suited to a 6 as he thrives on the heads up play a bit more than the traditional structures.
Always thought the Barrett brothers (not Scott) would have been great league players too, Beauden too old now but Jordie probably still could

Good call on Mackenzie, probably better suited to a 6 as he thrives on the heads up play a bit more than the traditional structures.
Always thought the Barrett brothers (not Scott) would have been great league players too, Beauden too old now but Jordie probably still could
Yea I’d really like Jordie as a league fullback. Big body for yardage carries, good ball player out the back of shape and that massive boot would be a handy kick option. Be interesting to hear what Bellamy thought of him when he trained with the Storm last year.

Matua

Bench
TBH, I don't see Jordie as a good league player but think Scott would be. I think Scott would make a pretty good front rower once converted, good motor, can hit (sometimes legally ;) ), and can cart the ball up.

Jordie has just never struck me as a good convert, but I'm happy to have you convince me - where would you play him?

Edit: Just saw @Thatwasnthighref post on him. I don't think he has the pace for fullback. Clearly you lot are more pro Jordie than me ... on form he's great but I think he's a massive rocks and diamonds player.

Matua

Bench
Union chat 😴😴😴

Can we get back to the greatest game of all please and it's quest to dominate the entire Oceania region
Blame your boy Wb for starting it - he spends so much time posting rugby stuff in this thread that it's impossible not to discuss it. :)

Also, we're discussing which of the players would make the best league convert so that shouldn't offend your sensibilities too much.

Matua

Bench
Not offended, just that Union is a sport in decline and is boring as bat shit
Ok, not offended but annoyed enough to post about it. Why let something you find boring annoy you so much you have to write a post about it? Well, at least you got a like from Wb though, Gob or one of his multis might be along soon too give you emotional support. ;)

I'm never going to support a Cantab team, but I wish the Warriors would STFU and not speak out against NZ2.
Yea I agree. They’re clearly trying to protect their interests which is understandable. But if they genuinely care about growing the code here as George keeps saying, they should be advocating for NZ2. And if that’s asking too much for a potential competitor, then at least stay quiet on the issue.

Wb1234

Referee
Yea I agree. They’re clearly trying to protect their interests which is understandable. But if they genuinely care about growing the code here as George keeps saying, they should be advocating for NZ2. And if that’s asking too much for a potential competitor, then at least stay quiet on the issue.
Broncos started super league partly bc they didn’t want to share with the crushers

when the peace deal was made a second Brisbane nrl side wasn’t allowed until 2015

Milhouse2020

Juniors
Broncos started super league partly bc they didn’t want to share with the crushers

when the peace deal was made a second Brisbane nrl side wasn’t allowed until 2015

The Broncos started Super League because the NSWRL was a prehistoric dictatorship that cared more about preserving their power than growing Rugby League as a national game. Hope that clears things up for you.

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.