What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | TEST | Fri 7 May | Australia 12-8 New Zealand | AAMI

Result : Kangaroos v Kiwis

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meth

Staff member
How about Marshall being allowed to knock in on twice outside his own try line in the first half before scurrying away?

Ref was poor, but he was poor both ways.

I don't disagree

I think the difference between the team was the halves, not the referee.

In saying that, the penalty against Matulino was inexplicable and it lead directly to a decisive try. I can't help but be a bit sour about that

Big Pete

Referee
I'd like to see it again.

Mind you, it wasn't the only innocuous penalty. I recall a few that saved the Kiwis when they were under the pump inside their own half.

To claim a moral victory based on tonight is silly.

Meth

Staff member
I'd like to see it again.

Mind you, it wasn't the only innocuous penalty. I recall a few that saved the Kiwis when they were under the pump inside their own half.

To claim a moral victory based on tonight is silly.

I wasn't claiming one

I think the Kiwis got a raw deal, but that's football

We lost because we weren't good enough

renouf

Juniors
Boring boring australia.. what the hell happened to our backline tonight? I know it was wet.. but this seems to happen everytime we play NZ.

Big Pete

Referee
Slater, Lyon and Hayne were all fairly poor.

Inglis tried fairly hard though. He was awesome to watch.

perverse

Referee
i'm gonna give Zeb Taia a bit of a wrap. 130m, 18 tackles, 3 tackle breaks and 0 errors with a dud knee was a great effort... especially against the aussies in wet weather.

once again, people harsh on gidley after a stupid decision... he did a lot of the dirty stuff in defence.

... and for some reason Sau remembers how to pass the ball when he plays for NZ. i'm sure he'll forget again by Sunday.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Happy enough from a kiwi perspective.

Yeah it was wet which made the game tighter, but 3-4 seasons a go if NZ were missing that many top line players they would've been down and out by halftime.

The most satisfying thing is that the young guys, some who wouldn't have been there otherwise, didn't fall apart and for the most part looked like they belonged. Just need that extra bit of experience to really make an impact at test level.

Good win Australia, good game NZ, thank f**k we didn't have another blowout.

Just got home form the game...overall...pretty standard game really.

The Kiwis kept it tight but there was really nothing in attack in the first half.

They played into the Aussie's hands by running the attack flat at the line and once they pushed it deeper in the second half then they got results.

Luke was surprisingly quiet...I thought Rapira and Matulino had strong games.

The Kiwis desperately need a skilful centre..whilst Matai and Sau are solid they need a ball player and someone who can pop a pass.

As for the new stadium...great for viewing and much needed for Melbourne. The concourse was too narrow and the queues for the bars were way too long. The drainage is also a big problem...there was waterfalls coming off the roof of the stadium straight onto seats in the front rows !!.

Well done Oz..Lewis and Thaiday were standouts IMO.

Big Pete

Referee
Luke was quiet? Really? I thought he was one of the Kiwi's better players and his scoots out of dummy half absolutely bamboozled Australia.

Noa

First Grade
Just got home form the game...overall...pretty standard game really.

The Kiwis kept it tight but there was really nothing in attack in the first half.

They played into the Aussie's hands by running the attack flat at the line and once they pushed it deeper in the second half then they got results.

Luke was surprisingly quiet...I thought Rapira and Matulino had strong games.

The Kiwis desperately need a skilful centre..whilst Matai and Sau are solid they need a ball player and someone who can pop a pass.

As for the new stadium...great for viewing and much needed for Melbourne. The concourse was too narrow and the queues for the bars were way too long. The drainage is also a big problem...there was waterfalls coming off the roof of the stadium straight onto seats in the front rows !!.

Well done Oz..Lewis and Thaiday were standouts IMO.

Concourse is OK, most times it will be nowhere near as full as it was tonight and I think they had probelms with there auto beer pourers.

As for the game, solid effort by both teams, Thaiday, lewis and Inglis stood out to me for Australia and Perret, Harrison and sika Manu looked good for NZ.

Special praise for Sika, first game back and he dominated the Aussies with his runs at times. If he gets an injury free run will be the #1 backrower in the game.

gronkathon

First Grade
Lance Hohaia needs to be kept as far away from NZ teams as possible. He is a average fullback at best and he keeps interfering in the work of the halves to the detrement of the NZ attack. Luke, Marshall and Foran are more than capable of steering the side and it looked good when they did so until Lance the useless lump tried to float and play every playmaking position in a set.

Latest posts