What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | TEST | Fri 7 May | Australia 12-8 New Zealand | AAMI

Result : Kangaroos v Kiwis

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There were a couple of names missing, they've been since added.

mxlegend99

Referee
Injuries have taken their toll on that team. On paper I would back the City and Country teams to give that a run for its money. I wish we could see a full strength Kiwi squad for a change.

ironhorse

Juniors
I know its incumbents and all that , but Hayne and Lockyer surely can count themselves pretty lucky on they're form this year .

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I wish we could see a full strength Kiwi squad for a change.

It is a real shame they are always ravaged by injuries and suspensions when a Test is on.

Their pack at full strength matches Australia. Vatuvai is the best winger in the world and is missing. SBW would be handy too...

Lets hope that the Foran,Marshall and Luke combination is successful and they can build a team around these 3 for the 2013 WC.

Garts

Bench
Perry has been solid for us with 1 maybe 2 great games but I would not have thought he would make the Australian side. Surely there are better options, cant think of any at the moment though.

Godz Illa

Coach
The NZ halves and hooker are in top form - better than say, the potential NSW halves. The forward pack is also quality imo: Rapira and FPN are props in good form, and Blair/Harrison on the edges are about as dangerous as you can get. Expecting a decent match. The fluid combination of Smith-Cronk-Slater gives us the clear edge, along with the class out wide.

Garts

Bench
I do not understand the continued selection of Gidley. Not many NRL coaches go with utility like Gidley on their bench, why do we need this in a rep game? He either starts or is not in the 17 at all. I can only assume he has pictures of all the rep coaches in compromising positions with farm animals!!!!!

Rovelli

Bench
This is not even a full-strength Kiwis side. If the Kangaroos are fair dinkum, they should win and win fairly comfortably, as they generally do.

As for Gidley, he is there as a contingency if there are injuries. He is Mr Versatile, but he is not good enough to replace any of those guys in the starting lineup.