What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100% Official Griffin for the next 2 years

Gareth67

First Grade
That's all I need. Thank you good sir.

What a crock of shit.

I don’t know just what your problem is dear ‘ sir ‘ , however not everyone was brought up in the computer generation. Now I was polite when I replied to your earlier post and suggested that if you look up Foxsport you would see the story and I can only once again suggest that you do that .

In future keep your damn remarks to yourself you ungrateful sod .

redVinme

Juniors
I don’t know just what your problem is dear ‘ sir ‘ , however not everyone was brought up in the computer generation. Now I was polite when I replied to your earlier post and suggested that if you look up Foxsport you would see the story and I can only once again suggest that you do that .

In future keep your damn remarks to yourself .

I was talking about hunt calling us a premiership threat Gareth.. I clearly wouldnt of called you good sir just to be rude after the fact nor would I attack someone for no reason. Sorry for the confusion

Edit I was thanking you for pointing me in the direction of the article.

Gareth67

First Grade
I was talking about hunt calling us a premiership threat Gareth.. I clearly wouldnt of called you good sir just to be rude after the fact nor would I attack someone for no reason. Sorry for the confusion

Edit I was thanking you for pointing me in the direction of the article.

My apologies redVinme , I had totally misinterpreted your meaning , should had known better .

Dragon David

First Grade
Anthony Griffin on Sky Sports News this morning at 9.10m.
No questions asked about what he thought we were like in the trial games and Hook did not say anything about the trials played so far but did say he was looking forward to the Charity Shield game which of course is his first.

He said that he has settled into being part of the Dragons and that it is a good club and with good people.

The question of Cam McInnes was put to him and he basically said what we already know which is he wanted to test the market and the Dragons allowed him to do that and in the end he received a good offer which he chose to take. In the end it was lucky that he took the offer before this ACL mishap put him out of this year and so he was happy for McInnes.

He said that he has faith in Ben Hunt as he has grown into a leader even though he didn't live up to a lot of expectations of him in previous seasons. Hook thinks his best football is in front of him for the next few years and will be really good. He compared him to a senior Lockyer and several other senior players. He will do a good job as captain and half back.

In the case of Norman, he said that notwithstanding some past issues, the current one he thinks Norman was hard done by by all police reports in that he was a victim. He feels that the NRL need to be careful going forward. Evidence was that there was racial vilification involved and if the NRL took a similar stance with other players, it would make them want to stay back and not help a mate in similar circumstances. Corey couldn't do anything else but help.

He was asked about Sullivan and Hook said it was when and not if he will be in first grade. He thought he was OK against the Eels and good against the Sharks so yes, it will be when rather than if.

He said that the difference in success or failure is how many they win or lose. Obviously he said that he wanted to win more if possible than lose. The way they play will identify the team and the club and fans remain proud of the team and support them.

TruSaint

Referee
No questions asked about what he thought we were like in the trial games and Hook did not say anything about the trials played so far but did say he was looking forward to the Charity Shield game which of course is his first.

He said that he has settled into being part of the Dragons and that it is a good club and with good people.

The question of Cam McInnes was put to him and he basically said what we already know which is he wanted to test the market and the Dragons allowed him to do that and in the end he received a good offer which he chose to take. In the end it was lucky that he took the offer before this ACL mishap put him out of this year and so he was happy for McInnes.

He said that he has faith in Ben Hunt as he has grown into a leader even though he didn't live up to a lot of expectations of him in previous seasons. Hook thinks his best football is in front of him for the next few years and will be really good. He compared him to a senior Lockyer and several other senior players. He will do a good job as captain and half back.

In the case of Norman, he said that notwithstanding some past issues, the current one he thinks Norman was hard done by by all police reports in that he was a victim. He feels that the NRL need to be careful going forward. Evidence was that there was racial vilification involved and if the NRL took a similar stance with other players, it would make them want to stay back and not help a mate in similar circumstances. Corey couldn't do anything else but help.

He was asked about Sullivan and Hook said it was when and not if he will be in first grade. He thought he was OK against the Eels and good against the Sharks so yes, it will be when rather than if.

He said that the difference in success or failure is how many they win or lose. Obviously he said that he wanted to win more if possible than lose. The way they play will identify the team and the club and fans remain proud of the team and support them.

Thanks for the summary mate.. It was good.

I did giggle at the bold quote.

I think he realises the task ahead is massive and will not set unrealistic expectations.

SaintPauli

Juniors

Very fortunate for Mcinness taking Cronullas deal prior ACL. So glad now
as i doubt the dragons would have let their club captain sit out a year with no pay! Very fortunate for Dragons ! And also throw in the mess of no credit salary cap with Debelin.

goldiesaintz

Juniors
Comparing Hunt to Lockyer is like comparing granny Clampert to a Victoria’s Secret model

Miss Home Distillery Winner 1952

beverly-hillbillies-actress-joined-show-as-different-role-after-missing-out-on-granny-clampett.jpg

blacksafake

First Grade

Changa

Juniors
Speaking of interviews - rewatched the nrl 360 show interviewing Hook on his appointment. One thing Griffin called out straight off the bat is our forwards needed a 'harder edge' and roster management would be crucial.

Less than a month until season starts, we have definitely not recruited players who will harden our pack up. If players like Vaughan and Sims don't provide us this edge, I wouldn't be banking on Alvaro or K Ellis to bridge that gap.

Our recruitment thus far has completely let us down in terms of providing our forwards what we need to be dominant.

Dragon David

First Grade
Speaking of interviews - rewatched the nrl 360 show interviewing Hook on his appointment. One thing Griffin called out straight off the bat is our forwards needed a 'harder edge' and roster management would be crucial.

Less than a month until season starts, we have definitely not recruited players who will harden our pack up. If players like Vaughan and Sims don't provide us this edge, I wouldn't be banking on Alvaro or K Ellis to bridge that gap.

Our recruitment thus far has completely let us down in terms of providing our forwards what we need to be dominant.
The test will come tonight. We will be able to see if Vaughan, Sims, Alvaro and Ellis have "hardened up" at all. We need some tough buggers though that's for sure to dominate. That's the name of the game.

BLM01

First Grade

Lets wait and see aye...the harder edge as you say just may come from within with the right coaching mentoring and challenging them for a bit more mental toughness than the soft mateship approach to senior players.
I am expecting Vaughan to really lead from the front and spring out of the blocks...been very quiet and no interviews or chatter about him in the off season..behind the scenes could be a different beast