What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100 years to the day

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
Skinner said:
Weak as piss mate.

Good stuff Newtown.

Sterling's right Skinner, 1908-1983 then 1991-present does not equate to 100 years, all the hoop -la about the club still maintaining a board, holding regular board meetings and AGM's still does not add credence to the club's claim, especially when you take into account the club in December 2007, held the AGM for the year of 2006, the 9 year gap can not be passed over.

mightybears

Bench
Dallas said:
Sorry to put the cat amongst the jets but, as tcj says, the jets wernt around between 1982 and 1991, therefore, I think its a bit of a call that there is a claim to the 100 years. It should be 91 years. And in any case, wasnt the club reformed in 1991? I just think its a bit of a call to claim it.

Newtown have lots of history - and alot of respect from me - Im a massive traditionalist as most would know. I recognise that Newtown were and are a foundation club, however, I just dont accept the claim they have been around as an entity for 100 years.

Same goes for Souths - they didnt play for 2 or 3 seasons at all whilst they were out of the NRL. Their jersey flegg team was actually Souths Juniors, a seperate entity.

Balmain - well they merged with Ryde Eastwood - so that counts them out.

Easts - They changed their name to Sydney City Roosters - counts them out.

So that leaves justs Norths and Wests - Hey Norths fans - heads or tails?!

Tails, never fails :D

and we are the only team to have had one home ground [1910 to date]

greg

Juniors
Dave Q said:
weak as piss mate...

He's probarbly just sh#t stirring Dave Q, if not he is just an ill informed imbecile.
Unlike some on this forum I beleive you are most welcome to post on this forum. The way the Cursed Jet has been of late it appears his anger management programme is not working.

Dallas

Juniors
Brando hit the nail on the head - Newtown was FORMED 100 years ago.

Im happy to live with that as the terminology.

Oh and Norths - Heads it was... :p

Skinner

Coach
brendothejet said:
it doesn't matter because 100 years ago Newtown was formed.

Exactly brendo, exactly my point. Anything else is rubbish. I'm a staunch Maggie, but
I'll stand by Newtown.

mightybears

Bench
Dallas said:
Brando hit the nail on the head - Newtown was FORMED 100 years ago.

Im happy to live with that as the terminology.

Oh and Norths - Heads it was... :p

best of three :D