What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$100m OP plan

innsaneink

Referee
ozzy_ozman said:
really?

because i remember 5-6 years ago some sydney teams were struggling to get 10,000 past the gates into their stadium and were averaging about 7000-8000 per game...

Wrong...only wests averaged under 10k, (9300) (canberra too but were talking sydney here)and only in '01....every other sydney team including wests in '00 averaged over 10k

MayMoo

Juniors
It's funny how someone said something along the lines of
- No matter the cost, News should continue to prop up the Storm -

Do you really think that now Lachies gone, Daddy will be happy to watch money go down the tube ??

With Newscorp now based in the US; This is even more relevant.

Unless someone outside News is prepared to pour money in they will go. Stadium or No stadium.

It is ridiculous that they are being propped up anyhow.

If there is not enough support in VIC to fianance a team, (corporate or otherwise) do they really deserve a team and is there any chance of success ??

Christ even my mates from Sydney who live there & follow league dont go. ?? I think that says a lot..

Green Machine

First Grade
MayMoo said:

Do you really think that now Lachies gone, Daddy will be happy to watch money go down the tube ??

Unless someone outside News is prepared to pour money in they will go. Stadium or No stadium.

If there is not enough support in VIC to fianance a team, (corporate or otherwise) do they really deserve a team and is there any chance of success ??

Christ even my mates from Sydney who live there & follow league dont go. ?? I think that says a lot..

What about every other team besides the Broncos?

The Preacher

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Wrong...only wests averaged under 10k, (9300) (canberra too but were talking sydney here)and only in '01....every other sydney team including wests in '00 averaged over 10k

If I'm accused of not reading posts, what do the above tell you Ozzy ???:shock:

MayMoo said:

Yea, it says that they don't follow league.

Hoops

Juniors
roosterbooster1 said:
what happens to the storm in the meantime?
If you look behind the stadium (towards The city) you can still see the current Olympic park between Collingwoods Lexus centre (that square box thing just before the bridge) and the new Stadium.
00002848-image.jpg

You can also see a bit of the MCG, Vodafone Arena and Rod Laver Arena.
Once this new Sttadium is completed will there be any other sporting precinct in the world like it?

Hoops

Juniors
This is how it currently looks from the oppisite angle
aerial-large.jpg

The Edwin Flack Field looks to be the site of the new stadium.

LESStar58

Referee
The Preacher said:
It would be a lot cheaper to move them, lock, stock and barrell to the Central Coast and receive $8 to $10 million from the NRL.
Melbourne hasn't worked and wont work, how long do they persist in spending good money for SFA. I'm sure the taxpayers of Victoria are filthy about $100mill. being spent on a rectangular field in AFL heartland.

Speak for everyone else! i'm over the moon!

colonel_123

Juniors
ibeme said:
So what happens in the mean-time? Will Olympic Park be usable whilst these changes take place?

The new stadium isn't actually going to replace Olympic Park, it's being built next to it. OP will remain for Athletics.

Choppies

Coach
At last they have a proper stadium to watch the Storm play.
From the few times Ive been to Olympic Park Its a hovel of a stadium both in general and for rugby league and soccer.

JK

MayMoo said:

NewsCorp take money from the NRL and use it in their clubs. Given the pay TV angle they have you will find that funding Melbourne comes back in buckets through Pay TV subscriptions - they also declare contributions to Melbourne as a loss for tax purposes.

Every club is "propped up" bar Brisbane. Whether Leagues Club, Max Delmerge, Souths Juniors (now Holmes a Court and Crowe) or somebody else!

And your mates are tossers - if you support league you would go to league. I love games at Melbourne - top weekend away from Sydney.
Go and buy a clue! :nwave:

Latest posts