What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10k fine coming for Trent

Rodent

Bench
Diving is when no offence took place and you are trying to con the ref. Overacting to draw the ref's attention to foul play is a different thing.
Rather than suffering, the Roosters benefited from inept reffing yesterday.

Wests is Best

Juniors
There are so many ways to look at who is right and who is wrong here. I read some of the earlier posts in this thread and without reading it all, the early talk about weather Robinson was justified in his rant or not had me thinking.
At first thought I thought good on him for speaking up. The ref was rude to Friend, and the dragons were laying down to get soft penalties. But then I thought about it deeper. What is the history behind all this?
Players have used the right to have the captain and go and discuss every penalty as a tactic to slow the play down and regroup defensively. Perhaps the roosters are worse at exploiting this and referee is onto it? If that were the case I say good on Cummins for politely telling him to GGF'd.
So, without knowing the history between roosters and Cummins who are we to say if Robinson was justified. I think we should have a royal commission! :)
At the end of the day both teams are about as good as mine so lets move on!!

Cockosh

Juniors
I get the feeling that Cockosh didnt get much done today

Hahaha. It was surprisingly productive. Hope there's no controversies next week. If you'd all just agree with me we could have stopped ages ago.

Go Easts!

Spot On

Coach
$40k seems light on for an attack that hit the nrl admin right betwwen the eyes. Intentional and stupid... Deserved more... so inconsistent!

The NRL and Toddy had an opportunity to stamp some authority here and have failed miserably.

Well played Nick and Trent.;-)

TonyT6

First Grade
Just watched it and he is 100% right. We didn't deserve to win but ffs saints players were disgraceful with their laying down and Lazarus like recoveries. The Bunkum was even worse for encouraging that crap. Cummins is a disgrace. I'd love to donate to his fine.

Rein & Milne both stayed off, if Rein was acting why did he stay off for 30 minutes?

skeepe

Immortal
Wow. Roosters fans have sure made prize fools of themselves in this thread.

I feel embarrassed for them.

Delboy

First Grade
A great power play by Nick

Puts pressure on Greenberg and the refs for the rest of the season, $40k will be well worth it. How many times will Cummins get a Roosters game, any decisions if he does will be scrutinised by the media friends of the Rorters. We should never underestimate the power broker that is Nick.

_Johnsy

Referee
Saw this on Twitter today, did make me laugh.

BREAKING NEWS
Roosters sign unknown Fijian winger, Sooki Sooki La La

thommo4pm

Coach
A great power play by Nick

Puts pressure on Greenberg and the refs for the rest of the season, $40k will be well worth it. How many times will Cummins get a Roosters game, any decisions if he does will be scrutinised by the media friends of the Rorters. We should never underestimate the power broker that is Nick.

It also ensured Napa didn't get charged by the mrc.

Lambretta

First Grade
I'd take Trent seriously if he didn't start his crusade against refereeing when his side is 1-7. I'd also take him more seriously if he didn't only highlight decisions that went against his side. Why not acknowledge that your first two tries should never have been given?

He jumped the shark when he essentially compared his side to the ANZACs because they don't lie down.

So you missed the times we were winning games and losing every penalty count?

Did you miss when we won and Trent highlighted that players should not be allowed to simulate injuries to win penalties?

Trent has been talking about the things that are wrong in the game for a few years.

You can't dismiss these comments as sour grapes as its definitely not the case

Latest posts