What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10k fine coming for Trent

Cockosh

Juniors
you are talking shit now.

the mrc deeming penalty sufficient does not mean there was no offence.

So what is the offence then? If it's a shoulder he gets charged? If it's high he gets charged? He didn't get charged = no penalty

JamesRustle

First Grade
Why didn't Cam Smith get charged for touching a ref when others have? MRC aren't known for consistency.

Cockosh

Juniors
high contact, deemed penalty sufficient

High contact with what? Arm, shoulder? Any of those then he is charged.

They f**ked up. That simple. Wouldn't be an issue if ref called it but bunker called play back when they shouldn't have. That is a fact no matter how many times you move the goal posts.

JamesRustle

First Grade

They f**ked up. That simple. Wouldn't be an issue if ref called it but bunker called play back when they shouldn't have. That is a fact no matter how many times you move the goal posts.

Lucky they stuffed up.. would have been criminal when Roosters scored off the ensuing play and won.

Certainly a few issues to improve in our game, but the result was correct yesterday.

taxidriver

Coach

I've answered all your questions and yet you keep dodging a very simple one

does every penalty blown on the field for high contact or even the ones referred result in further action?

the MRC deciding to not press further charges does not exonerate the act

SET2JT

Juniors
Stupid time for Trent to have a go at the ref and bunker. The game was 18 nill when the ref gifted them two trys.
As for our boys staying down.... Rein and Milne never returned to the field.
The problem i had with the Ref was that he needed to make the calls on the late and high tackles and not the bunker.

End of the day you could argue the right calls were made by the bunker so lets move on.

DaSuperHero2

"Moderator"
I was the one that said you sold your soul in direct response to that morons comment about us. He can't rationally debate the issue at hand so starts with that crap.

2010 still hurts hey , Eastern Sydney , forever our bitch.
PS Morris was in

Cockosh

Juniors
I've answered all your questions and yet you keep dodging a very simple one

does every penalty blown on the field for high contact or even the ones referred result in further action?

the MRC deciding to not press further charges does not exonerate the act

No one is debating that. Of course not. The issue is the bunker making a call on something it has no scope to make a call on. The fact the mrc did not prosecute is confirmation they got it wrong. As I said if the ref calls it there is no issue. Bunker shouldn't be intervening unless it is foul play which this clearly wasn't. Have I answered your question. This is the gist of robin sons argument. They decided to make a call on something that takes the mrc hours to review. IT ISNT WITHIN THEIR MANDATE. THAT IS THE FRIGGEN PROBLEM.

ITs not an Easts or saints issue but a bigger problem. On top of the diving epidemic yesterday I'm not shocked Robbo lost his shit.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

You do realise that a high contact tackle doesn't need to be charged by the MRC for it to be considered a high contact tackle right?

You would have to hire an idiot to be this stupid.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Fair dinkum, this thread should have ended on page 10 when taxidriver posted this:

Guerra gave evidence during Justin Hodges’ judiciary hearing on Tuesday night that he had ­attempted to milk a penalty by ­giving the impression that the Brisbane centre had speared him into the ground during their preliminary final meeting last week.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...fa59ccfc0c2c0f

Give it up Rooster fans, you hypocrites.

BennyV

Referee
No one is debating that. Of course not. The issue is the bunker making a call on something it has no scope to make a call on. The fact the mrc did not prosecute is confirmation they got it wrong. As I said if the ref calls it there is no issue. Bunker shouldn't be intervening unless it is foul play which this clearly wasn't. Have I answered your question. This is the gist of robin sons argument. They decided to make a call on something that takes the mrc hours to review. IT ISNT WITHIN THEIR MANDATE. THAT IS THE FRIGGEN PROBLEM.

ITs not an Easts or saints issue but a bigger problem. On top of the diving epidemic yesterday I'm not shocked Robbo lost his shit.

You're having a pull, aren't you?

Of course it was foul play. Hence, the penalty.

Not everything that goes on report gets charged either. Doesn't mean it's not reportable.

BY your logic, all foul play is acceptable unless caught. If Roosters plays didn't hit high, late or shoulder charge, they wouldn't cop penalties, regardless of who called the penalty.

And lol @ diving epidemic - 2 players taken off the field due to concussion, Nightingale getting choked by a prop, but it's the victims fault for being hurt following the Roosters foul play.
From memory, there's 1 player in recent memory who's publicly admitted to diving. Wasn't a dragons player...

JamesRustle

First Grade
We're all the roosters players put on report after bunker intervention? If yes, what is the problem? Just because MRC didn't charge all of the players doesn't mean they weren't reportable.

There is a big disconnect between the parties responsible for adjudicating... if the bunker is picking up multiple reportable offences missed by the refs, then it is a ref problem. If the MRC doesn't charge a majority of these bunker identified offences then it is a bunker problem. If the MRC is inconsistent, there is a problem with the MRC. If all 3 of them have issues, it is an administration problem. Where to from here? I'd love to have a crack at sorting it out but it would be a thankless, and ultimately a fruitless task.

Cockosh

Juniors
You're having a pull, aren't you?

Of course it was foul play. Hence, the penalty.

Not everything that goes on report gets charged either. Doesn't mean it's not reportable.

BY your logic, all foul play is acceptable unless caught. If Roosters plays didn't hit high, late or shoulder charge, they wouldn't cop penalties, regardless of who called the penalty.

And lol @ diving epidemic - 2 players taken off the field due to concussion, Nightingale getting choked by a prop, but it's the victims fault for being hurt following the Roosters foul play.
From memory, there's 1 player in recent memory who's publicly admitted to diving. Wasn't a dragons player...

Actually the most recent is one of your former stalwarts

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...t/news-story/6af870d61b619e38a54dbadb78dd11ea

Guerra said what he needed to let his mate play in a gf

Dragons have a real culture of this. Can throw the milk man into the mix