What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10k fine coming for Trent

SBD82

Coach
I love the logic in this thread.

Nightingale: gets choked, refs miss it, stays down to get penalty = cat.

Garbo: gets trained to use grappling holds on wingers to slow down the play the ball, wraps a choke hold on one of the smallest players on the field and restricts his airflow. Gets penalised and his coach has a sook in a post match press conference = all that is manly.

If it wasn't for these grappling tactics in the ruck there would be no issue. The roosters didn't start it but they sure do drill it into their players. That coupled with the fact that the hooker waiting for nighty to play the ball can no longer punch the grubby merkin in the mouth for being a general shitmerkin means that lying down becomes a very attractive option.

You can't have it both ways. You want your players to be all that is man? Tell your monster front rowers to not choke wingers. f**king cowards.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Benji admitted they are coached to stay down last night to milk penalties.

Just thought I'd point that out.

carcharias

Immortal
Get over it FFS

Roosters were shit enough to be down 18-0 at halftime
They deserved to lose no matter how many 50/50 penalties went against them .

They were a complete rabble in defence .
Bloody hell they let the worst attacking team in years put 20 on them
2 of those points came in the 2nd half too!!!
That's how shit the roosters were.

coolumsharkie

Referee
The anti rooster shit here is mindless boof headed stuff.

You should be thanking Robinson for bringing it to the front for what everybody is complaining about since round 1- the refs and their bunker system is ruining the game.

They should get rid of it once and for all. Blokes on field have no clue or power, bloke in Bunker has his own set set of interpretations in the end the ref is a bunny to the bunker and comes out looking stupider than before .Cummins is a low end ref and needs his ass kicked.
Besides all that way too many changes over the last 15 years making the game to hard to officiate.

Turn the clock back to late eighties and early nineties and you will find the answer there.When the game was run the best .
Im dumbfounded that two refs are watching a try been scored and a one foot away and have to go the the bunker???
What are the touchys doing?.
I agree with Corey Parker if pricks are laying down -off to the side line for concussion tests .That will put an end to the actors guild .
Its damn pathetic that every second game can be decided by inept officials or momentum swing because they feel like it .

Everything 100% correct. ^^^^

Cockosh

Juniors
71% with him, 64% without him.

In the years he has reffed you, you have a 47% regular season win rate overall. 42% under Maxwell.

Not bad no matter how much you bullshit.

So there has only been 12 high shots this year? That's how many have been charged.

The Bunker didn't intervene or call it back at all. Milne dropped the ball, and the refs let play go until the Roosters got tackled, then called time off and asked the Bunker to review the contact. It happens like that 99% of the time.

The Bunker then reviewed and found a high tackle, so it went back to the penalty.

If you don't know what you are talking about, don't comment.

I pointed the same out and got no response. Apparently they should be guaranteed wins over the team that finished on the same amount of points as them, and twice over the team that won the premiership.

These are the same fans who still claim that Weyman took a dive in the grand final. Apparently your best prop staying off for 60 minutes was worth a penalty being given against Conn.

Although my favourite 2010 gf conspiracy theory was that half time was extended so it would rain in the 2nd half :lol:

It seems you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about. The bunker did intervene.

Archer addressed those criticisms, telling NRL.com that review officials Jared Maxwell and Bryan Norrie were right to prompt on-field referee Ben Cummins to blow the vital penalty.

You are also extremely selective with the stats you choose to trot out. We may have an 7-8 win loss record under Cummins but we have won 2 penalty counts in those 15 games. When you consider more recent results it justifies robinsons outburst.

According to the Fox Sports Lab, since winning the 2013 grand final with Cummins as assistant referee, the Roosters record under him stands at three wins from 10 since 2014 despite claiming two minor premierships in that same period, and they’ve failed to win a penalty count with Cummins in charge.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Asked if he jumped off the ground, as Hodges alleged, Guerra said: “Yep, it’s a bit like that. “To be honest, I played for the penalty.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...a/news-story/f1bd2a9ab87e2c9404299363c34585a9

It's called "what happens on the field stays on the field", and is one of the oldest unwritten rules in the game.

It's a rule well enforced at the Roosters, the same rule that saw Adrian Morley testify that he felt "no pressure" during a grapple tackle by Himdmarsh which saw him leave the field clutching his throat in order for Hindmarsh to not miss an origin game.

Players who would testify to try and get another player suspended are the biggest cats in the league

Last edited:

KiamaSaint

Coach
Benji admitted they are coached to stay down last night to milk penalties.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Lol, no he didn't. He was asked if "Coaches were telling their players to stay down?" he responded that he had never done it but that every team was guilty of it, a far cry from what you are suggesting he said. I thought tears only effected your eyes, apparently they block the ears as well.

Cockosh

Juniors
Everything 100% correct. ^^^^

Spot on. Many here are trying to make this about Easts only when there a wider issues at play.

The random intervention of the bunker is frustrating for everyone. Are saints fans not appalled that the bunker doesn't tell the ref that our second try is a knock on and completely miss it yet intervene on napas tackle?
How does Cummins not check that try given it was scramble. They either intervene for all or otherwise just for tries, dropouts etc.

Like many I was happy with bunker after Rd 2 but it has turned to shit. Paul Kent mentioned last night that Archer gave patten a serve for awarding the storm a try when in previous weeks it was obstruction. All because he was left alone in the bunker and use his discretion. What happened to the bunker being manned by the same people to get the consistency?

Cockosh

Juniors
Lol, no he didn't. He was asked if "Coaches were telling their players to stay down?" he responded that he had never done it but that every team was guilty of it, a far cry from what you are suggesting he said. I thought tears only effected your eyes, apparently they block the ears as well.

His exact words were "coaches say if you get hit in the head stay down, you know it's going up top"
Kent asked " do you guys do it"
He nervously replied "well i don't know if I've done it but you know?" Shrugging
Ikon asks "is it a player thing or message from coaches?"
Benji "it's within the rules, until they take it out it'll be there forever. Every team is guilty of it"

He hardly said I have never done it. Unconvincing and nervous.

BCH

Juniors
Spot on. Many here are trying to make this about Easts only when there a wider issues at play.

The random intervention of the bunker is frustrating for everyone. Are saints fans not appalled that the bunker doesn't tell the ref that our second try is a knock on and completely miss it yet intervene on napas tackle?
How does Cummins not check that try given it was scramble. They either intervene for all or otherwise just for tries, dropouts etc.

Like many I was happy with bunker after Rd 2 but it has turned to shit. Paul Kent mentioned last night that Archer gave patten a serve for awarding the storm a try when in previous weeks it was obstruction. All because he was left alone in the bunker and use his discretion. What happened to the bunker being manned by the same people to get the consistency?

That's the funny thing about this thread. There's just as much whinging from Saints fans about the decisions that went against them, and rightly so. It's a game wide issue here, not just about this game in particular which has highlighted the vast inadequacies of the bunker. And to think that Greenberg was telling all and sundry at the beginning of the season there would be zero mistakes in the bunker - lol.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
It's called "what happens on the field stays on the field", and is one of the oldest unwritten rules in the game.

It's a rule well enforced at the Roosters, the same rule that saw Adrian Morley testify that he felt "no pressure" during a grapple tackle by Himdmarsh which saw him leave the field clutching his throat in order for Hindmarsh to not miss an origin game.

Players who would testify to try and get another player suspended are the biggest cats in the league

No, I'm pretty sure it's just called "Delusional Behaviour".

Maximus

Coach
It takes a special kind of gutlessness to lay down on Anzac day.

But crying and complaining that everyone is against you is heroic right?

It seems you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about. The bunker did intervene.

Archer addressed those criticisms, telling NRL.com that review officials Jared Maxwell and Bryan Norrie were right to prompt on-field referee Ben Cummins to blow the vital penalty.

What? That doesn't disprove anything I said. Are you telling me that you believe the bunker told the refs to stop play and award a penalty, but then said "no wait, we better watch the video for 2 minutes first. That'll fool them", before awarding the penalty?

I've already explained it once for you. You can't be this stupid.

Did you also see Buettner's comments refuting your bullshit "he wasn't charged so it can't be a penalty" comment?

You are also extremely selective with the stats you choose to trot out. We may have an 7-8 win loss record under Cummins but we have won 2 penalty counts in those 15 games. When you consider more recent results it justifies robinsons outburst.

Don't Roosters fans like to tell everyone they've won about 5 penalty counts in the last 25 years? Based on the constant moaning, Cummins' percentage sounds like it would be quite high compared to other refs.

According to the Fox Sports Lab, since winning the 2013 grand final with Cummins as assistant referee, the Roosters record under him stands at three wins from 10 since 2014 despite claiming two minor premierships in that same period, and they?ve failed to win a penalty count with Cummins in charge.

And? Winning records with no context are irrelevant as a few of us have tried to point out to you on multiple occasions.

He reffed 8 games over those 2 years (You have a 50% record with him this year, and a 0% record without him, so clearly he is biased towards you this year. That's how it works right?). You won games over the Dragons and Bulldogs, both games you were expected to win. Now lets look at your other opponents.

Lost to the Sharks twice in 2015. Obviously biased. How could you lose twice to them? Lets look at your recent history against them. Over 2013-2015 when the Roosters finished minor premiers every year (Sharks finished 5th, 16th and 6th), your record against them is 2 wins and 4 losses. Now you've told us you only lost 2 of them because of Cummins, but what about the others? Perenara was a ref for all 4 (2 wins and 2 losses), but the 2nd ref is different each time, so obviously we can't accuse another ref of bias. Lets go a little bit further back to 2010. Your record is now 3 wins, 1 draw and 7 losses. Your regular season win percentage in that time is 59% compared to the Sharks 41%. How is it even possible that there could be such a huge discrepancy? Obviously it's just bias of some sort. There can be no other explanation.

So that's clear bias by Cummins displayed in 2 of the losses, what about the other 4?

You also lost to Melbourne in week 1 of the finals in 2015. Pretty shocking. Roosters were leading the head to head from 2013-2015 by 3-2. Surely that's a guaranteed win? Oh the Roosters were missing Pearce and JWH? Definitely the refs fault that Maloney missed a goal.

Now for 2014. You lost to Manly and their 16-8 record. Wait, isn't that the same record as the Roosters finished on? Hang on, Manly also won the other game that year? Clearly Cummins must have reffed them both? There's no way they would lose without Cummins as ref.

I've ridiculed you a few times already about how you think you should be guaranteed a win over the premiers, so I think I can skip the 2 losses against Souths, as it will just be more of the same.

Uh they didn't intervene because Cummins awarded it straight away. There would have been no time to have a look.

Isn't this kinda proof by the way about how you are wrong regarding the circumstances behind them looking at the Napa tackle?

JamesRustle

First Grade

Just not by coaches and captains and directors.