What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10k fine coming for Trent

Exsilium

First Grade
Don't know what the fuss is about, Penrith have only won 26% of games under Cummins.

Dragons & Roosters sitting at 48% respectively. Move on, nothing to see here.

Sean7

Juniors
The only time they get involved in general play rulings without being asked is to change who gets the feed at scrums, which they are pretty consistent with.

This is a serious question. Can they not reverse the decision at a scrum when it's a strip or interference with the play the ball? There were at least two today that should have been reversed as the replay clearly showed a strip or interference.

It happened in the Parramatta v Cowboys game too.

If they can reverse it on a strip, they are completely inconsistent in their reversals at scrums.

Maximus

Coach
Good on Robinson. Good on the Roosters for speaking up.

I do admit Cummins has it in for them. It's obvious to see over the years.

I just wish Madge would do the same about Maxwell as he does exactly the same thing to Souths as Cummins does to the Roosters.

Maxwell and Cummins are both a disgrace.

Souths have won 12 out of the last 18 with Maxwell. In the regular season:

2013 - 5 from 5 (18 and 6 overall) plus 1 from 1 in the finals.
2014 - 2 and 2 ((15 and 9). Includes a loss to Canberra at the end of a 3 game losing streak, and to the Cowboys who finished 1 win behind you.
2015 - 3 and 2 (13 and 11). Lost to Penrith the week before origin, and against the Bulldogs at the start of a 4 game losing streak (and without Luke).

So the regular season record over those 3 years with Maxwell was 71%. Overall 64%

nrlnrl

First Grade
Just watched it and he is 100% right. We didn't deserve to win but ffs saints players were disgraceful with their laying down and Lazarus like recoveries. The Bunkum was even worse for encouraging that crap. Cummins is a disgrace. I'd love to donate to his fine.

There were only 2 occasions that were questionable for lying down, people are making it seem like it was every tackle. I've never seen a Roosters player lie down & wait for a penalty though.

Maximus

Coach
This is a serious question. Can they not reverse the decision at a scrum when it's a strip or interference with the play the ball? There were at least two today that should have been reversed as the replay clearly showed a strip or interference.

It happened in the Parramatta v Cowboys game too.

If they can reverse it on a strip, they are completely inconsistent in their reversals at scrums.

I don't remember ever seeing them reverse the decision when a knock on is called and it was actually a strip. Not sure if they can or not though.

When a penalty is awarded for a strip, but it's actually a knock on, they can't, because the refs can't reverse the penalty.

Personally, I'm happy with them only interfering when who knocked on first is called incorrectly.

Cockosh

Juniors
So what's the problem then if he isn't robbing you?

Of your 6 regular season losses, he actually only reffed 2 of them. Both of those were games against Cronulla. He then reffed 2 of your 3 finals games, and you won 1 and lost 1.

The main gist of his complaint against Cummins was his treatment of our players. He then stated our winning ratio under him is far less than has been out average over the last 3 years. It is a fact even by your own numbers. You conveniently omit the fact we lost 3from 3 under him in 2014. He was also complaining about the feigning for penalties which most on here agree happens and despise. Do you disagree with him?

Are you happy for the Bunkum (funny isn't it) to play mrc every time someone plays dead? Are you happy when they get miraculously on the next play?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths have won 12 out of the last 18 with Maxwell. In the regular season:

2013 - 5 from 5 (18 and 6 overall) plus 1 from 1 in the finals.
2014 - 2 and 2 ((15 and 9). Includes a loss to Canberra at the end of a 3 game losing streak, and to the Cowboys who finished 1 win behind you.
2015 - 3 and 2 (13 and 11). Lost to Penrith the week before origin, and against the Bulldogs at the start of a 4 game losing streak (and without Luke).

So the regular season record over those 3 years with Maxwell was 71%. Overall 64%

Overall years before that too our record is worse under Maxwell.

When I said I didn't like Cecchin and he was bad others on here told me Maxwell is the ref we have the worst win rate under.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The main gist of his complaint against Cummins was his treatment of our players. He then stated our winning ratio under him is far less than has been out average over the last 3 years. It is a fact even by your own numbers. You conveniently omit the fact we lost 3from 3 under him in 2014. He was also complaining about the feigning for penalties which most on here agree happens and despise. Do you disagree with him?

Are you happy for the Bunkum (funny isn't it) to play mrc every time someone plays dead? Are you happy when they get miraculously on the next play?

You are correct.

Just ignore Maximus he just can't comprehend basic things.

Cockosh

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol:

Quality melt down. f**king sooks..

Go lay down mate. Must be so proud watching your team win by milking penalties. Embarrassing. Do they compete for the Michael Weyman award for diving? Lucky he is bald or he'd collapse every time he got a haircut.

Jason Maher

Immortal

What is the point of the fact? Why bring it up?

Go lay down mate. Must be so proud watching your team win by milking penalties. Embarrassing. Do they compete for the Michael Weyman award for diving? Lucky he is bald or he'd collapse every time he got a haircut.

Wow. A bit of 2010 butthurt. Nice. Makes the win today even sweeter. :lol:

Cockosh

Juniors
What is the point of the fact? Why bring it up?

Wow. A bit of 2010 butthurt. Nice. Makes the win today even sweeter. :lol:

A bit of 2015 hurt as well with Aitken. Seems to be a theme at the dragons. Enjoy it if you like that sort of thing. You'd love soccer.

Sean7

Juniors
I don't remember ever seeing them reverse the decision when a knock on is called and it was actually a strip. Not sure if they can or not though.

When a penalty is awarded for a strip, but it's actually a knock on, they can't, because the refs can't reverse the penalty.

Personally, I'm happy with them only interfering when who knocked on first is called incorrectly.

I can't agree with the last sentence. They should be aiming for a correct decision or they shouldn't using it at all. They miss a strip or they miss a knock on, there is no difference. The effect is the same. Either they try to get them all right or they leave the general play decisions to the on-field referee.

Parraren

Bench
I agree with Robinson regarding the bunker getting involved in making/changing decisions because someone's lying down. It's becoming a farce.

It really is becoming worse than soccer. Never thought I'd say that.

The bunker should ONLY be used for checking try's. That's it. Even that is bad enough.

Would put an immediate stop to players staying down. Leave that shit to the match review.

Jason Maher

Immortal
A bit of 2015 hurt as well with Aitken. Seems to be a theme at the dragons. Enjoy it if you like that sort of thing. You'd love soccer.

I note you didn't answer my question. Why did Trent bring up the fact of your win percentage under Cummins? Why do you think it is relevant? What are you and Trent driving at by emphasising it?

Maximus

Coach

But you can't just look at winning record and say he is biased. Is he the reason you are losing? I brought up the Sharks games before. Is it his fault you didn't get up for either game? Should we blame the ref because you lost to a bogey side?

In 2009 and 2010, the Dragons went a combined 34 and 14. They played 3 games against Canberra and lost all 3 (which seems like an anomaly). Should we be looking at the refs and claiming they are biased? Or is it just the fact we struggle against Canberra for whatever reason?

In 2014 the 3 games you lost were a rd 1 game against your main rivals (and eventual premiers), a prelim final against the same team, and a game against the previous season's runners up, who finished on the same record as you. Doesn't sound that unusual for those games to go either way to me.

I'm happy for them to rule on these tackles because they are right more often than they are wrong.

Overall years before that too our record is worse under Maxwell.

When I said I didn't like Cecchin and he was bad others on here told me Maxwell is the ref we have the worst win rate under.

2006 - 0 from 3 (3 and 24 overall). Still would have won the wooden spoon.
2007 - 0 from 2 (12 and 12). Both losses were against Melbourne.
2008 - 0 from 2 (8 and 16). Again Melbourne, and a round 24 match against a Canberra side fighting for a spot in the top 8 (while souths were 14th).
2009 - 0 from 1 (11 and 12). An early season loss against the team that won the previous year's grand final 40-0.
2010 - 1 and 2 (11 and 13)
2011 - 1 and 2 (11 and 13). Loss against the Dragons during their 9 game winning streak, and a Brisbane side 5 games into an 8 game winning streak.

So 2010 is the only year you might have some complaint. 1 year out of 9.

adamkungl

Immortal
I note you didn't answer my question. Why did Trent bring up the fact of your win percentage under Cummins? Why do you think it is relevant? What are you and Trent driving at by emphasising it?

Here's a question for ya.

Are you happy when your team repeatedly lies down for penalties? Are you proud that your team is clearly coached to dive?

nrlnrl

First Grade

People see what they want to. Interpretation of events are very different depending on who is recalling what they saw.

The stat mentioned by T-Boon is interesting ( Roosters winning 3 of their last 4 refereed by Cummins). Trent Robinson didn't mention that. He also didn't talk about the pass in the lead up to one of their tries that was blatantly forward, i.e. at 45 degrees & the knock on in another.

Maybe that's just my interpretation or maybe it is the mounting frustration from a coach during during a difficult season?

Latest posts