What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$10k fine for Anasta?

andrew057

First Grade
bartman said:
Point is Bwaith wouldn't have the guts to say what he said inthe press conference to Faalogo's face. Trying to fight with his safe words instead of taking it to the man.

Tough luck Anasta, it's a tough game. You committed a foul and got penalised. And you got some treatment for what your foul deserved, for which I'm sure the guy will face some penalty of his own.

But you're still whinging?

Congrats LU for having geniuss like this representing your site.

Dazzraider

Juniors
Good on you mate for hitting Anasta, obvious he wouldn;t start swinging if nothing had been sone to him.
should let it go as theres nothing wrong with a punch in the head to such a whinging bitch

Mr Saab

Referee
OVP said:
Shes in her 20s, i aint so stupid as not to find out, one wouldnt want to be labelled a paedo in these sick "throw the first stone" times.

Considering that was the 2003 GF and she was around 14-15 at that stage, she would not be in her 20s

cq

Juniors
From today's SMH

Clubs may tackle charges

Greg Prichard and Glenn Jackson | September 4, 2007

THE Bulldogs and South Sydney will each hold high-powered meetings this morning to decide the judiciary fates of Kiwi Test stars Sonny Bill Williams and David Fa'alogo, who each face the possibility of missing the finals after being charged by the match review committee yesterday.

Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes said yesterday the incident for which Williams was charged with grade-two striking was "innocuous", while Fa'alogo, who was charged with grade-four striking, said he threw a punch as a reaction to being "choked".

Williams is looking at a two-match ban if he pleads guilty or three weeks if he contests the charge and is found guilty. Fa'alogo is looking at five or seven games.

Folkes said the challenge by Williams on Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston, who was hit high after kicking the ball, did not warrant Williams missing the qualifying final against North Queensland at Dairy Farmers Stadium on Saturday night.

"He shouldn't be penalised out of finals football for something that was innocuous," he said. "I think that, with striking, you need to show intent, and I don't think there was any intent from Sonny to hit him in the head."

Fa'alogo apologised yesterday for punching Sydney Roosters five-eighth Braith Anasta in Saturday's game, but argued he had been provoked.

"I felt like I was getting choked, that's why I got up and did what I did," Fa'alogo said. "I felt out of breath and couldn't breathe. I feel terrible about what I have done and I regret doing it. I want to apologise to the fans and my teammates for what I have done."

Souths chief executive Shane Richardson said while the club did not condone what Fa'alogo did, he inferred Anasta had made a grapple tackle on the Rabbitohs forward. Anasta was not charged over the tackle and review boss Greg McCallum said: "We didn't feel it was a grapple tackle. He [Anasta] holds him, but at no time is the head or neck locked down. It's a wrapping tackle. He held him down a bit too long and that's why he was penalised. If Fa'alogo had attempted to move he would have been able to move."

Souths co-owner Peter Holmes a Court blasted the decision not to charge Anasta, saying: "I don't understand why it's OK to strangle a person, and you don't get charged for that. I don't have anything against Braith, but I'm disappointed you can put that much pressure on someone's windpipe and apparently it's not a problem. I'm really upset he wasn't charged."

Richardson said club and legal representatives would meet today to decide whether to accept a penalty or contest the charge. Folkes said the Bulldogs were doing the same.

The Rabbitohs, who play Manly at Brookvale Oval on Saturday, have adopted a siege mentality as they prepare for the club's first finals game since 1989. Five players are available to the media today, but after that all will be off limits for the rest of the week - with only coach Jason Taylor talking.

Anasta was not fined for his criticism, during and after the game, of referee Ben Cummins.

But NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said club bosses would be warned at today's chief executives' conference that criticism of match officials by players would not be tolerated.

In other news, Manly prop Brent Kite is likely to be out until the grand final - if the Sea Eagles make it - after scans revealed a tear to his adductor muscle. Broncos fullback Karmichael Hunt will not return this season as his injured hamstring has not healed.[/B)

Time to move on kiddies.

yobbo84

Coach
cq said:
Greg McCallum said: "We didn't feel it was a grapple tackle. He [Anasta] holds him, but at no time is the head or neck locked down. It's a wrapping tackle. He held him down a bit too long and that's why he was penalised. If Fa'alogo had attempted to move he would have been able to move."

faalogo.jpg

Yes Greg, his head and neck are not locked down. That's why you can see strain on Anasta'a arm and Dave's face. I mean, Dave coulda just moved the weight of Anasta and Tupou if he wanted to. He is superhuman after all :roll:

sretsoor

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
faalogo.jpg

Yes Greg, his head and neck are not locked down. That's why you can see strain on Anasta'a arm and Dave's face. I mean, Dave coulda just moved the weight of Anasta and Tupou if he wanted to. He is superhuman after all :roll:

IMO Braifs arm is not flexing. Likewise his palm is face down on the ball as during the whole tackle his hand remains on the ball to prevent the offload. Again at no point does his hand leave the ball to grapple therefore he was not charged. The tackle ends up the way it is more so from Tupou pushing anasta down, as you see in everygame. Now we will see what happens at the judiciary.

It's just sad that this punch has taken away the spotlight that should be blinding the incompetance of ref that night.

NGR

Juniors
sretsoor said:
IMO Braifs arm is not flexing. Likewise his palm is face down on the ball as during the whole tackle his hand remains on the ball to prevent the offload. Again at no point does his hand leave the ball to grapple therefore he was not charged. The tackle ends up the way it is more so from Tupou pushing anasta down, as you see in everygame. Now we will see what happens at the judiciary.

It's just sad that this punch has taken away the spotlight that should be blinding the incompetance of ref that night.
your a muppet, where is daves neck? oh its covered by braiths arm.. :roll:

Misty Bee said:
Fa'alongo should get a ticker tape parade down George Street for that one. Anasta's comments were disgusting, and below the belt, especially toward the referee. I notice Anasta is good at abusing people in the media if he has had an altercation with him. He's a knob. Chooks fans, he is tarnishing your proud club.

And I'd be VERY surprised if the club doesn't cop a big repremand from the NRL for it.

Source (link): http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqmatchreport/roosters-fume-after-rabbit-punch/2007/09/01/1188067431798.html

good on Anasta and Freddy - the souths player showed cowardice by hitting someone not even looking and deserves 10 weeks on the sideline including 500 hours of community service and a 2 year suspended sentence.

misty bee buzz off

sretsoor

Juniors
NGR said:
your a muppet, where is daves neck? oh its covered by braiths arm.. :roll:

I must be then, I'll be animal. But I guess I'm in good company with the commentators at the time, the judiciary, all the 'experts' like columnist's but hey, we're all wrong but you. :crazy: