What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$10k fine for Anasta?

skeepe

Immortal
When the judiciary decides how long Fa'alogo should be suspended for, they need only look to the last player to king-hit someone who fouled him - Trent Barrett. How long did Barrett get for his cowardly attack on PJ Marsh?

black cat

Juniors
i believe the last player was j lowe this year,ironically a souths player,seems they are getting in the habit of king hitting people

That photo means bugger-all.

There's no tension in his arm therefore loose grip means no grapple.
Anyway if the ref thought it was a grapple he would have put it on report and
JT could have complained about the tackle but didn't.

I don't expect anyone to listen to me but maybe some of you should listen to every ex player and commentator who had no dramas with the tackle.

After a week of hype, including George coming out of the woodwork, the ref's loss of control of the game and Souths failing to score despite a mountain of possession on the back of crowd penalties culminated in Fa'alogo actions.

Fa'alogo should be rubbed out for the rest of the season.

Anasta was hard done by that night and I can't blame his reaction. However the great players put their head down and get on with the game. A great example is the way Brad Fittler got on with his game despite the blatant high shot (that escaped penalty) he copped in the 02 grandfinal.

I would also like to add if the NRL let Anasta's comments go they'll set a dangerous precedent.

A 10k fine like the coaches get should suffice and a long video session of that said grandfinal.

cheers

skeepe

Immortal
Babyface O'reilly said:
Anasta was hard done by that night and I can't blame his reaction. However the great players put their head down and get on with the game. A great example is the way Brad Fittler got on with his game despite the blatant high shot (that escaped penalty) he copped in the 02 grandfinal.

An accidental head clash is not a high shot.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
RE: the cowardly remarks - All of them are. Using the press as a shield.

I can only imagine Timmah's reaction if the it had of been SBW or Mason in Anasta's place.

Actually I am going to leave it alone lol.

sretsoor

Juniors
Timmah said:
Gee, evidence sure is damning, ain't it?

As I said, you can see Briaths hand is face down on the ball as he is trying to stop any offload. His hand is not around the throat. Yes his arm is over the shoulder but that does not constitute a 'grapple' tackle.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
His entire arm is around the throat - that's what a f**king grapple is.

If you think that tackle isn't dangerous then I suggest a psychiatrist.

sretsoor

Juniors
Timmah said:
His entire arm is around the throat - that's what a f**king grapple is.

If you think that tackle isn't dangerous then I suggest a psychiatrist.

Really. I would argue his arm is over his shoulder with hand down on the ball. At no point does he take his hand from the ball and grip him in a headlock aka 'grapple' but as others have pointed out, you're clearly biased so I'll leave it at that.

punton

Juniors
black cat said:
i believe the last player was j lowe this year,ironically a souths player,seems they are getting in the habit of king hitting people

In both instances, the Souths players have hammered the offending cat from the play the ball indiscretion one on one and in their face.

A king hit is when your back is turned.

In both instances, ball molester Delaney and the grappling arsebusta sqeualed like cats when they were dealt with by hard men on the field.

Old school and against the rules?

f**k oath.

Crowd love it, especially one on arsebusta?

Price of admission times 10. :lol: :lol:

NGR

Juniors
sretsoor said:
Really. I would argue his arm is over his shoulder with hand down on the ball. At no point does he take his hand from the ball and grip him in a headlock aka 'grapple' but as others have pointed out, you're clearly biased so I'll leave it at that.
your blind then...

his hand is holding daves shoulder thus tightening the grapple...

punton

Juniors
sretsoor said:

Bullsh*t.

He applies secondary force in the grapple, clear as day.

The squealing cat should be facing quite a few charges.

skeepe

Immortal
sretsoor said:
As I said, you can see Briaths hand is face down on the ball as he is trying to stop any offload. His hand is not around the throat. Yes his arm is over the shoulder but that does not constitute a 'grapple' tackle.

You actually saw the photo posted earlier in this thread, didn't you?

melon....

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Fa'alongo should get a ticker tape parade down George Street for that one. Anasta's comments were disgusting, and below the belt, especially toward the referee. I notice Anasta is good at abusing people in the media if he has had an altercation with him. He's a knob. Chooks fans, he is tarnishing your proud club.

And I'd be VERY surprised if the club doesn't cop a big repremand from the NRL for it.

Source (link): http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqmatchreport/roosters-fume-after-rabbit-punch/2007/09/01/1188067431798.html

Oh look...that old Parra whinger is back. havent heard a moan from you in a while Misty.

PS Finch is about to blow it for you. LOL.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Fa'alongo should get a ticker tape parade down George Street for that one. Anasta's comments were disgusting, and below the belt, especially toward the referee. I notice Anasta is good at abusing people in the media if he has had an altercation with him. He's a knob. Chooks fans, he is tarnishing your proud club.

And I'd be VERY surprised if the club doesn't cop a big repremand from the NRL for it.

Source (link): http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqmatchreport/roosters-fume-after-rabbit-punch/2007/09/01/1188067431798.html

lol @ disgrace just about every one i know thought Anasta was funny when he was screaming at the ref "your off your head".

If Anasta gets a fine ill be happy to chuck something towards it. Gave me a good laugh and he was right in everything he said.