What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | All Stars | Feb 12 | NRL 28 IND 12 | Skilled

All Stars result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

typicalfan

Coach
Petero had a terrific game. His form was down last year but he is a champion and champions bounce back.

All I know is Uate is a must in blue, Boyd and even Tuqiri/Vidot would struggle to contain him.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
A much better Allstars concept would be to have a NRL allstars team play the previous seasons GF winner,You can't tell me you wouldn't rather watch the Dragons(or whoever wins the GF from now on) vs NRL Allstars then this other crap.

Keep in mind that NRL Allstars means that anyone in the NRL could play for that team so indigenous players still have a chance to make that team.

Ausguy

Coach
Do you expect rep quality footy?
Jeez some are hard to please....its Feb and the players havent had a run in 3 or 4 months

Innsane... i think you kinda got me wrong on what im trying to say.

Spose what i mean is dont do all this hoo haa before the game and talk it up if the quality is so low...if its not a rep game dont treat it like one. I just think the concept is at the wrong time of the year. The charity shield is more of a real contest than the all stars game IMO.

I dont see the ASG as the official kickoff to the season, FNF in rnd 1 is the kickoff to the season.

skeepe

Immortal
f**k me there's some wet blankets on this forum. This is a fantastic concept that has done wonderful things, and so many of you can do nothing but whinge. Ridiculous.

Tigger Madness

Juniors
One thing was proven tonight: the general public can produce a better team than the nsw selectors!

Dugan and uate were both great. Jennings wasn't too bad either.

Jono078

Referee
Josh Dugan got the Preston Campbell MOTM award.

I would have given it to Benji Marshall myself.

adamkungl

Immortal
Looks like we'll be seeing another year of baffling try/no try calls. how was Merrit's a try but Gallen's not (they were both clearly no try imo)?

And Cummins is still a useless merkin, mid-air tackle my arse.
The rule about not hitting kickers is still pissweak, also. Man up peahearts

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I know I am hell biased but I thought TLL was alright considering some of the divs he was playing with. Terrible knee at the start aside.

boxhead

First Grade
Whilst he wasn't underserving there were definitely far better players on the park tonight than Josh Dugan, i.e. Matt Scott, Benji Marshall and Cameron Smith. One of those three deserved the Preston Campbell medal.

I'll ask something different, who do you guys think was the best player for the Indigenous?
It's hard to pick really....Bowen, Mitchell (maybe), Idris, I have no idea.

typicalfan

Coach
Dugan

I dont really agree, but could be a worse.
Was in the top 3 but yeah neither do I although I wouldn't say it is a rort. Slater and Boyd got the last CC medals and I thought comparatively Dugan's game tonight was better than either.

Matt Scott would have been mine, Benji was close.

typicalfan

Coach
Whilst he wasn't underserving there were definitely far better players on the park tonight than Josh Dugan, i.e. Matt Scott, Benji Marshall and Cameron Smith. One of those three deserved the Preston Campbell medal.

I'll ask something different, who do you guys think was the best player for the Indigenous?
It's hard to pick really....Bowen, Mitchell (maybe), Idris, I have no idea.
Bowen for me. He stood out.

Liddell

Juniors
Looks like we'll be seeing another year of baffling try/no try calls. how was Merrit's a try but Gallen's not (they were both clearly no try imo)?

And Cummins is still a useless merkin, mid-air tackle my arse.
The rule about not hitting kickers is still pissweak, also. Man up peahearts

What was wrong with Merritt's?

boxhead

First Grade
What did you all think of the Indigenous 21?
Anthony Mitchell - thought he was easily one of the best players for the Indigenous team and one of the better players on the field.