What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Finals Wk 1 | Sat | Broncos 40-10 Warriors | Suncorp

FW1: BRI v WAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-bri-main.jpg

1. Gerard Beale 2. Dale Copley 3. Jack Reed 4. Justin Hodges 5. Jharal Yow Yeh 6. Darren Lockyer 7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Ben Hannant 11. Alex Glenn 12. Ben Te'o 13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Matt Gillett 15. Ben Hunt 16. Scott Anderson 17. David Hala

2011teams-nzw-alt.jpg

1. Kevin Locke 2. Bill Tupou 3. Joel Moon 4. Shaun Berrigan 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. James Maloney 7. Shaun Johnson
8. Sam Rapira 9. Aaron Heremaia 10. Jacob Lillyman 11. Feleti Mateo 12. Simon Mannering 13. Micheal Luck

Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Lance Hohaia 16. Ben Matulino 17. Russell Packer
Extended Bench: 18. Ukuma Ta'ai

2011ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jared Maxwell and Shayne Hayne
Touch Judges: Steve Carrall and Ricky MacFarlane
Video Referee: Sean Hampstead and Tim Mander

Toyota Cup Finals Series Week 1
Click here for draw & discussion

QRL Intrust Super Cup Finals Series Week 1

NSW Cup Finals Series Week 1

nrl2011-fw1briwar.jpg

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
Go the Warriors, but Harrigan's whores will get gravelmouth and his nuffies over the line.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If Thaiday and Hoffman are out, I'm leaning toward the Warriors.

bartman

Immortal
Should be a good contest imo. Broncs will be a tough understrength and the Warriors could pip just them...

hitman82

Bench
I expect the referees to rape us.

But after watching Manly vs Broncos I'm glad we're not playing Manly this weekend.

Should be a fantastic game; we should have Berrigan and Vatuvei back. Hopefully the big guy is fully fit for a change, or he will be a massive defensive liability.

Disappointed I won't get to see Ukuma Ta'ai vs Sam Thaiday - what a brutal match up that would be.

Noa

First Grade
Broncos will have a very nervous sleep on Saturday as the Cowboys will beat the Eagles and the Warriors will win.

dpnz1

Juniors
When warriors play broncos at suncorp, tv coverage seems to suggest there is a huge warrior fan turnout at these games. Must be a lot of kiwis living in Brisbane.

I’m flying from Christchurch to see the game Saturday night.

Have been told Vodafone Warriors supporter bays will be located in sections 317 and 721.

Keen to get amongst the kiwi crowd, but are these fans more widespread than just these bays?

user_nat

Coach
I was at the Warriors game last month, certainly no shortage of Kiwis all over the place.

Also a very vocal bunch.

dpnz1

Juniors
SWEEEET

Thought so, I remembered back to the broncos vs warriors game where we gave them a hiding at suncorp.. you could hear the crowd counting the time down!! That is something that you do not see often.. a home crowd counting time down when the home team is losing.

So if we just try to get seats in say the eastern stand rather than the specific warrior bays, there will be plenty of warrior fans all round?

Rebel

First Grade
It's hard to be confident playing in brisbane, but I think the Warriors can do it.

blaza88z

Coach
it's not all doom and gloom, lose hoffman and probably thaiday and get back hodges

beale's best footy has been at fullback anyway

It should be close to a sell out game. There is a large Warriors supporter contigent in SEQLDand we all know how big the Broncos fanbase is. I am leaning towards the Broncos at this stage but I'm going to wait until the teams are named before I try to pick a winner.

Hoffman will be a loss, he has been in superb form. Beale is sound though, he'll do a solid job at the back. If Hodges plays, it'll add experience and a good attacking option. He'll slot into center with Te'o either moving to the bench or replacing Thaiday at the scrum (should Thaiday be suspended). But as they have shown through out the season, the Broncos have great depth and cover for injured/suspended players.

The Warriors bounced back from their loss to the Dragons to grind out a messy win against the Cowboys. The Warriors usually put up a good fight at Suncorp, so I'm not sure how much of a factor playing there will be. They potentially play a Thaiday-less Broncos and depending on their own injuries, the Warriors are a pretty good chance of picking up an upset win over the home side.

Latest posts