What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Finals Wk 1 | Sat | Sea Eagles 42-8 Cowboys | SFS

FW1: MAN v NQL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beave

Coach
???

In the 3 years we've made the finals, we've made the GF once and made it to the GF qualifying game the other 2 times......... I don't know how that can be called 'choking'.

seaeagle sam

???

In the 3 years we've made the finals, we've made the GF once and made it to the GF qualifying game the other 2 times......... I don't know how that can be called 'choking'.

This, beave, is because most people around here don't know the actual definition of choking. This includes young Mr Bronson.

Shorty

Staff member
cowgirls

foran and evans wont be able to deal with the pressure of finals footy just yet, g.stewart is a big loss.

cowgirls always seem to choke around this tim of year though
I think you mean we've choked actually getting to the finals.
For years now we've started well and missed them barely or major.

Anyway, I think Manly are beatable and we have the side capable of doing it.
Beave, chin up, it's not like we have been getting flogged it's just there's been something missing....rest assured Bowen and Thurston mean business in the finals and I believe they'll lift their game.

If we lose, we lose, it builds nicely for next year.

Moffo

Referee
Toughest game of the wk end, I can see the cows pulling something out of their arse

Sean18

Juniors
If the Cowboys turn up they can beat Manly, but based on the Cowboys recent form thats a big if.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Third Qualifying Final - 2nd v 7th
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v North Queensland Cowboys

Saturday 10 September 2011, kickoff 8:30pm; Sydney Football Stadium
Live TV: Channel 9 NSW/QLD; Live Radio: 2GB, ABC + Networks
Referees: Ben Cummins and Gavin Badger; Touch Judges: David Abood and Luke Potter; Video Referee: Steve Clark and Bernard Sutton

Sea Eagles: 1. Brett Stewart 2. Michael Robertson 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. William Hopoate 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Joe Galuvao 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Vic Mauro 13. Shane Rodney
Interchange: 14. Tim Robinson 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. George Rose 17. Tony Williams 18. Terence Seu Seu
Cowboys: 1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Willie Tonga 5. Kalifa Faifai Loa 6. Ray Thompson 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Matthew Scott 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange: 14. James Segeyaro 15. Scott Bolton 16. Jason Taumalolo 17. Ashton Sims 18. Cory Paterson

TEAMS for all four grades - Finals Week One - http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21948

Lowdown

Juniors
Cowboys in a boil-over. By 14.

The return of Dallas Johnson will provide much needed confidence to the Cows, and Thurston/Bowen will relish the return to finals footy.

That combined with a far-from-ideal build up for Manly - and the loss of not only Glen Stewart but King as well will continue to hurt Manly. At Brookvale they would be certs. At SFS, this one is far closer than most dare admit.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Manly by 8. This will be a tough game. Thurston and Bowen are due for one of their specials, but I think the Eagles consistently good defence and tenacity gets them over the line.
Foran to have a blinder and get MoM.

ceagle

Bench
The whole team has been in Sydney since monday, they're holding a mini-camp in preparation
Wasn't the captains call yesterday? They said Matt Scott couldn't make it because he couldn't fly down, so they must of still been in nth qld.

Latest posts