What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Finals Wk 1 | Sat | Sea Eagles 42-8 Cowboys | SFS

FW1: MAN v NQL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sleep

Juniors
Thurston knows he hasn't been playing well since returning from his knee injury and is talking it up in the media. Could go either way for him. Too much pressure and not happen or he could fire.

If he fires the Cowboys are in with a real shot. They need him at the top of his game to progress in the finals. Earlier this year he was in near career best form and carving teams up at will.

ceagle

Bench
Hopefully the latest debacle with Zorba doesn't hamper our performance on Saturday.

Sleep

Juniors
Brett Stewart is in doubt. If he's out that's a huge blow. Hopoate has been out a while and won't be 100%.

Oldfield is a handy depth player but they'd still be hurting.

ceagle

Bench
I have heard that B.Stewart and Thurston both are in doubt. Sources are saying that Manly are weighing up letting Stewart play this week or resting him for next week.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I have heard that B.Stewart and Thurston both are in doubt. Sources are saying that Manly are weighing up letting Stewart play this week or resting him for next week.

Any idea what's supposed to be wrong with Thurston? You couldn't get enough on Manly at $1.43 if he's out.

Didgi

Way too much support for us in here...

Also, Scott and JT were in Sydney for the Dally Ms, they don't have to go down twice.

ceagle

Bench
Any idea what's supposed to be wrong with Thurston? You couldn't get enough on Manly at $1.43 if he's out.
A source said he will play, but if it wasn't a elimination finals game he wouldn't of been a chance tomorrow. He still doesn't have much range of motion in his knee since it is heavily strapped, and I think he tweaked a bit last week.

Last edited:

BDR

First Grade

Where did you hear this about Thurston? I closely follow all news about the club and haven't heard as much as a whisper.

All I've heard all week is Thurston promising his biggest game since returning from injury.

ceagle

Bench
It is crucial we kick high to Hoppa over Fai Fai Loa (spelling?). If you watch the Cowboys play, he never competes for bombs and is poor under the high ball, Hoppa probably our strongest under the high ball, will be able to jump right over him, DCE needs to put up a few nice kicks to that corner.

ceagle

Bench
Final team list

Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
Will Hopoate
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Joe Galuvao
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Tony Williams
Shane Rodney

Vic Mauro
Tim Robinson
Jamie Buhrer
George Rose

user_nat

Coach
I think Manly should be too strong here. Cows will need thurston at his best, and he hasn't been near that since injury.

Gmac

Juniors
Fmd I feel so guilty being at work n not able to go tonight but manly fans where the f**k are you???

Danish

Referee
I wonder who will have a more pathetic week 1 crowd? Manly in '11 or Saints in '10?

Latest posts