What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Finals Wk 2 | Sat | Broncos 13-12* Dragons | Suncorp

FW2: BRI v STI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snappy

Coach
Just got my ticket. Hopefully someone picks up my shift for Saturday night so I can actually go.

Looking at the current ticket availability, there's little doubt his will be a sellout.

Yeh tix are selling very quick this morning. Are you in the Dragons supporters bay 332 ?

Also there is a bad flu going around. I think you might have it by the weekend and have to miss work cause you cant get out of bed.

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Yeh tix are selling very quick this morning. Are you in the Dragons supporters bay 332 ?

Also there is a bad flu going around. I think you might have it by the weekend and have to miss work cause you cant get out of bed.

I've actually had 3 breaks from work in the last month with repeated bouts of tonsilitis. I already have my excuse. ;-)

user_nat

Coach
Interesting that they have put an away supporters bay right in the middle and labeled the one next to it as a home supporters bay. Never seen that before at Suncorp.

Snappy

Coach
I didnt notice the home supporter bay. which one is that 331 or 333 ?

I usually sit in 332 but had to get 331 for this match as some of those dragon fans cant take a loss and a few jibes to well at all.

user_nat

Coach
Actually I think I may have been misinformed. Was talking to a Dragons fan at work and they said that they couldn't get tickets right next to 332 (not sure which side) because it was a "home bay", but I can't see any evidence of that on ticketek.

Last edited:

InThatNumber

Juniors

I usually sit in 332 but had to get 331 for this match as some of those dragon fans cant take a loss and a few jibes to well at all.
Hope you are still there at fulltime if God forbid the impossible happens and the Dragons win. You know, to cop the jibes and all...

Jason Maher

Immortal

Hey, it wasn't our decision to recategorise bay 317 as Cat 2 and move the away supporters bay to 332.

And I don't take losing well at all. I'll PM you my seat number so you know which way to direct your taunts. ;-)

josh1111

Juniors
If that out of form team is the Dragons then yes I would not be wanting to play them if I was Manly. Backed up by the comments of two Eagles fans no less after I posed the question.
Manly know Saints can get up to play them in a big match and when their form has been down (as evidenced in Round 16 when Manly were on a hot streak and Saints were poor), Saints would outnumber Manly in support in an all Sydney final and that is not in dispute and Manly showed enough in Round 26 that they would do well against Brisbane were they to have their full compliment of players (which the did not have that night but narrowly lost). So yes, in this instance, were I Manly I would rather play the in form Broncos than the out of form Dragons.

That game in round 26 should have been 24 to nil at half time except for bad goal kicking and a bad video ref call. We didn't come out in the second half but still stopped their momentum (manly only missing 2 forwards) and win the game. Doesn't matter because the Dragons are slim to no chance of beating the Broncs so bring on Manly.

Last edited:

2010Dragons

Bench
I'm quitely confident the Dragons will beat the Broncos.
Last time we played round 15 2011, the Broncos won the game with a forward pass ....remember?
Last time we played, we had B.Morris, M.Cooper, B.Scott D.Young, B. Creagh B. Hornby all out....remember?
This time it won't be the same.....you won't forget this game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2nd Semi Final
Brisbane Broncos v St George Illawarra Dragons

Saturday 17 September 2011, kickoff 6:45pm; Suncorp Stadium
Live TV: Channel 9 NSW/QLD; Live Radio: 2GB, ABC + Networks
Referees: Matt Cecchin and Tony Archer; Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Dan Eastwood; Video Referees: Russell Smith and Steve Clark

Broncos: 1. Gerard Beale 2. Dale Copley 3. Jack Reed 4. Justin Hodges 5. Jharal Yow Yeh 6. Darren Lockyer (c) 7. Peter Wallace 8. Josh McGuire 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Ben Hannant 11. Alex Glenn 12. Ben T'eo 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Matt Gillett 15. Ben Hunt 16. Scott Anderson 17. David Hala
Dragons: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c) 8. Dan Hunt 9. Nathan Fien 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Dean Young
Interchange: 14. Jon Green 15. Matt Prior 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Trent Merrin 18. Mitch Rein

http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21978

mongoose

Coach
Got a funny feeling the Dragons will get up.

Bennett just needs to utter the words..... we got this

Snappy

Coach
Hope you are still there at fulltime if God forbid the impossible happens and the Dragons win. You know, to cop the jibes and all...

Sure will mate. I can take some good humoured barbs at the footy, and have a laugh. After all, its just footy.
However some Red V fans Ive encounted after games at Suncorp in the past havent been so light hearted, rather very serious and unfriendly.

Please also notice in my above post I said 'some', not all.

snogard6

Juniors
Sure will mate. I can take some good humoured barbs at the footy, and have a laugh. After all, its just footy.
However some Red V fans Ive encounted after games at Suncorp in the past havent been so light hearted, rather very serious and unfriendly.

Please also notice in my above post I said 'some', not all.

Yeah, and all Broncos fans can take a loss and some good humoured jibes with a laugh and a smile:sarcasm:

Snappy

Coach
Im sure they cant, just like not all Dragons fans (or any team for that matter) can, but some are fine as I have said. I sure you can understand though why I wouldnt want to sit in my usual section, when for this game its the away supporters bay.

some11

Referee
Every clubs fanbase has its fair share of f**kwits, most of the time it comes back to bite them.

Latest posts