What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Prelim Final 2 | Sat | Storm v Warriors | AAMI

Grand Finalist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Idealy a Warriors win by 6 or 7....realisically,a Storm win by 30-40 points. It would be a fairy-tale victory for the Warriors if they can get their first Grand Final win. But all in all,as long as the next three play-off games are like the previous two,we are in for a hell of a series.

joshie

Live Update Team
I am confident we should win this one, but then again I feel nervous.

Storm: by 7

We have a good record against the Storm. No doubt, i know that we can win on Saturday, it's just that i'm worried about choking. Also, if you think that we are going to get crushed by 30+ points. Think again, because that is not going to happen.

devoid

Juniors
I'm not worried about choking. I don't think our fair record over there means anything in this game either. I'm more worried about a team that won the minor premiership. Slater, Cronk, and Smith are rested. Those three are probably the most competitive players going. Melbourne will be putting it on the line. It's going to take a massive performance from us to get up. We need to replicate our second half against the Tigers at least. I'm hoping...

Lowdown

Juniors
History may prove me wrong in a week, but out of all the Prelim's we've won under Bellamy, this one looks like the one you'd choose to play if you could. Consider this:

2006: Storm (1st) v Dragons (6th) @ ANZ Stadium. Dragons were on 5 match streak including flogging Manly (5th) 28 nil, Broncos (3rd) 20-4 in the first two finals. They were favourites to beat Storm.

2007: Storm (1st) v Eels (5th) @ Etihad. Eels were on a wave of emotion and form after smashing Broncos 68-22 in the final round, they then upset the Warriors in Auckland and comfortably beat the Dogs (6th).

2008: Storm (1st) v Sharks (equal 1st) @ SFS. Sharks had the week off and playing in home final. They had won 6 of their last 7, including 4 in a row. Playing in Kimmorley's last game for sharks, the Sharks were a great chance to beat the Cam Smith-less Storm.

2009: Storm (3rd) v Broncos (6th) @ Etihad. Broncos were on a 7 match winning streak and had strong wins over both the Titans (3rd) and Dragons (1st) in their finals.

2011: Storm (1st) v Warriors (6th) @ AAMI. Warriors come into the Prelim. having lost 3 of last 7. An upset win against the Tigers (4th) had followed a demoralizing thrashing by the Broncos (3rd) and an earlier R25 loss to a slumping St George (5th).

I think the Storm have more to play for, but there's nothing better than a Storm v Warriors final in Melbourne to get the place pumping. AAMI park will be rocking.

hitman82

Bench
Scary game, could be anything. Depends if we can nullify Cronk/Slater/Smith.
We may have a slight edge in the forwards.

devoid

Juniors
History may prove me wrong in a week, but out of all the Prelim's we've won under Bellamy, this one looks like the one you'd choose to play if you could. Consider this:

2006: Storm (1st) v Dragons (6th) @ ANZ Stadium. Dragons were on 5 match streak including flogging Manly (5th) 28 nil, Broncos (3rd) 20-4 in the first two finals. They were favourites to beat Storm.

2007: Storm (1st) v Eels (5th) @ Etihad. Eels were on a wave of emotion and form after smashing Broncos 68-22 in the final round, they then upset the Warriors in Auckland and comfortably beat the Dogs (6th).

2008: Storm (1st) v Sharks (equal 1st) @ SFS. Sharks had the week off and playing in home final. They had won 6 of their last 7, including 4 in a row. Playing in Kimmorley's last game for sharks, the Sharks were a great chance to beat the Cam Smith-less Storm.

2009: Storm (3rd) v Broncos (6th) @ Etihad. Broncos were on a 7 match winning streak and had strong wins over both the Titans (3rd) and Dragons (1st) in their finals.

2011: Storm (1st) v Warriors (6th) @ AAMI. Warriors come into the Prelim. having lost 3 of last 7. An upset win against the Tigers (4th) had followed a demoralizing thrashing by the Broncos (3rd) and an earlier R25 loss to a slumping St George (5th).

I think the Storm have more to play for, but there's nothing better than a Storm v Warriors final in Melbourne to get the place pumping. AAMI park will be rocking.

I remember that Cronulla side of 2008 struggled to score more than 2 - 3 tries a game, but otherwise maybe... In saying that, think of the lead in the Storm have had this season. It's arguably the weakest of the remaining sides in the comp. Bottom line is, both sides have just as much to play for, and the lead ups will count for squat come kick off. Wish I could be at AAMI.

Hutty1986

Immortal

:lol: You don't seem to realise, those "wins" mean nothing & just robbed the opposition lf a GF spot. Your last prelim was in 1999

ozbash

Referee

means sfa mate, as you know form in a Warriors v Storm game counts for nothing more than to give the commentators something to bore people with.

Our biggest asset is belief you lot can be taken.

The week off will hurt you.

be very close but Warriors by a few..

timka4

Bench
I'd prefer the warriors to win this. But I wouldn't mind the Storm either, they have obviously worked extremely hard this year and to make the GF would be amazing.

However, if it was the old Storm team I would wish nothing more than a flogging to them

Warmess

Juniors
Hmm. I really dunno what to think about this game. As a Warriors fan I'm definitely hopeful, and our record vs Storm makes me slightly more optimistic. However, that record is nothing more than 'sometimes we beat them' no hoodoo or anything.

I think there are really only 2 options. 1: Warriors win in a very tight game. 2: Storm win convincingly.

Unfortunately I think it's 2.