What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Prelim Final 2 | Sat | Storm v Warriors | AAMI

Grand Finalist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One Warrior

Bench
Warriors are goooooooorne.

They've thrown everything they've had at the Storm, the Storm have been well below their best. And they've got themselves a 12-12 scoreline. Mark my words, Melbourne will not lose from here.

IMO NZ have overacheived this season and should be happy with a prelim final. But they're just not good enough to overcome the class of this Melbourne team.

Melbourne v Manly should be a beauty. Hopefully a close game with a few all in brawls.

Lol, you are an idiot.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Some stats after tonights game:

Since the McIntyre system, Melbourne are the 4th Minor Premiers that have been knocked out before the Grand Final, the others being, Cronulla 1999, Parramatta 2005 :(, St George Illawarra 2009.

The Warriors are the 2nd team below 4th who have reached the GF after losing their first finals match, the other being the Cowboys in 2005.

Correct me if Im wrong, but the 4 halves next weekend would be the youngest set of halves since 1982, Parramatta halves were pretty young, and I think Manly's halfback Phil Blake was just 18.

IanG

Coach
1065987897_05fa4e3b7c.jpg

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Great game, best of the finals series. Well played Warriors. Based on that performance I reckon they can beat Manly. Hope the Grand Final is as good.
LOL@50uff$

IanG

Coach
99% of Australia would be deported if I ran the country. Unaustralian to support anything kiwi.

Melbourne are very low on my list of teams I like, but they're ahead of the bloody kiwis.

GLadly. I can think of worse places to live than New Zealand

JoeD

First Grade
The best thing about the win is that Melbourne tried every dirty trick in the book and the warriors still came out on top. No surprise Quinn being one of the chief offenders.

Billythekid

First Grade
I'm disappointed to lose but we did far better this year than i would have expected.

I was always going to cheer whoever made it through out of the storm, warriors and tigers so hopefully the warriors can go on with it. Would be good to see them win their first premiership.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
So pleased for the Warriors!

The 'Big 3' had nothing last night. Melbourne's best players were Kiwis, Proctor, Manu and Bromwich. Get on NZ in the Four Nations at $4!

Spot On

Coach
The writing was on the wall v Newcastle. They didn't score a point in the second half that game. Melb supporters dismissed the performance by saying they never got out of second gear. They played fine. It's just the other teams have gone up a level and Melbourne couldn't. They have played at that level all year.