What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Prelim Final 2 | Sat | Storm v Warriors | AAMI

Grand Finalist?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheDMC

Bench
Warriors are goooooooorne.

They've thrown everything they've had at the Storm, the Storm have been well below their best. And they've got themselves a 12-12 scoreline. Mark my words, Melbourne will not lose from here.

IMO NZ have overacheived this season and should be happy with a prelim final. But they're just not good enough to overcome the class of this Melbourne team.

Melbourne v Manly should be a beauty. Hopefully a close game with a few all in brawls.

Congrats Bunniesman on overachieving this season too...:crazy:

Chook Norris

First Grade
Warriors are goooooooorne.

They've thrown everything they've had at the Storm, the Storm have been well below their best. And they've got themselves a 12-12 scoreline. Mark my words, Melbourne will not lose from here.

IMO NZ have overacheived this season and should be happy with a prelim final. But they're just not good enough to overcome the class of this Melbourne team.

Melbourne v Manly should be a beauty. Hopefully a close game with a few all in brawls.

:lol:

goosie

Juniors
well done warriors!!! must be time for goose to collect his $600 from tab ;) Yew beauty!!!

Apey

Staff member
Storm have just been going through the motions for a lot of the year. They've been doing just enough to win games, and nothing more, for the most part. They were still the best team in the competition though.

To me, it just looked like the Warriors wanted it much much much more last night and that was the main difference. They absolutely dominated field position because of this, the Storm could barely make 25m for many of their sets while the Warriors were constantly making close to 50.

I was going for the Storm but it was a great game. I am not sure if the Warriors can beat Manly even if they play like they did tonight, because Manly can play the same style of game, but jeez I hope they do :pray:

Butters

Bench
Congrats warriors you played near perfect. The refs thought so to, only penalised once all game. :roll:

Butters

Bench
I'm not saying the refs cost Melbourne, the warriors played hella better. But no team is that disciplined to only infringe once in 80 minutes.

Storm have just been going through the motions for a lot of the year. They've been doing just enough to win games, and nothing more, for the most part. They were still the best team in the competition though.

To me, it just looked like the Warriors wanted it much much much more last night and that was the main difference. They absolutely dominated field position because of this, the Storm could barely make 25m for many of their sets while the Warriors were constantly making close to 50.

I was going for the Storm but it was a great game. I am not sure if the Warriors can beat Manly even if they play like they did tonight, because Manly can play the same style of game, but jeez I hope they do :pray:

Agree with all of these comments...the likes of Packer and Rapira were awesome and Storm made no ground on their sets off their line.

Warriors looked a lot more desperate and Storm looked flat. Cam Smith was too quiet and it almost looked like they were panicking when on attack with the only option being to bomb to Duffie's wing which did not pay off.

The Warriors targeted Quinn and it was spot on as he is a liability when defending his line.

Well done Warriors...a perfect game played and I hope you ruin Manly's night next week.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm not saying the refs cost Melbourne, the warriors played hella better. But no team is that disciplined to only infringe once in 80 minutes.
Just as the Storm infringed far more then 4 times in 80 minutes. :?

Had the referee not been so lenient, the Warriors would have received more penalties then the Storm and could have won far more easily.

Billythekid

First Grade

It's a stupid argument because every team in fringes lots of times every game. They can't penalize every single one and they have to just pick the more obvious examples.

Blaming the refs for a loss is pathetic. The warriors wanted it more and they played better. Hopefully the loss this year fires up some of the boys for next year because to me it looked like quite a few were going through the motions.

Butters

Bench
FFS i swear half you merkins are braindead. The warriors outplayed melbourne and deserved to win.

I was merely commenting on the quality of the refereeing and their hesitance to penalise teams in "big games".

Butters

Bench
Just as the Storm infringed far more then 4 times in 80 minutes. :?

Had the referee not been so lenient, the Warriors would have received more penalties then the Storm and could have won far more easily.

Melbourne could have easily been penalised more as well. :/

The refereeing in the NRL is pathetic and has been for years. Pretty much any "big game" and the refs will "let the game flow" and won't even touch their whistle for obvious penalties.

skeepe

Immortal
Stop trying to make excuses Butters. Stop blaming the referees and for once admit that your team were second best.

blaza88z

Coach
I believe Manly will do Australia proud and not let the overrated team from that other country win OUR comp.

Manly by 13.

So if the NZRL made their own comp and NZ contingency in souffs wanted to go home and play in their "OWN" league, you'd be happy about it?

haha, you idiot, just stop posting

Butters

Bench

Willow

Assistant Moderator
FFS i swear half you merkins are braindead. The warriors outplayed melbourne and deserved to win.
But...

Butters said:
I was merely commenting on the quality of the refereeing and their hesitance to penalise teams in "big games".
Stand aside everyone, Butters is backing up...

Same thread...
Butters said:
no team is that disciplined to only infringe once in 80 minutes.
Butters said:
The refs thought so to, only penalised once all game. :roll:
Butters said:
The refereeing in the NRL is pathetic and has been for years.
Bet you wish you had those back again.

In other news, Cameron Smith has been let off with a blatant elbow to the face of Kevin Locke.