What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R10 | Sat | Storm 12-20 Raiders | AAMI #nrlmelcan

R10: MEL v CAN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Ben Barba, Jamie Soward and Nathan Merritt laugh at Josh Dugan's defence.

Those two turnstile attempts by Dugan which led to tries were pretty ordinary.

He's in-goal defence was awesome though. He saved us from many repeat sets by gathering the ball up quickly and blasting out of the in-goal.

Not sure what's happened to his defence in line-break situations though. He used to be impossible to beat.

Paullyboy

Coach
I can't believe the comments in this thread suggesting we were "gifted the game" and that we had the rub of the green.

Most of the tackles the storm made in the second half are still going, they just hold down for as long as they like without consequence. For about 10 mins we couldn't get off our own line because of it, fortunately the boys showed heart this week and were able to overcome it.

Great win, I'm hungover now because of it though

Raiders deserved the win last night...toughed it out in bad conditions and Tilse and Tongue led from the front.

As for the standard of the refs...pinged Storm for laying in the tackle numerous times in the first half but funnily enough forget about it when Storm are on attack.

thommo4pm

Coach
I can't believe the comments in this thread suggesting we were "gifted the game" and that we had the rub of the green.

Most of the tackles the storm made in the second half are still going, they just hold down for as long as they like without consequence. For about 10 mins we couldn't get off our own line because of it, fortunately the boys showed heart this week and were able to overcome it.

Great win, I'm hungover now because of it though

Mate the Raiders deserved their win.
The Storm had their chances and couldn't take it.
Gutsy win by your lot after so many losses in a row.

Charlie124

First Grade
Storm 50+

Nothing good can come from this game for the Raiders. If they play like they have all year, they'll get murdered by 50. If they really dig in and put together a solid 80min performance, they'll still lose by 13+ and all it will do is dent their confidence even further.

At the end of the day, the raiders have to win a game before they even think about "turning it all around". Not just a good performance, they need to f'ing win. Bottom line.

But they cannot win this game.

I haven't read the rest of this thread but I thought I better come in and lol@me. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gave the raiders absolutely zero chance of getting close to the storm, let alone beating them.

Well done raiders.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I haven't read the rest of this thread but I thought I better come in and lol@me. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gave the raiders absolutely zero chance of getting close to the storm, let alone beating them.

Well done raiders.

Mate I believe my prediction in this thread was Storm by 106 so don't feel too bad.

Big Pete

Referee
Slater wasn't moving at all, had come to a complete stop.
Scott still had some movement as Prior started taking the ball.

It doesn't matter if Scott had any movement, if both shoulders are on the ground and a hand is laid on him it's instantly deemed a tackle. It's black and white.

Slater's on the other hand is refs discretion.