What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R8 | Sun | Warriors 26-18 Panthers | Mt Smart

R8: WAR v PEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jeez what a shambles.

2 fairly willing forward packs but apart from that both sides were totally clueless on attack. The Warriors were the Warriors and the Panthers were like a caricature of the Warriors (inside ball, inside ball, one bumbling attempt at going wide, kick, repeat).

The Warriors were clearly the better team but could still only score from kicks, the Panthers seemed to be relying on their pet play of "shepherd/knock on/forward pass/hope the ref doesn't see it".

that's better then scoring from us ball watching or us passing it to your winger?

mxlegend99

Referee
Flash and Nafe Seluini looked like our only dangerous players. Walsh was the warriors best player. His try assist to Locke and kick out on the full helpibg the Hohaia try were the biggest plays in the game. f**k he's useless. Throw coote or seluini in the halves. We need a running game. Tgey cant possibly kick or pass worse then him.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors

The only fail is the warriors....they will never win the premiership under ivan...they had nothing in attack, two tries from errors and two tries from kicks.

They are the worst attacking team in the competition...easy

They bet a crap side who had nothing today by 8 points:crazy:

pantherz9103

First Grade
The only fail is the warriors....they will never win the premiership under ivan...they had nothing in attack, two tries from errors and two tries from kicks.

That's our title thanks.

Meth

Staff member

Well, they are a better attacking team than one team at least.

Locke try 1- great kick, great chase to take advantage of an error that they may have got away with otherwise

Locke try 2- great anticipation from Locke to pounce on the error so fast

Inu try- what are you whinging about? It worked. Nice kick and great decision from Seymour too

Hohaia try- see above

Save your whinging for when we don't win, backing up from beating the best team in the competition away on MNF

Iafeta

Referee

f**k me you're a negative pussy nancy aren't you? Don't go and slash your wrists just yet, they did after all win.

One Warrior

Bench

Mate we won after backing up from a Monday night game against the Storm, many thought we could throw it away today, but we didn't, whats more two of the Panthers tries shouldn't of been; the first off a nothing penalty and blatant sheperding and the second off a forward pass. Only Nafe's try was genuine, some nice ball work. Once again I repeat we won.

franklin2323

Immortal
Flash and Nafe Seluini looked like our only dangerous players. Walsh was the warriors best player. His try assist to Locke and kick out on the full helpibg the Hohaia try were the biggest plays in the game. f**k he's useless. Throw coote or seluini in the halves. We need a running game. Tgey cant possibly kick or pass worse then him.
Gordon is the biggest hog, Burns is the same. So many times we have a backline set players in movement and both take the tackle.Today was his worst game I have seen.Sadly 16 others were the same

mxlegend99

Referee
Gordon is the biggest hog, Burns is the same. So many times we have a backline set players in movement and both take the tackle.Today was his worst game I have seen.Sadly 16 others were the same
That's a load of sh*t. He had 4 offloads and set up our first and last tries. He threw several passes and more often then not the right decision is for him to run it... unlike our other players he runs with purpose and makes metres. If anything he's probably guilty of not taking enough tackles... he doesn't like the ball to die with him and will on occasion throw a pass or offload that's risky. But he more then makes up for his odd mistake with his 200+ metres each game and the second phase play he regularly creates.

I don't know what more you could possibly expect from a fullback. These are his stats

25 runs for 233m gained
6 tackle breaks
10 tackles / 1 missed (a few try savers)
4 offloads
1 line break
2 try assists

Yet somehow you think that was his worst game despite him clearly being our best player.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
wow, just saw the panthers first try. that is actually geniused refereeing. i hope they aren't paying those merkins.

maple_69

Bench
Wasn't his best game out of his 13 odd at the back but definitely alongside Civ our top performer. The members man of the match poll says it all. He has been mom 5/7 matches and is way ahead again this week. I'd hazard a guess that at least 1 of the games he didn't get MOM he was on the wing.
He is the best player in the club and is the 2nd best fullback in the league currently, on form. With our halves posing no questions for the past 3 weeks despite the forwards providing the field position and space, it is painfully obvious Coote should get a crack now at 5/8.

Also Seluini, absolute star in the making.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
deadset the panthers are a pack of petulant children. want to know why you're so shit? abysmal attitude.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wasn't his best game out of his 13 odd at the back but definitely alongside Civ our top performer. The members man of the match poll says it all. He has been mom 5/7 matches and is way ahead again this week. I'd hazard a guess that at least 1 of the games he didn't get MOM he was on the wing.
He is the best player in the club and is the 2nd best fullback in the league currently, on form. With our halves posing no questions for the past 3 weeks despite the forwards providing the field position and space, it is painfully obvious Coote should get a crack now at 5/8.

Also Seluini, absolute star in the making.
I wouldn't say it's near his best either. IMO that would have to be Round 24 last year against the Rabbitohs. 3 tries, 270m gained, 16 tackle breaks, 2 linebreaks. Just outstanding stuff.

But like all his other games at fullback he was high quality and IMO easily our best. He's always top 3 when playing at fullback and more often then not stands out as the most dangerous player on the field from either team.

I would say his worst game ever for us was Round 2 last year against the Cowboys. He had an absolute shocker along with Jennings and they both got carved up. It's the only time I remember thinking he was terrible for us.

franklin2323

Immortal
That's a load of sh*t. He had 4 offloads and set up our first and last tries. He threw several passes and more often then not the right decision is for him to run it... unlike our other players he runs with purpose and makes metres. If anything he's probably guilty of not taking enough tackles... he doesn't like the ball to die with him and will on occasion throw a pass or offload that's risky. But he more then makes up for his odd mistake with his 200+ metres each game and the second phase play he regularly creates.

I don't know what more you could possibly expect from a fullback. These are his stats

25 runs for 233m gained
6 tackle breaks
10 tackles / 1 missed (a few try savers)
4 offloads
1 line break
2 try assists

Yet somehow you think that was his worst game despite him clearly being our best player.

Fullbacks should have more then 25 runs. EVERY other fullback has 10-20 runs. look at the stats.

I didn't say it was his worst game he just hogged it a few times. Didn't ground the ball for the 1st try & that rubbish pass that would of put Simmons in.

4 times on the 4th tackle we had the winger overlap when he gets in the play. he hogs it. last tackle. Sure our 1/2's are struggling but the fullback and hooker can set players up yet don't.

Latest posts