What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | 1st SF | Fri | Sea Eagles 22-12 Cowboys | Allianz

Semi Final 1 Winner: Sea Eagles v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-man-main.jpg

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Dean Whare 4. Jamie Lyon (c) 5. Michael Oldfield 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jason King (c) 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Tony Williams 13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange: 14. Jamie Buhrer 15. Joe Galuvao 16. Darcy Lussick 17. Vic Mauro
Reserve: 18. George Rose

2012teams-nql-alt.jpg

1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Johnathan Thurston (c) 7. Michael Morgan
8. Matthew Scott (c) 9. Aaron Payne 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange: 14. James Segeyaro 15. Jason Taumalolo 16. Ashton Sims 17 Scott Bolton
Reserves: 18. Anthony Mitchell 19. Joel Riethmuller

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Shayne Hayne and Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Steve Clark and Paul Simpkins

Curtain Raiser :: Toyota Cup 1st Semi Final
Bulldogs v Dragons at Allianz, Fri 5:15pm

nrl-fw2mannql.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie124

First Grade
Gonna be a tough one, but I'm confident the boys are playing well enough to get the win here.

blacklock

Juniors
eagles without king..without matai..without lyon. gone.

cowboys are going to have some fun with them and thurston is in just a dangerous mood. not to mention bowen isnt going missing anymore. ill actually preface it with...the only danger is brett stewart and the high ball. if manly do what brisbane couldnt ie isolate matt bowen under i highball...then they can force errors and make it a contest.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
hard game this one if Manly try to intimidate Cowboys i think they could just get over the top of them

But i think Cows are travelling well enough to stop Manly.

Cowboys by 8

Who ever wins this match i can't see backing up again against Melbourne the next week. very tough game here

BDR

First Grade
In reality though, both games are really quite hard to pick. We will have to lift a couple gears to win this one but we have shown those gears are there. Just have to find them at the right time.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You have to think the cowboys but I really can't see manly playing as poorly as they did last week. I'll say nq but it wouldn't surprise me if the defending premiers come out and blow them away.

ceagle

Bench
I'm at least hoping for a backline like this

1. Stewart
2. Oldfield
3. Lyon
4. Whare
5. Taufua

We really dont have enough depth to cover both centres.

clipser

Juniors
If lyon is out.. oh dear.. it would look something like this..

1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Buhrer/T.williams?
4. Whare
5. Oldfield

Nice Beaver

First Grade
On the assumption Lyon plays, I think we can sneak home by 4 or so.

Cowboys playing great footy though so will be a mighty effort to turn it around from last weeks debacle.

Mr Saab

Referee
Cows have a great shot at this. Cows were smashed last yr by the eagles, but this yr the roles will be reversed

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
On paper they have hardly changed but this is a very different team then the side that went out to the Eagles in last years finals.

If you end up losing both centres then it is ours. Be a pretty big spanner in the works in attack and defence for a side to lose one centre but both is pushing sh!t uphill. If we lost Linnett and Tate against Brisbane we would probably be screwed

ceagle

Bench
We can cover the lost of Matai without losing too much, we smashed the Bunnies without him. However if Lyon is out we are no chance, but luckily it looks like he will be playing.