What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | 2nd EF | Sun 4pm | Raiders 34-16 Sharks | Canberra

Elimination Final winner: Raiders v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gypsy

Bench
You'd think most teams would.

The Raiders have strengthened that left side though, which has played a big part in our recent success.

It's still our weaker side mind you.

Looking forward to your meltdown this afternoon sir.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Not in the business of meltdowns gypsy. I'm happy that the boys have managed to make it this far after looking like spoon contenders and with the injury toll we've had.

I'd say that I'm looking forward to you putting your foot in it yet again but I'm really not. I just feel embarrassed for you TBH.

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
Strongly disagree. The Raiders have arguably the least talented roster in the league.
They are also the most piggy-backed when at home.

Yet we came 6th without our most talented player, says a lot about the teams that finished below us.

the dude

Juniors
Looking forward to this game. I wonder how the Raiders would've gone if Campese had stayed healthy, I think they'd be close to premiership favourites at this stage

I hope our guys turn up and play the decent footy they were earlier in the year. Better kicking game. Kick chase and repeat sets. Bog the Raiders down in their 20 as much as possible.

Wade, Gal, Smith and Toops to have blinders.

It all or nothing, so go for it Sharks.

Oh and I hope Fergobinks puts so much pressure on himself he totall screws up all game.

GongPanther

Referee
Sharks to win to continue to hold hope for their long suffering fans.

But if the Raiders continue their good form,no one can begrudge their right to eventually chalk another GF appearance.

Tough to pick this game.

I've backed the Raiderrs at home this year and been scorched on more than one occasion.

Canberra 1-12

Cron / Cbra half/fl

Fergo fts, and a double.

Go the Green Machine!

Feej

First Grade
For two teams that most people had in their bottom 4 or wooden spoon candidates, this game is a fitting result for both clubs.

Would love to see the Sharks get up, but we've looked shot since origin. Keeping my fingers crossed though.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Everybody is currently describing North Queensland as 'dark horses'. That hardly applies to the club now as every man and his dog is probably chucking fifty on them as we speak.

The description really applies to Canberra I feel, who are playing their best footy at the optimum time of the year.

I see them getting the job done today. Cronulla weren't good last week and confidence in their squad appears low. If Graham plays he will add something but against the Raiders who'll have a heaving home crowd behind them it may not be enough.

Canberra by 10

bottle

Coach
Don't care who wins, as long as it's the start of a three in a row winning sequence.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Toyota Cup, a nice entree with a field goal before the final buzzer to give the Raiders the victory over the Warriors

snoozer

Bench
i'm with feej, both teams have performed better than general expectations.

raiders on a hot streak, our boys unsettled and looking for redemption.

no idea how it's going to go.

Latest posts