What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R17 | Fri | Broncos 12-26 Sharks | Suncorp

Round 17 result: Broncos v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
great win for the sharks if you take out the 7 origin players and the 2 injured during the game, full of merit

Right, so keeping your main "spine" to 12 was no great feat? And you had more possession, and more in the 20.

Broncos did well with what they had, not really sure what else the Sharks could have done, they played what was in front of them and played well.

Kiwi

First Grade
I like how these sharks nuffies are bigging themselves up over beating the broncos without 7 players and Reed and Hoffman on the bench.

A bit rough on the sharks me thinks. They definately should have won tonight, and they did what needed to be done. Hardly "bigging" themselves.

Broncos also had more than 7 out, you have to remember to add Yow Yeh and Anderson to that list as well, so 9 players.

Pigskin

Juniors
most entertaining game, and very proud of my team tonight ... an honorable loss

our future looks bright and most of the peanut gallery in here go can go sod off

Oink !

Snappy

Coach
Broncos also had more than 7 out, you have to remember to add Yow Yeh and Anderson to that list as well, so 9 players.

Those blokes dont count dude. Nulla have injuries too, and Anderson wouldnt be in our full strength 17 anyway.

We had 7 out. They had 2 out. end of story.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
A bit rough on the sharks me thinks. They definately should have won tonight, and they did what needed to be done. Hardly "bigging" themselves.

Having Anderson out is a benefit, not a loss.

user_nat

Coach
Right, so keeping your main "spine" to 12 was no great feat? And you had more possession, and more in the 20.

Broncos did well with what they had, not really sure what else the Sharks could have done, they played what was in front of them and played well.

Stopped being our main spine when Hoffman went off and McC played in the forwards.

Plus what spine wouldn't struggle with 6 first choice forwards missing? If you look at the Souths game last week, it wasn't our spine that got us the win, it was our forwards keeping us up their end all game.

All that said, 2 points is the important thing. Cronulla got the points and they deserved it. They scored 26 points without Carney, that's a good effort.

Kiwi

First Grade

So our regular 9 played hooker, then shifted to the backrow due to injuries during the match, hoffman left the game after 2 high shots put him out, look at the takle he copped from graham before being ko'ed, head shot as well. So that spine didn't last the first half, reed went down, and there were 9 out on top of that. They did exceptionaly well.

Tell me how would you side handle missing your 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 13, two bench second rowers, back up front rower and then your fullback goes down to a head shot mid game, you lose your centre and your hooker has to play in the back row/lock for most of the game? I bet they wouldn't get with in 50

Apey

Staff member
I said to a mate that it was game over after the intercept. You can't let something like that happen when you've managed to claw your way back into a game.

That's absolute f**king bullshit. Smith wasn't even looking at him. The kid making out like he'd been knocked out was depressing too. This is soccer level bullshit.

:lol:

user_nat

Coach
Nathan Stapleton ran just shy of 300m. Not bad.

Would have given MoTM to one of the Cronulla props and not Graham also.

Big Pete

Referee
maybe in the first 20 min. After that it was all about how the broncos will come back.

Gus hates the Sharks though, it's a fact.

Not tonight.

He was the last commentator to acknowledge the Broncos were fighting back & basically spent the rest of the time bitching about the Graham high tackle...despite being the first to condemn Te'o.

In short, Gus can be a tool on commentary.

As I said, Cronulla just too good. Rode the momentum early on the back of some 50/50s and then looked to obliterate the Broncos. Brisbane were brave to hold on as long as they did and honestly could have won the game had the playmakers taken better options. They left a lot to be desired tonight and were thoroughly outplayed. Especially at dummy half.

Sharks forwards treated the game like Origin, played like merkins but that's what ensured them the victory.

Stapleton also had the game of his life.

Pugzley

Well done Sharkies, play like the first half for the rest of the season with Paul Gallen and you might just lift the trophy this year.