What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | 2nd PF | Sat | Roosters 40-14 Knights | Allianz

Grand Finalist #2: Roosters or Knights?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haffa

Ah, but you're forgetting one important details.

Easts have had an even easier run. For 26 rounds, they only played shit teams, apparently.

The two worst teams in the comp going head to head for a spot in the GF. I'm sure the hate is flowing through oppo fans right now.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
As much as I would like to see Newcastle take a dump on the NRL's desire for an Easts/Souffs GF, I can't see the Rorters losing. To do so would be a dramatic fall at the last hurdle to rival the Warriors beating the Storm 2 years ago.

Rorters by 10.

Geohood

Bench
As much as I would like to see Newcastle take a dump on the NRL's desire for an Easts/Souffs GF, I can't see the Rorters losing. To do so would be a dramatic fall at the last hurdle to rival the Warriors beating the Storm 2 years ago.

Rorters by 10.

It might be the NRL's desire but it's not like we actually get any help from the refs. The only thing people can think of is that we should have gone to the sin bin a couple of times for repeated infringements and that giving so many piggybacks to teams coming out of their own half has actually helped us in some way..

Noname36

First Grade
It might be the NRL's desire but it's not like we actually get any help from the refs. The only thing people can think of is that we should have gone to the sin bin a couple of times for repeated infringements and that giving so many piggybacks to teams coming out of their own half has actually helped us in some way..

You're up against a team that had a player sin-binned for nothing during their first semi, and got a penalty against them for absolutely nothing that led directly to a Storm try in their second. You guys will be fine.

I can't even believe we're still in to be honest. We struggled to make the finals. Regardless of the result on Saturday I'm extremely proud of the ticker we've shown.

Noa

First Grade
This will be an epic I reckon.

Knights have got the strike to really hurt the Roosters, early ball movement wide like they have been doing will expose the Roosters poorer defenders . If Mullen is on with his general kicking theyll win, 24-20.

perverse

Referee
I think we can get them here. I don't know how we'll do it, but I get this feeling we will find a way. All the pressure is on them. They only put us to bed in the last 10 minutes in round 20... and we're a completely different unit now. Have the Roosters improved as much in the past 8 weeks?

I think if we stick with them and don't go away, we'll frustrate them just like the Dogs and the Storm. For some reason teams are taking quite a lot of exception to us standing up to them, perhaps they're used to us rolling over on queue... i don't know, but they're getting quite angry and flustered when we do so.

Then again, maybe we'll get a bit more respect this week.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
It's a running joke based off a few opinions from earlier in the year when we beat the Tigers, Cowboys, Raiders etc convincingly. Apparently we only win games when the opponent sucks.
Storm were suppose to wipe the floor with us off the back of our Bulldogs win. Storm were poor therefore, we won. Never do we actually beat the opponents, they beat themselves.

Welcome to our world, this game is clearly a cripple fight then.

We finished 1st off the back of the easiest 26 round draw in history where we only played against crap sides or sides severely out of form.

Newcastle is the fairytale of the finals series which makes them dangerous. For us it is about defence, if we put the same defensive effort in as week 1 we won’t get beat.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Give away the same penalties and you will. Bennett knows how to punish penalties.

Going the knights in a tight one. Heart beats the machine.

Swarzey

Bench

Welcome to our world, this game is clearly a cripple fight then.

We finished 1st off the back of the easiest 26 round draw in history where we only played against crap sides or sides severely out of form.

Newcastle is the fairytale of the finals series which makes them dangerous. For us it is about defence, if we put the same defensive effort in as week 1 we won?t get beat.

I honestly believe if Stewart played, they could have won. Not taking anything away from your brilliant effort, but what he adds to their attack can topple any team. Just purely off of how much time they spent down your end, not having the spark to crack your defence, he would have made a difference.

That said, it's key for us to rattle you right off the bat like we did against the Storm. We can't win it up the middle, nor can we win it 5-10 out from the line, rather we need momentum and strike from 20, give our backs room to work with. Ol' Wayne will have a plan to get the job done, vastly different to the one that got it done against the Storm.

Regardless, it will be an absolute cracker.

Valheru

Coach
I honestly believe if Stewart played, they could have won. Not taking anything away from your brilliant effort, but what he adds to their attack can topple any team. Just purely off of how much time they spent down your end, not having the spark to crack your defence, he would have made a difference.

That?s valid but we were missing JWH who is the leader of our forward pack and we clearly struggled through the middle so much of a much for mind.

As for the penalty stuff, we were even or thereabouts on the penalty count at half time and then had an 8-2 count against us for the 2nd half. Having said that, Bennett will take the two at any opportunity and Newcastle penalty goal as 1st scoring play has to be the bet of the weekend.

Swarzey

Bench

That?s valid but we were missing JWH who is the leader of our forward pack and we clearly struggled through the middle so much of a much for mind.

As for the penalty stuff, we were even or thereabouts on the penalty count at half time and then had an 8-2 count against us for the 2nd half. Having said that, Bennett will take the two at any opportunity and Newcastle penalty goal as 1st scoring play has to be the bet of the weekend.

Ah yeah, completely forgot you were missing JWH. He'll be a massive boost considering his suspension was rather harsh.

We should have taken the two the first time earlier in the year. Wasted too much time trying to break the defence and so when we eventually did take the two, it showed we had nothing left and essentially had given up.