What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | 2nd SF | Sat | Storm 16-18 Knights | AAMI

Semi Final 2: Storm v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NrlCoach

Juniors
It was painful to have to listen to Joey blowing his load over Newcastle all night.
its going to be so hard for joey next week with the knights vs SBW

3648768_o.gif

Sphagnum

Coach
Shame the roosters play knights next week would have been a good GF. Clearly the best 2 of the remaining 4. Whoever wins that game wins the comp imo.

Dragon

Coach
Those images of Cam and the rest of the f**king dark side standing around in silence is glorious. Into the sheds for a spray you merkins

Jason Maher

Immortal
Wooooo! Final 4! I'm sure we'll hear all week about how the Storm beat themselves and the Knights are sure to be beaten by the Roosters... but f**k ya'll, we're here for ANOTHER week! :D

If by some miracle it ends up a souffs vs Knights GF, can we rely on you, JW, and whoever the third bloke was to revive the LOL@souffs signage?

Billythekid

First Grade
Can't say i'm overly surprised though if we lost i didn't see it playing out quite how it did. We have been struggling a lot in the back half of the year and there is a lot to work on for next year.

stormbati

Bench
Good on you Newcastle Knights! I don't wanna make excuses but Storm arent hungry as much as they think they are.
Overcame a massive challenge and deserve credit.

Have to say though, BJ Leilua is a deadset hero. Would've loved to be out there to put one on his chin.

Storm, no mongrel, needed Jeremy Smith on our side.

pantherz9103

First Grade
If Storm were so bad in the back half of the year how come they managed to put 60+ on both Raiders and Eels? they were obviously mentally weak in the tight games, they can clearly score a lot of points.

Noa

First Grade
Can't say i'm overly surprised though if we lost i didn't see it playing out quite how it did. We have been struggling a lot in the back half of the year and there is a lot to work on for next year.

More then alot of work is an understatement.
We'll need a change in philosphy and young players to step up.

typicalfan

Coach
Storm will be back next year. Love to hate them but they are too good not to come back from this. They really need to develop a couple of gun backs though. Long gone the days when Folau and Inglis types were coming through.

Billythekid

First Grade
If Storm were so bad in the back half of the year how come they managed to put 60+ on both Raiders and Eels? they were obviously mentally weak in the tight games, they can clearly score a lot of points.

You just answered your own question. Flogging garbage football sides counts for nothing. We weren't terrible but we just weren't as good as we needed to be. I thought we may have improved a bit for the finals but it did't really happen.

More then alot of work is an understatement.
We'll need a change in philosphy and young players to step up.

It is definitely needed. Our time with the big 3 is coming to an end and we will have to start adjusting the way the team plays (amongst other reasons).

Silent Knight

First Grade
Great game Tyrone and well deserved MOTM.

I'm sitting on my couch and I'm still trembling from the tension. That was the longest 10 minutes of my life. I can't believe we did it. Fmd. Woah.

nomis88

Juniors
Storm will be back next year. Love to hate them but they are too good not to come back from this. They really need to develop a couple of gun backs though. Long gone the days when Folau and Inglis types were coming through.

Surely they can find some in those thousands of kids playing league in Melbourne. What a joke, they shouldn't even be in the comp.

Noa

First Grade

Weve got 1 or 2 but theyre 2 or 3 years away.

And we wont be back next year as far as the previous 8 years have gone.

natheel

Coach

Because it was the raiders and the eels arguably at the time the 2 worst sides at that point in the season with eels at the bottom and raiders off field woes