What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R4 | Good Fri | Broncos 26-32 Storm | Suncorp

Round 4: Broncos v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StormHi

Juniors
Lol stop bitching great effort from the broncos and a strong come back from the storm finding that extra gear when down. Can't wait for waqa to get back him and chambers defend so much better then duffie and chambers.

dogslife

Coach
Prince and Wallace going full genius on 5th tackle options, especially during the last 10 minutes was worth a lol

Ghoulies

Bench
Your first try should have been disallowed as well so that's a BS comment first off. It's not as if you don't see that in other scrums, you see it all the time when the scrum can't pack cause props are being idiots grabbing each other.

Both should have been no tries though.
True, but this wasnt just random idiocy. The prop was holding him to open the gap for a set move. I hate the whole argument that we would've won if this was ruled no try, not just because hoffman's first try was dubious, but also because there's no telling how things would've played out if the try wasn't given.

Spot On

Coach
Congrats to the Broncs for having a dig and making a game of it.

Matt Duffie should walk through the stadium, get a cab and go into hiding rather than face Bellamy after that performance. I don't think I've ever seen a winger run out of the line so far and so often to let in so many tries in one game. Couldn't help himself in the end. Just kept doing it.

StormHi

Juniors
So..you would call that a legal play then?

Seeing as the bronco fowards grabbed the storm fowards in the next scrum I got no issues with it only reason Thugday even whinged was to try and take advantage of the loose and unsure obstruction rule...... If slater was caught by another player no mention would have even been made.

Get over it don't hear me crying about the first Hoffman try.

typicalfan

Coach
True, but this wasnt just random idiocy. The prop was holding him to open the gap for a set move. I hate the whole argument that we would've won if this was ruled no try, not just because hoffman's first try was dubious, but also because there's no telling how things would've played out if the try wasn't given.
Yeah but don't tell the locals that.

Ghoulies

Bench
Seeing as the bronco fowards grabbed the storm fowards in the next scrum I got no issues with it only reason Thugday even whinged was to try and take advantage of the loose and unsure obstruction rule...... If slater was caught by another player no mention would have even been made.

Get over it don't hear me crying about the first Hoffman try.
It's easy to take the high road when you won.

And of course no mention would have been made of it had someone tackled Slater. The whole basis of an obstruction penalty is that the attacking team gained undue advantage.

nöyd

Staff member

piss off and stop making sense

thorson1987

Coach
I havent seen that play ever. Holding the prop, then inside pass to fullback through that gap. Its a first for me.

Maybe the props should just man up and not get held. Start swinging or something.

Props have been holding on in the scrums for years.

Its not exactly a new thing.

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade

I don't think it should have been a try, i was pretty amazed when the green letters came up. I'm just saying that players being held back in a scrum isn't necessarily unheard of. This is the first time someone has taken advantage of it though i agree.

Completely agree with your second point. Same thing with the hoffman try, it's all one big what if and you're better off just focusing on what actually happened.

>Talking as if impeding a defender coming out of the scrum is a common occurance. Slater ran through that gap as if it was all completely pre-meditated.

It was definitely a planned move and should have been penalised. Players getting held back isn't all that uncommon and i'd bet that is where the idea for the play came from. Bellamy or whoever probably noticed it was an easy thing to get away with and thought to give it a try.

thorson1987

Coach
>Talking as if impeding a defender coming out of the scrum is a common occurance. Slater ran through that gap as if it was all completely pre-meditated.

Well yeah it actually is.

And look back through this thread. I've already said multiple times it should have been no try.

StormHi

Juniors

You are a complete and total muppet if you think storm are the only ones doing it rofl scrums have always been like this.

You should stop before you look like even more of a deranged derp.....:p

thorson1987

Coach
I don't think it should have been a try, i was pretty amazed when the green letters came up. I'm just saying that players being held back in a scrum isn't necessarily unheard of. This is the first time someone has taken advantage of it though i agree.

Completely agree with your second point. Same thing with the hoffman try, it's all one big what if and you're better off just focusing on what actually happened.

It was definitely a planned move and should have been penalised. Players getting held back isn't all that uncommon and i'd bet that is where the idea for the play came from. Bellamy or whoever probably noticed it was an easy thing to get away with and thought to give it a try.

My favourite part is where if you take the try off a team for some reason it's automatically 6 points. Don't worry about the fact that smith missed that conversion attempt.