What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group A | England 34-12 Fiji | KC, Hull

Group A: England v Fiji

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Patorick

Staff member
Hate how it cuts straight to an ad, would like to see the end of game activities.
BYpJPw9IMAAKWld.jpg:large

Springs

First Grade
England aren't far off. Since they'll most likely be playing France next week they should experiment one more time with line-ups
Tomkins, Charnley, Watkins, Cudjoe, Hall
Widdop, Sinfield
Hill, Roby, G. Burgess, S. Burgess, Farrell, O'Loughlin
Burrow, Graham, Ferres, Westwood

Briscoe has been good but Charnley deserves one more chance to show what he can do. Widdop deserves an 80 minute chance, especially after how inconsistent Chase has been. I think Hill and George Burgess are instrumental to England getting on top, while Graham would come on at 20m and play the rest.

Tone83

Juniors
Fiji robbed in the first half, deflated there-after. England very lucky to even come away with a win IMO, let alone such a massive one.

roughyedspud

Coach
England aren't far off. Since they'll most likely be playing France next week they should experiment one more time with line-ups
Tomkins, Charnley, Watkins, Cudjoe, Hall
Widdop, Sinfield
Hill, Roby, G. Burgess, S. Burgess, Farrell, O'Loughlin
Burrow, Graham, Ferres, Westwood

Briscoe has been good but Charnley deserves one more chance to show what he can do. Widdop deserves an 80 minute chance, especially after how inconsistent Chase has been. I think Hill and George Burgess are instrumental to England getting on top, while Graham would come on at 20m and play the rest.

nah time for experimenting is over..

we need to play our 1st choice team from now on...we need to be settled so we don't get ambushed by the kiwis in the semis

Springs

First Grade
nah time for experimenting is over..

we need to play our 1st choice team from now on...we need to be settled so we don't get ambushed by the kiwis in the semis

Well then I think players like Charnley and Widdop have been very hard done by. Briscoe has been good but Charnley could have been just as good against Ireland and Fiji. Widdop never got a chance to partner Sinfield.

Chase has f**ked up so many times. If he thinks his best game in an England jersey was against Ireland then he's in trouble. Won't trouble us or the Kiwis at all with his stop-start, dummy and flick pass nonsense. He's like Benji Marshall has been the last 2 years.

no name

Coach
No wonder touchies don't have a dig anymore.
That touchy made a call, scrum was packed and then they bring it back.
It was a touch and go call, and that touchy was in the best position to make the call and it gets overturned.
If that was an NRL game and the original call was no try I reckon it would have stayed no try.
Expect the touchies to be even more useless now.

Tone83

Juniors
Touchy was wrong, getting those kind of calls wrong really pisses me off because it's punishing players for doing something amazing. Imagine if michael jordan or dr J had their dunks called violations just because the refs couldn't imagine doing it themselves?

I was going for fiji all the way but was glad that play from the english winger got looked at again and awarded. Sometimes it's like the refs are too uncoordinated to even comprehend the skill they are seeing so they assume it can't have been legal. That's how that touchey's poor call came across to me.

no name

Coach
Cummins is a terrible ref, especially when games get heated.
All of the NRL refs have struggled without having someone there to hold their hands.

no name

Coach
Touchy was wrong, getting those kind of calls wrong really pisses me off because it's punishing players for doing something amazing. Imagine if michael jordan or dr J had their dunks called violations just because the refs couldn't imagine doing it themselves?

I was going for fiji all the way but was glad that play from the english winger got looked at again and awarded. Sometimes it's like the refs are too uncoordinated to even comprehend the skill they are seeing so they assume it can't have been legal. That's how that touchey's poor call came across to me.

I still don't know if he is wrong or not, I reckon that some part of his boot may have touched some part of the white line.
The biggest thing I got out of it was that the ref didn't believe him. Right or wrong he made a call, that should be it.

Springs

First Grade
I don't think the touchie could even see it. His call was late and he had a diving player in front of him.