What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group B | New Zealand 48-0 France | Avignon

Group B: New Zealand v France

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
France had half a game plan to rattle the kiwis tonight, but have been let down badly by their attack as has already been mentioned by plenty on here.

Had they converted one of those first 2-3 sets on the kiwis line at 6-0 into a try we might have had a game on our hands, but they missed their chance and its well over now I'm afraid.

Still, if you were to tell me that the kiwis would go close the a full half without looking like making a linebreak I wouldn't have believed you. Some of these minor nations really aren't that far off being competitive against the top teams. If France or Italy play against England in the knock out stages they'll give them a real scare

Diesel

Referee
Regardless how many the Kiwis score this game is all about keeping the French to 0

Meth

Staff member
Locke is doing nothing to mount any sort of challenge on Hoffman

Frederick

Staff member
I know what cleary was saying to Kearney now

Cleary: "Right, I've done a pretty good job coaching the boys to this 18-0 lead. I think you might be ready to take the reins in the second half. Do you think you're ready and can go on with it?"
Kearney: "DURRRRRRRRRR SURE CAN BOSS! *digs out parramatta playbook*"

Diesel

Referee
I've been disappointment with NZ over the past game and a half, I'm assuming they'll improve as the cup continues

Diesel

Referee
Carbon copy of the last try, good run and pass by Luke, Johnson just strolls over

Give the MOM to Luke.

Danish

Referee
floodgates officially opened and the first blow out of the tournament has arrived.

Full credit to the french defence for the most part. With all the ball they've given to the kiwis they could have been down by 40+ at halftime if not for their commitment but the workloads clearly broken them now.

Would be great to see what they could do with a proper structure to their attack. If the the ARLC ever wants to invest any money in the international game funding minnow nation to employ first class coaches wouldn't be a bad option