What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | Group B | New Zealand 48-0 France | Avignon

Group B: New Zealand v France

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meth

Staff member
I don't think it was a try, but a penalty for a push to the back?

Meth

Staff member
What's this mysterious music that they play when I goes to the video ref?

Canard

Immortal
Where is the clown that used to post on LU that used to claim that the French RL comp was the strongest in the world outside of the NRL and SL.

t-ba

Post Whore
What?

You have barely been on since the WC started and then as soon as a team reaches 40 you come on and be negative. f**kwit

#Code in Crisis#

Give the naysayers a break. They've had virtually SFA to complain about since the tourney started.

France could do with some kind of coaching assistance though. It is like watching football from before the SL War...

Danish

Referee
Seems the french crowd isn't filled with as many death riders as this thread given they have been cheering all night and even completed a standing ovation for the final minute.

I'm not sure what sort of scoreline people were expecting before this game started, but you'd be crazy if you thought it would be close before a ball was kicked. France did tremendously well to keep the kiwis to only scoring from kicks for almost an entire half of footy, and to me that sort of defensive commitment is something they can build off.

Minnow nations aren't going to be beating NZ or Australia anytime soon, but I can see them being competitive against England. Give a top grade coach from the NRL 2 months to work with them and they'd improve massively

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Didn't help the french cause that the coach agar dropped their MOTM from week 1 in Barthau for an inexperienced 18 yer old Fages

no name

Coach
I like Vossy, he is a bit like Gus in that he is opinionated, but he voices his view once and moves on.
Can you imagine Gus on that France no try, he'd still be going.
'Why wasn't it given Rabs, why?'

t-ba

Post Whore
Seems the french crowd isn't filled with as many death riders as this thread given they have been cheering all night and even completed a standing ovation for the final minute.

I'm not sure what sort of scoreline people were expecting before this game started, but you'd be crazy if you thought it would be close before a ball was kicked. France did tremendously well to keep the kiwis to only scoring from kicks for almost an entire half of footy, and to me that sort of defensive commitment is something they can build off.

Minnow nations aren't going to be beating NZ or Australia anytime soon, but I can see them being competitive against England. Give a top grade coach from the NRL 2 months to work with them and they'd improve massively

If we started hand picking a few talented French and PNG juniors to go through Australian youth systems we'd have them to a relatively higher level within the decade. I'm not saying they'd beat Australia, but it's clear their systems are a large part of what is letting them down.

royce10

Juniors
If we started hand picking a few talented French and PNG juniors to go through Australian youth systems we'd have them to a relatively higher level within the decade. I'm not saying they'd beat Australia, but it's clear their systems are a large part of what is letting them down.

But then Australia would claim them if they're good enough.

Latest posts